**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Nexus Cav drop rates [Merged]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

I have been thinking about this. So here is my analogy.

If I go to the store to buy a coke or Pepsi and I pay for it open it in the car and drink it. Only for it to taste weird. I then turn the bottle on to the back and in very fine print it says diet flavor.

Now the front package is identical. Would you trust you were getting a coke? And would it be your fault for not reading the back first to make sure it was regular not diet?

Cause these crystals were diet.

But that's not what happened at all. We all know where to check drop rates. They didn't try and hide it by putting the rates in a different spot or anything. They were there for everyone one to check.

It's not bait and switch. It's not even shady. I'm almost 100% certain Miike said in the past that Cav nexus crystals weren't going to be updated, but I am not certain. I feel this came up before.
    You are incorrect sir. It was not clear. It had to be researched. Hence it’s not clear. Clear would be stated on front of the advert. Old cav crystals for sale. Not new. And packaging was the same
    By "researched" you mean clicking on the icon in the deals screen and seeing the drop rates like you always?
    Yes that is searching. And I don’t always do it When I expect to just get a Pepsi because I’m familiar with Pepsi.

Clicking a link to search the drop rates is research
    Are you familiar with Cavalier Nexus Crystals?
    I am.
    I'm curious how you encounter them on a regular basis.
  • Kd101Kd101 Posts: 122
    edited August 2021
    If it is not posted and you have to either use deduction or click something to figure it out then it is not obvious. If you do not have to take any action to figure it out then it is obvious an action to figure it out then it isn’t obvious.
    grfvb said:

grfvb said:

grfvb said:

Ragnabro said:

Why no mod respond and clarify the situtation?

hopefully kabam will give explanation in layman's terms...lots of people crying here dont understand how probability works 🤦‍♂️ the drop rate is lower but it's so tiny lol
    Increased chances are increased chances.
    ok.. what do you think is the difference in chances then?

Kd101 said:

One shouldn’t have to go to a video or read the fine print for it to be “clear”. Clear is making an effort to say they weren’t the same.

If people are bothered by a 2% difference on a Bonus Item included in a $50 purchase, then due diligence shouldn't be that much of an energy expenditure.
    it's not 2% it is 0.3% difference
    These Cav Nexuses have a 1.0% chance to be a 6*. (6* 0.8%, Nexus 6* 0.2%). The new ones have a total of 3%. A Nexus is still a 6*.
    nexus cav has 1% on a single spin to get a 6* or 99% to not get a 6*. on 3 spins u get (99%)^3 of not getting 6* or chance of getting 6* is 2.97% to get a 6* so the difference is only 0.3% compared to regular cav.. check @YoMoves detailed math in previous posts
    You have 3 spins at 1%. You're talking odds and not Drop Rates.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

grfvb said:

grfvb said:

Ragnabro said:

hopefully kabam will give explanation in layman's terms...lots of people crying here dont understand how probability works 🤦‍♂️ the drop rate is lower but it's so tiny lol

Kd101 said:

One shouldn’t have to go to a video or read the fine print for it to be “clear”. Clear is making an effort to say they weren’t the same.

If people are bothered by a 2% difference on a Bonus Item included in a $50 purchase, then due diligence shouldn't be that much of an energy expenditure.
    These Cav Nexuses have a 1.0% chance to be a 6*. (6* 0.8%, Nexus 6* 0.2%). The new ones have a total of 3%. A Nexus is still a 6*.
    *Nexii (?) XD
    nexum
    grfvb said:

grfvb said:

grfvb said:

Ragnabro said:

Kd101 said:

nexus cav has 1% on a single spin to get a 6* or 99% to not get a 6*. on 3 spins u get (99%)^3 of not getting 6* or chance of getting 6* is 2.97% to get a 6* so the difference is only 0.3% compared to regular cav.. check @YoMoves detailed math in previous posts
    People bought the cavs because they felt it had the 3% chance with 3 more chances per cav…. That is why they bought it not because it would equal out to 10 regular cavs.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,995 ★★★★★
    grfvb said:

YoMoves said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that these cav crystals are not the ones that were wrong.

I think it may have been the *class* nexii that were wrong.

I am still of a mind that the 4.5% drop rate on the nexus class crystals were erroneously placed there and that the original drop rate was supposed to be the 1.5% over three spins of a single crystal, exactly how the ones bought yesterday are currently. I am of the mind that someone at Kabam simply oversighted and did not properly do the math/adjust the rates properly on the last set, and that these are actually correct. In which case, this is a bevy of whining about absolutely nothing, and the only possible gripes would be with the class nexus deals (which, as I recall, most people were pretty happy with.)

But that's speculation. Can't know until someone who is paid to know lets US know. All I'm saying is don't jump to the worst possible conclusions and set the forums on fire searching for a scapegoat. If they messed up, given the (mostly premature at this moment) outrage, they'll likely come out and say it. If not, then you're likely going to get mad anyways, and I can't stop you, but know it'd be over nothing at all in that scenario...

agreed 1000x here mate.. giving 4.5% on single spin is ridic op
    4.5% is the current 6* drop rate for Featured Cavalier crystals per spin. These are basics, so it should be a 3% 6* drop rate per spin.
    Anyone can deduce with math and such that it makes sense and all equals out in the end…. But that is unrealistic to expect everyone to get out their calculator to do so. For every purchase. This is for consumers not scientists or mathematicians. Know the target consumers not some outlandish set of studied or diligent people.
    grfvb said:

Kd101 said:

grfvb said:

grfvb said:

grfvb said:

Ragnabro said:

Kd101 said:

People bought the cavs because they felt it had the 3% chance with 3 more chances per cav…. That is why they bought it not because it would equal out to 10 regular cavs.
    i get that.. and it is probably miscommunication from kabam on how exactly the drop rates work on nexus cav, whether the % is applicable to the whole crystal 'jointly' or it is applicable to a single spin 🤷🏿‍♂️ gotta wait for kabam statement
    That is why we have been talking about it and have been so upset. A miscommunication that people spent $50 on or even $70 or more depending on currency.
    I'm not entirely convinced it's supposed to be the new Drop Rates. It was never specified. The Nexus is a different Crystal. There was only an assumption it would be thus far. We'll have to wait and see what they say.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,762 ★★★★★

I'm not entirely convinced it's supposed to be the new Drop Rates. It was never specified. The Nexus is a different Crystal. There was only an assumption it would be thus far. We'll have to wait and see what they say.

It's the same crystal with 3 options. Why would it be any different? Because of the name?
    The drop rates have to do with it being a Cavalier crystal.
    The Nexus bit only implies that multiple options are provided.
    So then they must make sure that people realize their is a difference there was no fine print in that announcement that said, “*does not include nexus cavs”
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,995 ★★★★★

Rookiie said:

It's the same crystal with 3 options. Why would it be any different? Because of the name?
    Well, the Announcement only mentions Generic and Featured. Nothing about Nexus.
    This would be a compelling argument if we hadn’t seen Nexus Class Crystals and other Nexus versions of variable drop rate crystals (think Cavalier, Grandmaster, and PHCs) since then.

Kabam has in the past sold higher odds than this for a comparable rate (not on a Big Sale Day either), so there’s no reason to believe that they’d cut the odds for this.
    You all act like all this is common knowledge… it’s not.
    Ebony_Naw said:

Rookiie said:

Well, the Announcement only mentions Generic and Featured. Nothing about Nexus.
    Despite the hate this might generate, I suspect you may very well be right. I think your rationale is a technicality, but it's kind of what I was thinking when I heard the offer had the old drop rates. I think Kabam may have been afraid that the new drop rates would be too OP in a nexus. Whatever the reason is, I'm not entirely convinced this was an accident.

We will hopefully find out. At some point, someone will draw the short straw at Kabam HQ and let us know it was intentional, or it will turn out to be a bug and no straws will needed after all.
    It's a long weekend. We'll find out tomorrow I suspect.
    Once again people were still duped by the prospect of OP cavs that doesn’t constitute telling them here is something else not what you thought it was but still good. People who bought it for the cavs won’t be happy with… but there was other stuff that was done proper. It is a bit rude to take away from what is the issue and act like it doesn’t matter cause of some sub-rewards.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,762 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021

Kd101 said:

If I go to the store to buy a coke or Pepsi and I pay for it open it in the car and drink it. Only for it to taste weird. I then turn the bottle on to the back and in very fine print it says diet flavor.

Now the front package is identical. Would you trust you were getting a coke? And would it be your fault for not reading the back first to make sure it was regular not diet?

But that's not what happened at all. We all know where to check drop rates. They didn't try and hide it by putting the rates in a different spot or anything. They were there for everyone one to check.

It's not bait and switch. It's not even shady. I'm almost 100% certain Miike said in the past that Cav nexus crystals weren't going to be updated, but I am not certain. I feel this came up before.
    You are incorrect sir. It was not clear. It had to be researched. Hence it’s not clear. Clear would be stated on front of the advert. Old cav crystals for sale. Not new. And packaging was the same
    By "researched" you mean clicking on the icon in the deals screen and seeing the drop rates like you always?
    Did you not read up top? That is called fine print….. something one would be more likely to realize after everything is over and the mistake would have been made. The whole point is that something that simple and easy to neglect shouldn’t have been that way.
    Sure, call it fine print. Every single offer is exactly the same. The drop rates are never posted out in the open ever. You always have to click on the icon to see them. So there's no research. They didn't do anything out of the ordinary. You all are literally trying to fit a round peg in a square hole to support your conspiracy theory.
    It's not a conspiracy theory. It's a crystal which most of us thought went out of commission.
    Edit: probably all of us
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

Yes that is searching. And I don’t always do it When I expect to just get a Pepsi because I’m familiar with Pepsi.

Clicking a link to search the drop rates is research
    You literally have to do it for every crystal offer or every crystal in the crystals tab if you want to see them. No drop rate is openly posted. You wouldn't expect it with your so called Pepsi analogy (terrible analogy) but you know damn well how the drop rates are displayed in this game.

You want Kabam to be so evil so bad, you're going to such crazy lengths to try and prove it by ignoring what we've always been doing since they started displaying drop rates.

Kd101 said:

Did you not read up top? That is called fine print….. something one would be more likely to realize after everything is over and the mistake would have been made. The whole point is that something that simple and easy to neglect shouldn’t have been that way.
    Sure, call it fine print. Every single offer is exactly the same. The drop rates are never posted out in the open ever. You always have to click on the icon to see them. So there's no research. They didn't do anything out of the ordinary. You all are literally trying to fit a round peg in a square hole to support your conspiracy theory.
    Dude this isn’t a standard… you think nexus cavs after a drop rate buff is normal and something that has set rules that everyone knows? No, it is something not done before and needs explaining. Especially since it has been so long since the buffed chances. If it was right after that then it would be another matter. Posted and having to check are too different things. Stop acting like the rates automatically pop up when you look at the generic cav. We have already discussed that these nexus cavs are still cavs just with nexus put before them. One still has to do research to figure out if they are different.
This discussion has been closed.