**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Best Counters for EF

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Typhoon said:

DNA3000 said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

I don't get why people are applauding @Agent_X_zzz. He knowingly exploited a bug.

His intention was not to exploit the bug but rather to showcase that hela in her current bugged form can solo emma...
    His skills are pretty solid and he does not need to rely on any bug to exploit it. If u knew him than u would have known that he soloed SOP rogue with 3* she hulk. Why would someone who can can complete grandmaster gauntlet reviveless and solo sop bosses with 3* need to use a petty exploit?? Just think before making accusations...
    he didn't say he was showcasing it anywhere. he posted videos (yes, he did this for other SOP weeks as well) of abusing a bug without explanation, thus showing other players how to beat the challenge using a bug. it's not an accusation, it's a fact. it doesn't take a genius to realize that you shouldn't post videos of yourself abusing a bug on the forums.
    I wouldn't consider this to be an abuse of a bug or exploit. By my standards, and usually the standards of most game operators, "abuse" of a bug or exploit involves performing non-standard game activities to leverage unintended game behavior. When the game behaves differently than intended when players play normally, that isn't treated as abuse because it is unavoidable.

If there was a specific way for Hela to maintain furies that a player would ordinarily never do but is aware triggers the bug, that could be considered exploitive. It could even be actionable: they could be punished for doing so. But if the problem is Hela maintains furies when played normally by any player that can't be considered an abuse or exploitive behavior.

Games as a service are constantly changing, and as a result there are inevitable unintended behaviors happening all the time: some operate in the players' favor, some operate against the players' interests. There's nothing wrong with just playing the game and sometimes generating results the devs didn't intend.
    Can you say that he's playing with Hela normally though? Her souls are clearly expired in both of the videos and he continues to charge heavy attacks and build furies. She does not operate this way in other game modes. To repeatedly use her in this game mode while not building her souls up, in my opinion, is an exploit. If he did this and kept the exploit to himself, fine. But showing other players how to do it only exacerbates the problem.
    How would you advise a player to avoid the bug? I can only see two options: one: don't play Hela. Two: don't build furies. But both options are nonsensical.
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 536 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

I don't get why people are applauding @Agent_X_zzz. He knowingly exploited a bug.

His intention was not to exploit the bug but rather to showcase that hela in her current bugged form can solo emma...
    His skills are pretty solid and he does not need to rely on any bug to exploit it. If u knew him than u would have known that he soloed SOP rogue with 3* she hulk. Why would someone who can can complete grandmaster gauntlet reviveless and solo sop bosses with 3* need to use a petty exploit?? Just think before making accusations...
    he didn't say he was showcasing it anywhere. he posted videos (yes, he did this for other SOP weeks as well) of abusing a bug without explanation, thus showing other players how to beat the challenge using a bug. it's not an accusation, it's a fact. it doesn't take a genius to realize that you shouldn't post videos of yourself abusing a bug on the forums.
    I wouldn't consider this to be an abuse of a bug or exploit. By my standards, and usually the standards of most game operators, "abuse" of a bug or exploit involves performing non-standard game activities to leverage unintended game behavior. When the game behaves differently than intended when players play normally, that isn't treated as abuse because it is unavoidable.

If there was a specific way for Hela to maintain furies that a player would ordinarily never do but is aware triggers the bug, that could be considered exploitive. It could even be actionable: they could be punished for doing so. But if the problem is Hela maintains furies when played normally by any player that can't be considered an abuse or exploitive behavior.

Games as a service are constantly changing, and as a result there are inevitable unintended behaviors happening all the time: some operate in the players' favor, some operate against the players' interests. There's nothing wrong with just playing the game and sometimes generating results the devs didn't intend.
    Can we just tuck this away for the next "Kabam always fixes bugs that benefit the players right away!!" post?
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,749 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Typhoon said:

DNA3000 said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Can you say that he's playing with Hela normally though? Her souls are clearly expired in both of the videos and he continues to charge heavy attacks and build furies. She does not operate this way in other game modes. To repeatedly use her in this game mode while not building her souls up, in my opinion, is an exploit. If he did this and kept the exploit to himself, fine. But showing other players how to do it only exacerbates the problem.
    How would you advise a player to avoid the bug? I can only see two options: one: don't play Hela. Two: don't build furies. But both options are nonsensical.
    It's in the game, so it can't be avoided at this point. Option Three would have been to build her souls as normal using medium attacks and playing her the way she operates in every other game mode. Obviously there's no way to police that.

Personally, I think the correct route would have been to make a bug post on the forums instead of using it over multiple weeks.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Ugh, i suck at reverse controls regardless who I use this will be hard for me
  • yuwyuw Posts: 316 ★★
    edited August 2021
    Skiddy212 said:

Ugh, i suck at reverse controls regardless who I use this will be hard for me

same here, i used human torch and blocking the first hit and evade the second hit of her special does make it easier, I still ended up using 7 revives
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Qfury said:

Graves_3 said:

Why does everybody who used a revive try to justify by saying they played bad or missed a parry or something like that? It’s ok. You used a revive but still completed the fight. No need to justify the revive use. It’s not a blemish on your skill if you ended up using one. There are revives in the game to be used.

Bruh I used 10... I have the skill of an actual potato. No shame here. I'm getting it done.. just with a lot of revives lmao
    @Qfury who did you use?
  • TeddersTedders Posts: 128 ★★
    BWDO and Immortal Hulk, 2 fights and got all 4 points for the week
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Human Torch got her to 11%. Should have been a solo, but 1 L1 revive and some small potions was worth it.

5* Domino and several l1 revives got the female objective. It was her or ghost and I suck with ghost. G2099 was taking too long and losing combo so gave that up.

Powered through with Aegon after a couple revive ramp ups for skill. That one was also a chunk of l1 revives.

Cleared out my l1 overflow, but have 15 to go for next week and time to farm some more. Shooting for the top milestone since I've got them all so far.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

Human Torch got her to 11%. Should have been a solo, but 1 L1 revive and some small potions was worth it.

5* Domino and several l1 revives got the female objective. It was her or ghost and I suck with ghost. G2099 was taking too long and losing combo so gave that up.

Powered through with Aegon after a couple revive ramp ups for skill. That one was also a chunk of l1 revives.

Cleared out my l1 overflow, but have 15 to go for next week and time to farm some more. Shooting for the top milestone since I've got them all so far.

Domino works?
  • AgentDoom9AgentDoom9 Posts: 263 ★★
    I definitely have to vouch for Void. Got her down with using only one revive. Was boosted up though.
  • PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★

no matter whoever i use, dexing emma's specials feels like the hardest thing for me. i just cant do it. the reverse controls get me every single time

@Konstant45 one trick i use is to block a bit more than usual (not when she's hitting you while in fury mode of course cos you'll die of block damage). but say you and emma are medium space apart. Block for a bit then dash back and get ready to dash forward as she does her sp1.
    if you finish a combo into her, dash back and get ready to dash forward as she throws her sp1 straight away.

the main problem i found against her in SoP is when she's in her armor mode of oscillate she wasn't throwing any sp1's at all. took me 7 revives with Nick Fury. 2-3 revives of that were wasted (start of fight i dashed back and forward too early and got combo to face without even getting one hit in lol)
  • DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    I used r5 wasp and hit monkey with suicides. Took 1 revive with each because I was kinda lazy, but with enough practice they can solo her.

Wasp in particular destroys Emma frost, in her 300% Armour phase u can heavy her and she won't punish with her regular attacks. She straight up won't when it comes to wasp. I did many attempts and she never did even once. So u can do so much damage through your crits on the heavy. She will punish with her specials during this phase tho if u get unlucky, so I wouldn't try to heavy here while she has a special.

Hit monkey just crits no matter what, so u can do a lot of damage because u completely ignore her damage mitigation.

Also using any champ and standing completely still, she will throw her specials pretty much every time when in fury phase. In 300% armour phase this was the best way I could find to bait out her special. She actually throws her specials somewhat often using this strat when in 300% Armour phase, but not every time like she does in fury phase. This is a pretty good way to bait, since your fully focused on her special knowing she's about to throw it.

Overall this S.O.P fight is amazing. It's hard to solo yet skill based all the way through. By far the best designed fight yet for S.O.P.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    I used guardian. Not an amazing solo or anywhere close but he did well enough. I'll now get a 6* nexus and the 25% selector will cover the last 5% t5cc I need for TB once rewards are available.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

DNA3000 said:

Typhoon said:

DNA3000 said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

It's in the game, so it can't be avoided at this point. Option Three would have been to build her souls as normal using medium attacks and playing her the way she operates in every other game mode. Obviously there's no way to police that.

Personally, I think the correct route would have been to make a bug post on the forums instead of using it over multiple weeks.
    You take offense to anyone that's been using Moleman since he got buffed then? He's been bugged ever since and people have been "exploiting" that ever since.
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    I really didn’t think I would be able to do this week. I tried torch and void, but didn’t get her down enough to even try reviving. Then I thought I’d try Guardian’s sp1-> sp2 rotation and got this far.

His block proficiency and perfect block at high sig help if you aren’t a pro dexing her specials.
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    Lpoo said:

I really didn’t think I would be able to do this week. I tried torch and void, but didn’t get her down enough to even try reviving. Then I thought I’d try Guardian’s sp1-> sp2 rotation and got this far.

His block proficiency and perfect block at high sig help if you aren’t a pro dexing her specials.

Can a 5 star R3 duped guardian at sig 60 or something work? Forget solo, I know that’s impossible but with 6-7 or even 10 revives (yes I am that desperate), is it possible?

Can a 5 star R3 duped guardian at sig 60 or something work? Forget solo, I know that’s impossible but with 6-7 or even 10 revives (yes I am that desperate), is it possible?

It’s possible, but you’ll need a ton of patience and it’ll be a long one.

Can you bring him up at all?
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    Lpoo said:

It’s possible, but you’ll need a ton of patience and it’ll be a long one.

Can you bring him up at all?
    I just might be able to take him up to R4, though I was waiting for CAIW. But I can do it later if needed for this fight. And I can pump another 10 stones into him too

I just might be able to take him up to R4, though I was waiting for CAIW. But I can do it later if needed for this fight. And I can pump another 10 stones into him too

Do whatever you need to do, but this was the only path I could beat her.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

Youre a real piece of work huh
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Used wasp. first run took down 70%. rest 30 % took 5 revives

Typhoon said:

Youre a real piece of work huh
    Haven't hit your forum post quota for the day?
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

DNA3000 said:

Typhoon said:

DNA3000 said:

Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Exploit yes just like how people who every day force close the game to get a "free" revive essentially, we've all done it no denying that, or wait what about moleman and people "exploiting" that every single day.

Last week I did the challenge with hyperion first and this week i did it with g2099 first before I used hela just FYI

"Personally, I think the correct route would be to make a bug post on the forums"
    I also dont see you making any bug post yourself, so you think thats the correct route sure go do it yourself ;)
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

Well he's not hiding it. Try it yourself and see if you can do the same @Typhoon . He's a very skilled player this disproves nothing, not that he had anything to prove before.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,286 ★★★★
    Qfury said:

Graves_3 said:

Why does everybody who used a revive try to justify by saying they played bad or missed a parry or something like that? It’s ok. You used a revive but still completed the fight. No need to justify the revive use. It’s not a blemish on your skill if you ended up using one. There are revives in the game to be used.

Bruh I used 10... I have the skill of an actual potato. No shame here. I'm getting it done.. just with a lot of revives lmao
    I used 14 reviews with Wasp. Pretty aggravating that there were quite a few times where her passive stun didn't land despite doing the same combos.

Now I am debating whether to go for the Skill objective or not, and how many revives I think the difference between Milestone 10 and 11 is worth (in addition to the likely revives I'd need to complete next week's objectives. Maybe I should just punt this week and save revives for just getting 1 point next week.
    edited August 2021
    DawsMan said:

Typhoon said:

Well he's not hiding it. Try it yourself and see if you can do the same @Typhoon . He's a very skilled player this disproves nothing, not that he had anything to prove before.
    Challenge accepted. I took my 6* R1 Hela in to do it and got the solo in 151 hits. Racked up 35 furies which I shouldn't have been able to do. I'm going to open a bug post since nobody else will.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Na6ZcmDGu1Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na6ZcmDGu1Y