**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

SoP Ghost Nodes , Cheese?

GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,197 ★★★★★
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
"While falter , all damage are reflected"

Does this mean that if she dashes back you get falter and just let her hit you and she will nuke herself?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    Wait that’s what the node means? I thought all damage dealt to her while we are faltered is reflected back to us. If what you said is what it actually means then it would be way too easy
  • UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    DrZola said:

Wonder how that works with Namor…

Dr. Zola

Namor can't bypass falter so you will do no damage, so no damage will be reflected onto to you, so you can't reflect any damage back to ghost
    Are there any very easy/cheesy options for this fight though?
  • UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★

I'm thinking power-locking her in the corner with magik and intercepting should work well
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,628 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Only would be ridiculous if Namor reflected all damage back, but he only does while he is attacking, so no infinite loops here.

Also, I would be willing to wager a solid GGC that this is not how the node works. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for you to just allow Ghost to hit you and then she would take damage.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★
    Uvogin said:

I'm thinking power-locking her in the corner with magik and intercepting should work well
    Would've been the perfect strategy in 2020 but with the way the A.I is nowadays it's too risky
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Only would be ridiculous if Namor reflected all damage back, but he only does while he is attacking, so no infinite loops here.

Also, I would be willing to wager a solid GGC that this is not how the node works. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for you to just allow Ghost to hit you and then she would take damage.
    Right. If you take all damage inflicted on her while you are faltered, I would assume that neuters some of the DoT champs (like Void) at least a little.

But if she dashes back, certain types of debuffs are purified into fury.

Perhaps I misunderstand how the node works.

Dr. Zola
  • JMORG1111JMORG1111 Posts: 158
    Zan0 said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Right. If you take all damage inflicted on her while you are faltered, I would assume that neuters some of the DoT champs (like Void) at least a little.

Dr. Zola
    If she dashes back all debuffs are purified
    She only converts DoT debuffs to Fury Buffs.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    If she dashes back all debuffs are purified
    I suppose the main effect then is to prevent attacking with a vigilance buff active.

Dr. Zola
  • Guys it's meant to counter torch or fight. He can bypass falter so this node eliminates him as he will stistilstistill do damage with nova flames
  • AndyBeardoAndyBeardo Posts: 180
    I guess I'll try a combination of Venom and Unitman.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Guys it's meant to counter torch or fight. He can bypass falter so this node eliminates him as he will stistilstistill do damage with nova flames

And cgr, and NF and others…
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Prof X might work, his base damage isn't very high so getting it reflected isn't too bad.
    Just need to get her cornered then the node shouldn't be a problem unless I'm missing something

Edit: actually he doesn't gain vigilance so he'll get faltered. Ghost usually can't miss psychic attacks but that might only apply to her phase
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,329 ★★★★★
    I was wondering passive dot effects but only champs that have it are centurion and torch wonder if passive dot gets reflected since if not then torch could work still but if all passives and effects like power sting gets damage back to u since ur not attacking
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021

Does this mean that if she dashes back you get falter and just let her hit you and she will nuke herself?

no that's not what it means lol. just don't attack Ghost while YOU are faltered. if you attack her while YOU are faltered, YOU will take all the damage you attempted to do right back. the easy thing to do is bring in someone (a la Mole God) who can shrug off debuffs pretty quickly so you can ignore being faltered.
    Ah shite, the best purify champ I have at a good rarity is none other than… DDHK, that shows what trash skill champs I have
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

no that's not what it means lol. just don't attack Ghost while YOU are faltered. if you attack her while YOU are faltered, YOU will take all the damage you attempted to do right back. the easy thing to do is bring in someone (a la Mole God) who can shrug off debuffs pretty quickly so you can ignore being faltered.
    Do we know if it's a passive or debuff?
    I was just thinking about this, Elsa came to mind if it’s not a passive.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

it's always a debuff unless it specifically says passive ... like the Rogue fight when the unstoppable was passive or one of the fights had some passive that Slow wouldn't work on if I remember correctly. the point though is it'll say specifically that it's passive if it's not a debuff.
    edited August 2021

Zan0 said:

it's always a debuff unless it specifically says passive ... like the Rogue fight when the unstoppable was passive or one of the fights had some passive that Slow wouldn't work on if I remember correctly. the point though is it'll say specifically that it's passive if it's not a debuff.
    This, I don’t think that it said it was a passive, so it’s mostly a debuff so we can shrug it off.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,981 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    We’ll need to wait and see how the damage reflect works. For example, if you place a DoT on Mysterio before he uses his special 1, he does not then reflect the DoT damage at you when his reflection ends. Red numbers, in my experience, tend to bypass reflect mechanics.

If that is the case, Bishop might work extremely well. Spam sp1 to keep incinerates on her and every time she purifies them she takes damage from his ability to punish shrug/purify mechanics.

Apocalypse could also work to prevent her from shrugging anything. Apoc might actually be the best counter if the DoT doesn’t get reflected. A permanent concussion and weakness will dramatically mitigate the damage she is capable of and lessen how frequently spite triggers.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,329 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

We’ll need to wait and see how the damage reflect works. For example, if you place a DoT on Mysterio before he uses his special 1, he does not then reflect the DoT damage at you when his reflection ends. Red numbers, in my experience, tend to bypass reflect mechanics.

If that is the case, Bishop might work extremely well. Spam sp1 to keep incinerates on her and every time she purifies them she takes damage from his ability to punish shrug/purify mechanics.

Apocalypse could also work to prevent her from shrugging anything (unless she has something like force of will, I haven’t looked at her nodes except for Haunted yet.)

With reflecting namor reflects all back, its not really shrugging but removing will have to see how that interacts with apocs ability.