Options

How much pain are you in?

SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,645 ★★★★★
Aka how far did you make it in Summer of Pain?

A more descriptive or accurate title could have been chosen, but I liked this one. I was able to take down Ghost with Doom and BWDO in a single revive (probably could have been solos for both, but ehh) and I was able to make it to the final milestone today! A bummer that the rewards aren’t available now, but I get how milestone rewards work and it makes sense. How did everyone else do? I was able to take down several bosses with solos, and most with only one or two revives per champ, but a couple of the TB objectives were rough on my roster, and I occasionally just got wrecked, so a couple bosses took more like five revives, but overall, relatively painless and super fun for the most part! Very interested to see what the rewards for the final week are, and how many units I would need to get through it.

How much pain are you in? 343 votes

Tier 1-3 (the lowest rewards)
6%
GroundedWisdomFurious_Fighter1Liss_Bliss_PizzaGuy245Denslo500psp742dangarang122Ewell65SSS69Killswitch01Priceless00Incredible_Hulk00_hbtygbty423_Hilbert_unbeatable2raviXsharmaMatrixdemonmemegod1RIBKAZZQuantumEmperorXVPoseidon1000Avi613Wooptyfrickendoo 24 votes
Tier 4
2%
heruheru511Alex13369ThatGuyYouSaw235ILLUSION8LlessurDraconic_12AndyBeardoCabbageRancherXandude32Darkening34 10 votes
Tier 5
8%
RockingOmkar311001TerraSamMarquezRahultripathiBlubfish_666Logan00Austin555555Grant100BIGMAC9940Cosmicspiderman777dot_dittolimeade32HippoSleek_JUnio77IRQSuperiorSymbioteScarXThe_Sentry06dirt13jrTheBlindSalmon 28 votes
Tier 6
6%
TheTAbyssSpity68HeroBoltsyOliverJWAKTEKAgentDoom9TatteredSailLibertyPrimeV1silentagMattstafariRenaxqqaNOOBis235odishika123HoitadoAceOfDiamondPuttPuttSearmenisScarletDolphinRiptidePro2004_ 23 votes
Tier 7
1%
fmussapRasiloverrockykostonbrahimpi99LpooHSS75 6 votes
Tier 8
4%
Batmania15LuciusVorenusSceptilemaniacNewman0067MoosetiptronicMr_Holl87CanuckDownUnderPikoluBen550pRU11011EdeuinkOmedennDarkGuardianBlôdletterOoooiiiiieeeeeeLemon_Man44Detective_Pikachu 17 votes
Tier 9
8%
MasterSmokeMr_PlatypusGarryDKHort4Captain_007_ChitlinsHilldarAdvmanveertherealLiquidkoldRaichu626Little_Crocodili29Denzel116Xva23EinfachSote_dua_shumBonzodavidHasan78610Dfour24Ercarret 30 votes
Tier 10
8%
OdachiDragonMCOCSw0rdMasterDONZALOOG1234yuwwvonkCap366Reverend_RuckusCr7ms7rs7CainLegionnaireAMS94BinkPlayzMrWTFAomine_Daiki10Ken1378AburaeesQfuryTerry_BolleaBolland 29 votes
Tier 11 (the best rewards)
51%
DNA3000Crys23TheJallidanielmathDrZolaBadroseLeNoirFaineantBitterSteelMegaSkater67DrOctavius2_2RaganatorLightburn22xNigTheManMythLegendrishisaimmmbanyasJadedzuffycytwbcallinashes 176 votes

Comments

• Options
    BinkPlayzBinkPlayz Posts: 99 ★★
    Tier 10
    I solely missed fishbowl, everyone else was completely done
  • Options
    ExHavokExHavok Posts: 519 ★★★
    Now we know that there are "special objectives" for the last challenge. After seing some leaks and imagening some possible objectives, I'm in so much pain.
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Tier 7
    Not too much pain. Didn’t finish Rogue or Mysterio based on roster limitations. This event will end up getting me to Thronebreaker, so I appreciate you Kabam

Edit: thought it was 7 points lol

• Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    The total cost of the entire event for me was 7 revives and a bunch of overflow potions

1 revive on Mysterio with Apoc. I was getting impatient and even though I eventually got the solo using G99 I still used a revive on my initial clear cus I didn’t know if I would ever get close to killing him again

1 revive on Darkhawk doing the mutant objective. I had a revive expiring in 2 hours so I figured may as well use it on domino to finish that objective

3 revives on Symbiote supreme. 1 with Hyperion, 2 with warlock cus that fight was BS.

2 revives on Emma. Skill objective, I got her down to 10% with aegon so I revived. Then I died stupidly and had to use a second revive.

Overall the event wasn’t all it was hyped up to be. I’m hoping the final week brings the pain that we have only gotten from Mysterio and Emma but we will have to see
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Except for Emma, no need revives for the rest.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,161 ★★★★★
    Some fights was definitely hard for me when it came to the objectives. Never had to use any units. Just revives in stash that would end up expiring or forcing myself to explore 7.2. Well worth the effort for the rewards.
  • Options
    Putang76Putang76 Posts: 283 ★★
    Don’t forget there still pain left
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Tier 10
    mysterio got the best of me
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,153 ★★★★★
    No pain, no gain - bring it on.
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Just had some Carolina reaper... delicious but it hurts
  • Options
    silentagsilentag Posts: 429 ★★★
    Tier 6
    As great as the rewards seem, I didn’t feel like busting it over trying to get the top milestones. My effort this summer was dedicated to the gauntlet and that was enough for me for a while, so I’m pretty satisfied with taking it easy.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Main - perfect. Alt - gonna stop at 20.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I haven't done Ghost yet but I'm pretty sure I will, which will mean I will end up with all 27 milestone points.

Which I genuinely thought I would have very little chance of getting before SoP started. The fights were not all easy for me, I only have a few solos out of the bunch and my potion inventory looks pretty depleted now, but I haven't spent actual money on it, so I'd say I maybe stubbed my toe here and cut myself shaving there.

Pretty much exactly me except I sorta just unit manned one objective for Venom and Emma Frost.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,639 ★★★★★
    Assuming it would've looked the same, this would have been much harder if it had come out last summer as planned. Rosters have changed a lot in one year.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,255 ★★★★★
    Main and alt, both max milestones.

It’s pretty easy tbh.
  • Options
    MrWTFMrWTF Posts: 68 ★★
    edited August 2021
    Tier 10
    I couldn’t get Emma down. I set a 5 revive limit for each fight. I reached the 5 limit with Emma so I had to let it go. All the other fights were doable.
  • Options
    RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    Tier 5
    Haven't done Ghost yet, but I'll get it done with Tigra.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,267 ★★★★★
    Deep enough.
    Feeling great that they reduced rewards timer by two weeks.
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Tier 10
    Missed the first 3 weeks due to doing 7.2 expo and wanting to save units.

More than happy as I initially only wanted the 3 25% selectors
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,148 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Tier 4
    I would be 4% away from my nearest T5CC after this.

I also opened all the 2% T5CC crystals and got none of the class I was looking for in the shop.
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,078 ★★★★
    Tier 10
    I'm on 24/27 which is 1 tier higher than I planned to be. I went on holiday earlier in the month and knew my blood-alcohol levels wouldn't be compatible so I could play the luxury of not having 4 points to be flexible with.

I don't feel like that t6b loss will be a deal breaker as I know I haven't bought any offers to get a rank4 on day1 but took the 10k unit deal on July4th and a similar offer on black friday will probably get me there.
  • Options
    AndyBeardoAndyBeardo Posts: 180
    Tier 4
    When the event started I thought I couldn't win one fight. Yesterday I completed the 5th one, granting me the 6* Nexus. That was all that I had hoped for. I admit it, for me it was the summer of revives.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Once I do Ghost with Doom later I’ll be finished. My total revive count is 4 but in terms of attempts it’s far higher.

I personally think they’ve hit the nail on the head. The majority of the fights have been challenging, at least when you have limited options for them. I think that if you’re just reviving your way through there’s not a huge amount of pain beyond a depleted stash but if you’re determined to get that one shot then that’s when the pain and frustration comes in.

I do think that this event’s difficultly shouldn’t be defined by resource use alone.
  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    A lot of pain, not because of SoP but because I didn't do the first week since I figured I'd not be able to do the rest anyway and I was rather busy that week, so the highest I can get is 8.
    I've done every week since. I wasn't gonna do Ghost but I figured I'd give it a shot with a 6* r1 hit monke and got the solo.

I'm in pain over my own decision. 🙃