**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cavalier What If Nexus Drop Rates

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    If you're going to take it upon yourself to pass judgment, you might want to fact-check. I wasn't wrong because I never made any assumptions last time. I said I don't have the information from Kabam.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,335 ★★★★★
    Has there ever been a cav crystal that has only certain champs that has had basic drop rates prior to today?

It has Star Lord and stealthy in it as well which would indicate it's a featured crystal to me.
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    I wonder how long it took for the correction to hit last time
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

Where are people getting 4.5% from?

A 1.5% crystal of the old drop rates should be 4.5% in today's drop rates
    It's not a Featured. It's a Nexus Cav. Regular Cav Rates apply. There's no Featured Champ, just a list of specific Champs.
    Why were they 1.5% and not 1% originally then?
    The erroneous Rate doesn't really make a difference.
    Ehhh it kind of does. But you can have your opinion
    Stop and do the math, which is usually DNA's wheelhouse, but logic states it either way. 4.5% chance, with 3 rolls per Crystal, and 2 Crystals for 5 bucks? Hmm...
    You're like the people that argued last week that the 1% drop rate was correct (DNA was part of that)

Logic states that if last week a bugged nexus was upgraded from 1% to 3% that this 1.5% crystal should be upgraded to 4.5%
    For the other nexus crystals, I said there were two reasonable possibilities: the posted odds were an error and should have been three times higher which would make the nexus crystal have extremely high value, or the posted odds were not an error which would make the nexus crystal a moderately better value than a normal (updated) cavalier crystal.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Zan0 said:

DNA3000 said:

Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

Where are people getting 4.5% from?

A 1.5% crystal of the old drop rates should be 4.5% in today's drop rates
    It's not a Featured. It's a Nexus Cav. Regular Cav Rates apply. There's no Featured Champ, just a list of specific Champs.
    Why were they 1.5% and not 1% originally then?
    The erroneous Rate doesn't really make a difference.
    Ehhh it kind of does. But you can have your opinion
    Stop and do the math, which is usually DNA's wheelhouse, but logic states it either way. 4.5% chance, with 3 rolls per Crystal, and 2 Crystals for 5 bucks? Hmm...
    You're like the people that argued last week that the 1% drop rate was correct (DNA was part of that)

Logic states that if last week a bugged nexus was upgraded from 1% to 3% that this 1.5% crystal should be upgraded to 4.5%
    For the other nexus crystals, I said there were two reasonable possibilities: the posted odds were an error and should have been three times higher which would make the nexus crystal have extremely high value, or the posted odds were not an error which would make the nexus crystal a moderately better value than a normal (updated) cavalier crystal.
    And it was an error. So what are your thoughts on this situation? If 1 % drop rates were old and got corrected to 3% shouldn't the old 1.5% get corrected to 4.5%
    I don't remember off the top of my head if older nexus cavalier crystals that contained a limited pool of champions were released as standard crystals or featured crystals or both. If someone has evidence that these kinds of things were typically (always, or almost always) released with the old featured odds (1.5%) then given what happened with the previous cav crystals these probably should be 4.5% crystals.

Also, Kabam probably needs a way to specify which odds table the crystal is intended to have that is separate from the color commentary description, if they intend to do anything different from the normal expectation, since correcting the previous one was a tacit admission that those expectations are out there and reasonable. They can't be *held* to them if they decide to change their minds, but they should announce the intent in an obvious manner at the point of sale if there's any ambiguity.
    I can confirm for you there were 3% cavs prior to this, namely some of the side event cavs in prior months having normal drop rates.
    I don't care either way. 4.5 seems high for a Nexus, but it doesn't bother me if I'm wrong. Just looking at the logic. I don't necessarily agree that they MUST be 3x the Rate by default, if that Rate is too high. Makes no difference to me. If they're still broken, I get compy just like everyone else.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    While all this back and forth happens I hope Kabam will see a need to name the Cavalier crystals that have a 3% drop rate different from the ones that have a 4.5% drop rate. Perhaps something like Cavalier and Cavalier Ultra....or better yet make them all 4.5% going forward. I would buy a lot more of the regular Cavalier crystals if it had the 4.5% rates
    I think clarity on the intended Rates would suffice. Obviously people will always want better chances. Even if it breaks the balance of the game. Lol.
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 648 ★★★★
    Still haven’t received my four replacement crystals. Has anyone already got their’s?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,545 ★★★★★
    Quick reminder that now would be a good opportunity to explain how the Nexus process works and what the rates mean when there are three results.

I tend to agree with @DNA3000 about the drop rates but I’m more than happy to get crystals with a 4.5% drop for each single result of the three.

Dr. Zola
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    These What if crystals are clearly featured in that the pool is limited to a select set of champions, and were also advertised as cav crystals (vs other champ limited crystals like legendary, bloodletters etc). I would hope that means they get the same drop rate as featured cav crystals which have the highest drop rates in the game for 6*.
  • ChitlinsChitlins Posts: 164 ★★
    Does anyone know when the compensation crystals are coming out?
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Chitlins said:

Does anyone know when the compensation crystals are coming out?

Nope
  • Darkknight_94Darkknight_94 Posts: 459 ★★★
    When will we get (compensated) right drop rate what if cavalier nexus crystals ??
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    DrZola said:

YoMoves said:

DrZola said:

Quick reminder that now would be a good opportunity to explain how the Nexus process works and what the rates mean when there are three results.

I tend to agree with @DNA3000 about the drop rates but I’m more than happy to get crystals with a 4.5% drop for each single result of the three.

Dr. Zola

10-4, I got this one.

Assuming a 4.5% 6* rate on crystals...

The odds of *not* pulling a 6* is 955/1000 cubed...which is roughly a .87, or 87%. That means there is a *one in eight* chance with a 4.5% nexus to pull a 6* at any given time.

Those numbers are...absurd.
    Assuming it works like you and I think it does. Those are silly odds given what we’ve been conditioned to this far.

Especially if you consider you are actually getting 6 chances with the two crystals. My maths may be rusty but doesn’t that wind up around 25% shot at a 6*?

Dr. Zola
    Yep. 24.1% chance of getting at least one 6* from a batch of two crystals.

I think clarity on the intended Rates would suffice. Obviously people will always want better chances. Even if it breaks the balance of the game. Lol.

Given that Kabam has chosen to give compensation, it seems that the intended rates were better than originally stated in the offer. With all due respect, I think Kabam has a better understanding of what 'breaks the balance of the game' than you have.
    I was speaking on the want for better Rates. Not this specific situation. Given the option, people would choose higher. To their own detriment. Lol.
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Feature champs give you a better odds at getting a specific champion, these crystals give you better odds by eliminating other characters.

I think 3% is reasonable, but it is all getting a little confusing.
  • Captain_007_Captain_007_ Posts: 14
    So umm where’s the compensation for the incorrect Crystals ? Anyone receive it yet. ?

So umm where’s the compensation for the incorrect Crystals ? Anyone receive it yet. ?

I still haven't. Last weeks compensation for the similar issue came out about a day later I believe. So hopefully soon?
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,014 ★★★★★
    Chitlins said:

I still haven't. Last weeks compensation for the similar issue came out about a day later I believe. So hopefully soon?
    I think it was 48 hours after the offer lapsed. So I’d guess the next day or two.
  • FuskieFuskie Posts: 108
    I didn't check my drop rates yesterday when I purchased mine either. But I just checked the email receipt and I bought them at 1pm EST. Can anyone tell me if the rates were already fixed by then please? Thanks
    Fuskie said:

I didn't check my drop rates yesterday when I purchased mine either. But I just checked the email receipt and I bought them at 1pm EST. Can anyone tell me if the rates were already fixed by then please? Thanks

I dont think they were fixed until like 3 or 4 est
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Nkrzykwa1 said:

@Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike any update as to when those who purchased the crystals before they updated the drop rate will get the correct crystals sent to them?

Not sure if it really matters. Either you will get them sent to you or you won’t.
  • FitnesscwFitnesscw Posts: 216 ★★
    Are these crystals going to be around on Wednesdays now?
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Jaded said:

Nkrzykwa1 said:

@Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike any update as to when those who purchased the crystals before they updated the drop rate will get the correct crystals sent to them?

Not sure if it really matters. Either you will get them sent to you or you won’t.
    People would like to know, because they're paying for items that they didn't (properly) receive. Would just be nice to know when to expect them.