**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6.3.1 Black Bolt advice please

Should I bring along Diablo or Human Torch ? Which of this two would work against him? I don't seem to have any other options to counter him besides warlock.

Comments

• ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★

Should I bring along Diablo or Human Torch ? Which of this two would work against him? I don't seem to have any other options to counter him besides warlock.

Do you have Hood? Lifecycle is the problem not regen, you also don't want to reverse his regen due to lionheart. You want someone who can knock him down easily and reliably.
    What about Mag X or Hyperion?
  • NimsKetchumNimsKetchum Posts: 59
    Chikel said:

Do you have Hood? Lifecycle is the problem not regen, you also don't want to reverse his regen due to lionheart. You want someone who can knock him down easily and reliably.
    I had no idea about lionheart node. Thanks for mentioning it. I do have hood but he is R1 5*. No hype and white mags as well.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

Doesn’t he have limber as well…?
  • AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★
    Look up mcoc noob on YouTube. Doom for black bolt.
  • doom/sym work very well.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Jaded said:

Chikel said:

That's my point. You need someone who can knock him down without depending on parry.
    - Hood with invisibility.
    - Hype with easily accessible power gain and sp intercept.
    - Mag X for passive stun.
    - I used Stryfe - His invisibility allowed me to knock him down without parrying.
    - Prof X
    - Domino + Massacre
    - NF with unblockable
    - KP with unstoppable on heavy
    - Thing with unstoppable and unblockable
    - Dragon Man
    - Maybe Vulture with his miss mechanic though I'm not sure how that works.
    - Doom of course wrecks that fight
    Ajisdope said:

Look up mcoc noob on YouTube. Doom for black bolt.

His guides are only helpful if you have the best champs. He does not gives other options if you don't have the best counters and sometimes he fails to mentions the best options as well.
    Chikel said:

Jaded said:

Chikel said:

That's my point. You need someone who can knock him down without depending on parry.
    - I used Stryfe - His invisibility allowed me to knock him down without parrying.
    - Prof X
    - Domino + Massacre
    - NF with unblockable
    - Dragon Man
    Appreciate your suggestions. Unfortunately, I only have Stryfe, NF, hood and dragon man. Only NF ranked up :D . Guess I will just use Fury or rank up Dragon Man
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

Chikel said:

Jaded said:

Chikel said:

- Prof X
    - Domino + Massacre
    - NF with unblockable
    - Dragon Man
    Appreciate your suggestions. Unfortunately, I only have Stryfe, NF, hood and dragon man. Only NF ranked up :D . Guess I will just use Fury or rank up Dragon Man
    Would be good if you posted your roster. We can give other suggestions as well :)
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    I don't know your champions, but i would suggest you to look for one that can heavy counter Black Bolt and ideally has strong unblockable specials; if not, simply someone that can heavy counter and save your power for an SP3 ^_^

Personally i used colossus when i did completion and he worked pretty well, but you want to NOT parry until BB is about to die ^_^ I also just fully explored this quest (finished ten minutes ago ^_^) and i successfully one-shotted him with Cap IW, Doom, Sorcerer, Prof. X and White Mags, but i used the pre-fight to make my life easier, so i'm not sure how viable they are without being able to freely parry ^^"

I don't know your champions, but i would suggest you to look for one that can heavy counter Black Bolt and ideally has strong unblockable specials; if not, simply someone that can heavy counter and save your power for an SP3 ^_^

Personally i used colossus when i did completion and he worked pretty well, but you want to NOT parry until BB is about to die ^_^ I also just fully explored this quest (finished ten minutes ago ^_^) and i successfully one-shotted him with Cap IW, Doom, Sorcerer, Prof. X and White Mags, but i used the pre-fight to make my life easier, so i'm not sure how viable they are without being able to freely parry ^^"

No colossus as well :) .... There is a reason I came to forums for advice :D .Wish I can use my 4 star mags X for the pre fight.... lol
    Update: So went with fury , got him to second phase and unblockable. But got clipped by sp1 and died lol. BB was at 72%. Went in with my warlock and took him down :D . Warlock's heal block as usual insane. Thank you all for your advice.

Btw, Destroyed medussa as well with Warlock :D . Thronebreaker here i come!
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    I was going to tell you that warlock is enough but looks like you already figured that part out.😝
  • tofuシtofuシ Posts: 220 ★★
    i soloed with wasp iirc
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    Happy to hear that you were able to beat him and medusa too, I wish you good luck for your run ^_^