Kabam please reconsider the Guillotine changes

MickmackMickmack Member Posts: 6
edited September 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Hi all,

As a passionate Guillotine user, I am really disappointed in the changes that are being made to Guillotine. While her overall damage will likely increase, you have heavily nerfed a lot of her abilities that made her even somewhat usable originally

Regen - You have nerfed her regen to a static 2%. Before she would get 10% chance of about 20-50%, per 4 soul charges, which equates to an average of 2-5% per 4 soul charges or, 6-15% at 12 souls by the end of some fights.

SP1 - The ability is near useless, Especially considering how badly her regen has been nerfed to the point where she will not be able to recover most DOT damage anyway, it will only be useful as a gimmick with the grind all synergy against champs with insane DOT numbers.

SP2 - This is more or less fine, still no significant change to how it was before though.

SP3 - This has been heavily nerfed, as you would deal 2% max health for each soul charge. So at 10 charges before you would deal 20% of the opponents max health, but for people dealing with 200k health pools in cavalier event quest it’s going to be closer to 10% now. The fact that her soul charges are now capped also severely reduces how good this will be.

Rupture: This sig ability is fine and I see no issue with it but would rather have kept the old regen ability as well.

My suggestions:

- Keep regen how it used to work with the old signature ability and include it alongside the rupture with her new signature ability.

-Remove the soul charge cap. You’re hurting the SP3 very badly by having this in place, making it much worse than before

-The SP1 would probably not be terrible with the old regen but it still isn’t great as things stand but I have no recommendations other than to simply change it

This is my first post so go easy on me please lol and please speak out if you agree or disagree with any supporting arguments or criticism to my own.

Thank you

Comments

• ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Member Posts: 3,112 ★★★★★
    Dont expect people to respond if they agree with you. They shady like that. Anyways lets wait for the buff first before we judge. Main thing for me is utility being lackluster but lets just see how her regen and damage comes out.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★

You are severely misreading her abilities. Her regen will be so much better then it was and the dmg overall will be better. I dunno why the hate is coming from everywhere, i think it looks like shes got some sick potential but wait and see before making posts like this pls

This.

They did nerf her regen hard, people saying it’s better must be bad at math or not playing her awakened. Her “buff” heals 2% of damage dealt. Say you’re fighting a 500k hp champion you’ll get back 10k hp when today she is capable of healing that back in a single hit. Yeah she does that unawakened but that’s a huge blow to anyone who played her awakened let alone used any sort of sig stone or gem for her.

It's 2% of all Damage continuously, without fail, including DoT. Which means you'll likely have to play her aggressively. I'd take guaranteed Regen over RNG-dependent any day.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Member Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

They did nerf her regen hard, people saying it’s better must be bad at math or not playing her awakened. Her “buff” heals 2% of damage dealt. Say you’re fighting a 500k hp champion you’ll get back 10k hp when today she is capable of healing that back in a single hit. Yeah she does that unawakened but that’s a huge blow to anyone who played her awakened let alone used any sort of sig stone or gem for her.

It's 2% of all Damage continuously, without fail, including DoT. Which means you'll likely have to play her aggressively. I'd take guaranteed Regen over RNG-dependent any day.
    Do a full RoL clear with her today and again when her “buff” is released and let us know the difference.

Do a full RoL clear with her today and again when her “buff” is released and let us know the difference.
    You had a percentage possibility to Life Steal a large chunk of Health. Which wasn't as consistent as people are implying. It was a bunch of Health at once, sure. Is it too low a percentage? We'll have to wait and see. Personally I don't use ROL alone as testing grounds. I can see how increasing it too much is a problem.
    edited September 2021

You had a percentage possibility to Life Steal a large chunk of Health. Which wasn't as consistent as people are implying. It was a bunch of Health at once, sure. Is it too low a percentage? We'll have to wait and see. Personally I don't use ROL alone as testing grounds. I can see how increasing it too much is a problem.
    I’ve already done full clears in the past with her and I can tell you right now that 2% won’t hold a candle to what she is capable of healing today.

Do you test anything other than patience?
    Did I say anything otherwise? I said I'd take consistent Regen over RNG-based any day now. No one can test anything until it goes live. What you seem to fail to acknowledge is that it's guaranteed Regen based on Damage dealt. Which means it's not going to be the same. Unless you think amped Damage on top of Regening all Damage from Fight to Fight wouldn't be game breaking. In which case there's no explaining anything to you.

I’ve already done full clears in the past with her and I can tell you right now that 2% won’t hold a candle to what she is capable of healing today.

Did I say anything otherwise? I said I'd take consistent Regen over RNG-based any day now. No one can test anything until it goes live. What you seem to fail to acknowledge is that it's guaranteed Regen based on Damage dealt. Which means it's not going to be the same. Unless you think amped Damage on top of Regening all Damage from Fight to Fight wouldn't be game breaking. In which case there's no explaining anything to you.
    If they increased her damage that resulted in heals with the “buff” what you’re saying might have relevance.

If they increased her damage that resulted in heals with the “buff” what you’re saying might have relevance.
    They did increase her Damage.
    edited September 2021

Not the damage that resulted in heals, show me the attack boost.

*yeah that’s an error, there was one. Reducing the percentages relative to the percentage of attack boost negates your point.

*yeah that’s an error, there was one. Reducing the percentages relative to the percentage of attack boost negates your point.
    She heals from any Damage now. Which is tied into the Bleed. Unless they're immune, and there's a caveat for that. He Damage overall will be more.
    edited September 2021

She heals from any Damage now. Which is tied into the Bleed. Unless they're immune, and there's a caveat for that. He Damage overall will be more.
    Her damage may be debatably more under certain conditions but her sustainability won’t be which is the point being made. Previously she could take much more damage and come out ready for the next fight, with the “buff” she cannot.

Do the math or do an actual test rather than arguing and talking in circles.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Member Posts: 942 ★★★★
    Honestly, she needed some value update and utility. Look at Falcon for instance, Moleman, Diablo, etc. Then again the idea of her before is kinda there but not quite there. They definetly took lessons from Hood buff but not enough. I'm having a feeling her buff will turn out to be insignificant, she won't get any more use cos of it. Some willprefer her synergize over buffed. Just from the spotlight, I can personally say I don't like the buff...for a voted overhaul-ish champ, this is just "oh I almost forgot to work on her" kind of buff.
    Let's see if I'm proven wrong when it goes live.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Member Posts: 788 ★★★★

Her damage may be debatably more under certain conditions but her sustainability won’t be which is the point being made. Previously she could take much more damage and come out ready for the next fight, with the “buff” she cannot.

Do the math or do an actual test rather than arguing and talking in circles.
    About the whole "sustainability" thing:

I once managed to heal to full with a lucky SP3 proc.

I doubt buffed Guillotine can do that.

A spicy 10k crit is only going to heal her for... 200. Block damage.

Although it's only a 10% chance, pre buff Guillotine has a chance to get back all of that 10k Health.

What if the Soul charges also increased her regen a little?
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 ★★★★★
    How the change to her regen turns out will most likely depend on how much spicier her damage output is. In every fight, she effectively has a cap for how much health she can get back - 2% of the opponent's health. If she can nuke them down before they manage to chip her down too much, that consistent healing will be a nice way to keep her consistently topped up. However, in drawn-out fights (or if she eats a special to the face or something), it doesn't seem like she'll have a way to gain a massive amount of health back like she currently does.

Plus, that healing is going to be significantly nerfed further if you run suicides and have that 30% reduction from Liquid Courage.

If her SP1 allowed her to reflect her DOT to her opponents while healing from Willpower herself (kind of like Namor), I would probably have less of an issue with the changes to her regen in other areas. However, since that doesn't seem to be the case and she takes damage as well, I agree with the people who don't really see a value in that ability.

I'm not deeply invested in Guillotine so I won't be raising any pitchforks before trying her out, but I will say that nothing in her new kit was what I wanted for her. I find that to be a shame. It says that she "punishes buffs" but from what I can see, the chance to bleed an opponent has been nerfed from 50% to 35% so she'll only be back to her normal 50% when fighting buffed opponents. I assume that's because her bleeds will be stronger in her buffed version but it still feels like a weird side-step rather than a straight improvement.

I wish they'd given her some kind of mystic utility. Maybe reduce the potency or duration of the opponent's buffs by let's say 5% for each soul she has.
  • MickmackMickmack Member Posts: 6

Sorry GroundedWisdom but as usual you aren’t living up to your name. Her average regen before at a minimum was 100-250% of what it’s going to be changed to for every 4 soul charges you have.

That means on average for a guillotine at 8 charges she will be at 200-500% more regen pre buff and at 12 charges she will be at 300-750% pre buff.

In conclusion? Depending on her sig level pre buff her regen is being reduced by 50-85%

It’s a lot worse, I am a mathematician/statistician, I know how these numbers work and am sure others will agree they are a lot lot worse, and you can’t really counter that saying her damage will be better because it’s not going to be increase by 300-750% especially when I have noted her SP3 is heavily nerfed by the changes. Damage from basic attacks will be increased no more than 100% which does not make up for it.

• TheBroskySlayTheBroskySlay Member Posts: 21
    I don’t understand why math is so hard..

2% is minuscule.. yes it’s ALL damage, so you can have a small amount of continuous healing even without hitting the opponent, but it’s limited to the HP of your opponent.

Example: Take an opponent with 100k HP. The max healing you get from this fight is 2,000 HP. For a Rank 3 6* this equates to about 5-7% of their health. For a R5 5* it’s about 7-9%.

This is extremely limited/minimal healing in terms of sustainability.. A few blocked hits in some fights will take that much health. 1-2 attacks with recoil.

Even for apex content - let’s say a 1 Million HP opponent, you limited to healing 20,000 HP which is nice.. but that’s a slow trickle of healing over the entire fight, you can’t reduce yourself from 5% back up to 20% in a short time to make using parry more safe or to allow blocking a special attack.

I hope it feels substantial enough when it goes live, but it’s definitely less healing.
    I never argued it wasn't less.
    What I said was I'd take consistent, guaranteed Healing over RNG-based any day.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,945 Guardian
    edited September 2021

Ok so you say you would like a consistent thimbleful of water to a slightly more RNG based glass of water. Got it.
    note, the RNG is very similar to wolverine's level of regen.

Ok so you say you would like a consistent thimbleful of water to a slightly more RNG based glass of water. Got it.
    I'm familiar with her, I've been using her since release. She's one of my favorites. I'm reserving my judgment until I see her, but yes. I would take guaranteed, reliable Regen over RNG. No question.
    It wasn't Regen you could depend on. It would kick in now and then and the numbers were impressive, but not at all dependable.

I'm familiar with her, I've been using her since release. She's one of my favorites. I'm reserving my judgment until I see her, but yes. I would take guaranteed, reliable Regen over RNG. No question.
    if you do the math you will see how much the regen is reduced. I have an r5 sig200.
    I dont want a bishop regen (which funnily is better than guilly's), I want the massive regen that is usually get once a fight independent of how much health the opponent has.
    I just don't see that working with her new kit without being OP. I can see them adjusting the percentage within reasonable limits. Just my two cents.

I just don't see that working with her new kit without being OP. I can see them adjusting the percentage within reasonable limits. Just my two cents.

Her "new" kit gives her an attack increase per soul. They hard capped the souls at 15, which would hard cap the max regen. Take away the trash 2% regen and give back the old regen, it is hard capped anyways now.
  • CmaroCmaro Member Posts: 229 ★★
    Just took my 6* to r2
    ..82 Hita on 500k Winter Soldier is solid..so leta suprise how will that "buff" work

Her "new" kit gives her an attack increase per soul. They hard capped the souls at 15, which would hard cap the max regen. Take away the trash 2% regen and give back the old regen, it is hard capped anyways now.
    The increased Bleed, the Damage on Bleed Immune....

The increased Bleed, the Damage on Bleed Immune....
    lower bleed chance and less potent bleed.....
    hard caps the damage aspect at 15 souls. Before you could go higher, 20.