**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What's up with this jacked up AI?

DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
As if the game isn't broken enough with the parry timing and random other engine issues, we have to deal with garbage AI like this? The Apoc fakes a block to draw me in to get blasted in the face?!?! I've spent years hitting blocks while trying to bait a special but now we have this junk? How are we supposed to think there is any integrity in playing this game in it's current state?

https://youtu.be/VIgEC2K5MJ8

Comments

• MutantA___4444MutantA___4444 Posts: 186 ★★
    DalBot said:

Lpoo said:

The AI has definitely been special intercepting more often. As annoying as it is, if I can do it, so can the AI I suppose

If I get special intercepted for being sloppy I kick my own rear for that. It's the fake block that drew me in that is new and absolutely absurd
    So do you want the old and boring AI instead?
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    AI also throws specials just before or during at some point of a heavy. And I m not talking about Ant Man heavy situation or Old Man Logan with two moves and a bit of delay between them.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

Graves_3 said:

DalBot said:

As if the game isn't broken enough with the parry timing and random other engine issues, we have to deal with garbage AI like this? The Apoc fakes a block to draw me in to get blasted in the face?!?! I've spent years hitting blocks while trying to bait a special but now we have this junk? How are we supposed to think there is any integrity in playing this game in it's current state?

I hear you!! I got a special to the face mid combo in AW yesterday.
    THAT is the most annoying and most ridiculous of all the things. I can never interrupt a combo from the defender yet somehow they can do it repeatedly now.
    Do you have a video of this? I have never seen or heard of this happening so would be interesting to see
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021

Graves_3 said:

DalBot said:

THAT is the most annoying and most ridiculous of all the things. I can never interrupt a combo from the defender yet somehow they can do it repeatedly now.
    Do you have a video of this? I have never seen or heard of this happening so would be interesting to see
    I’ve seen it a couple of times. It’s awfully hard to capture unless you are videoing all the time.

There is a slightly slower combo cadence (I think) you can use to “extend” the combo timing, for example when trying to get to the right time to throw a special and avoid encroaching stun. I wonder if sometimes that isn’t what has happened and the player has just gotten too slow or that it is simply a dropped input that the AI turns on which looks like it was an interrupted combo.

It doesn’t happen often in my experience.

Dr. Zola
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Graves_3 said:

DalBot said:

I’ve seen it a couple of times. It’s awfully hard to capture unless you are videoing all the time.

There is a slightly slower combo cadence (I think) you can use to “extend” the combo timing, for example when trying to get to the right time to throw a special and avoid encroaching stun. I wonder if sometimes that isn’t what has happened and the player has just gotten too slow or that it is simply a dropped input that the AI turns on which looks like it was an interrupted combo.

It doesn’t happen often in my experience.

Dr. Zola
    Ya, happens when using omega red so you can stay closer to your opponent longer. Just curious if an opponent actually throws a special while you’re doing a regular combo. That seems wild so i’d wanna see it, since nobody i know has ever brought it up
  • Gildarts99Gildarts99 Posts: 329 ★★
    Just experienced the same thing.not sure what is going on.
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    thepiggy said:

I don't mind a tricky AI, but it shouldn't do everything we can.

Imagine:

- trying to hit into the AI's block from a long distance and getting parried every time

-hitting into the AI's block once then getting parried on the second hit (reparry)

- five hit combos into a special

We can do these things, but if the AI did them we'd never win a fight.

Does the AI have parry and dex masteries?