**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Honest discussion about arenas….

Comments

• SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    zuffy said:

BigBlueOx said:

Searmenis said:

Making arenas harder to keep the win streak running may be a solution.

I like this idea, constantly escalating difficulty would make it more of skill challenge too
    Not really. The bot will win since it can run 24/7 and start new streak over and over.
    Yes, but after a certain amount of wins, there s going to be a significant point distance from regular players, since let s say, at win #200 it s gonna be impossible to deal with AI if you re not a robot.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

Making arenas harder to keep the win streak running may be a solution.

Grind much? The AI has already been adjusted. I for one don't want more difficult Matches in a mode that's all about cumulative Points over time. I'm not saying it's perfect, but making the Arena harder is already an issue.
    Fact is, the Bots need to be dealt with, but it's a whack-a-mole process. I certainly don't think Arenas are dead, nor do I think it's overrun. I think another avenue might be best.
    They're going for Champs. That's what the Arena is all about. It's a competition of Points to Rank for Champs. One way that could isolate things and make it easier to deal with is having Champs as a Milestone with a reasonable enough goal for what it is. Then having Ranking for added Rewards. If it's simply Champs they're playing for, it makes it easier to ban them after the fact, so their spoils aren't won or affecting others. The tricky part is determining what's sufficient for a limit.
    As for the competition aspect, it could be anything as a Ranking Reward, really. Gems, a Dup, Shards, Crystals, etc. For the time being, isolate the cheating and make dealing with it more acute.
    Just a thought I had a while back. Not really connected with previous requests to make it a Milestone, but I see it as being beneficial long-term.
    Plus, bots have a repetitive fight style, and avoid physical damage I suppose, they intercept perfectly etc. Can't that be detected?
  • richardrod33richardrod33 Posts: 13
    There is no solution for bots (apparently). I would suggest giving the champ away at like 120mill or somewhere that it is still an extraordinary grind and where Kabam can still get revenue from the units from arena grinds. Although that means the bots get the champs, the bots are getting the champs now and it is excluding real people who grind with real time and money to not get the champ. Making the cutoffs larger just means more bots taking the spots.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    thepiggy said:

This is a small sample from today's summoner trials arena. This stuff happens in every arena, in all arenas, thousands and thousands more than what's here, some obvious, most not, some in alliances, some not, some with obvious names, most not. Would it kill kabam to look into this game mode?

What does this have to do with the featured arenas? take the same screen shots of that and show me all the 180+M bot scores. That just doesn't happen
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    LordPSN said:

Mercs? Bots? Miss to get a champion and blame it on mercs?? Why?? Because you didn't get it?
    Come on...
    184 million?? Who told your mate to stop at 184 million??
    If he really desired, he should have gone over and beyond.
    Stop saying Mercs or Bots when you don't have any proof!

plenty of proof all through out line chat's merc's openly brag and offer services!
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

LordPSN said:

thepiggy said:

This is a small sample from today's summoner trials arena. This stuff happens in every arena, in all arenas, thousands and thousands more than what's here, some obvious, most not, some in alliances, some not, some with obvious names, most not. Would it kill kabam to look into this game mode?

Do you know about alternate accounts??
    Gifting event is coming soon?
    Dont you think that's alternate account of a guy farming units and battle chips?
    Remember last season when Kabam checked the gifting event scores and put a huge message here that the ranks are genuine as they were alternate of major players??
    Come on man. You didn't get the champ, its ok. I understand you are sad.
    But dont start saying because of bots or mercs or whatnot...
    People were crazy for knull and 100 people got him as 6star.. So be it..
    Now you know the minimum score. 2nd round will start soon. You already got the benchmark so start doing it.
    He had enough time to get 200+ mill on 8 accounts? Man read what you post before you do. Saves a lot of time.
    That's summoners trials 🤣. No one is scoring 180M in a 3* arena. That's basically the only arena bots have any impact on
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    gp87 said:

Lets be realistice for two things:
    Arena is broken but the fix must be that way so kabam dont destroy cavs crystal, because if its top 500 nobody will take cavs and will go for arena.
    That can be fixed with two ways:
    1. Make arena grind for champ strictly without vpn and no the ability to change country through grinding: i dont believe someone can score 200mils while also travelling, 200 mills needs no sleep three days.

I Love this Idea !!!

• KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

LordPSN said:

thepiggy said:

Do you know about alternate accounts??
    Gifting event is coming soon?
    Dont you think that's alternate account of a guy farming units and battle chips?
    Remember last season when Kabam checked the gifting event scores and put a huge message here that the ranks are genuine as they were alternate of major players??
    Come on man. You didn't get the champ, its ok. I understand you are sad.
    But dont start saying because of bots or mercs or whatnot...
    People were crazy for knull and 100 people got him as 6star.. So be it..
    Now you know the minimum score. 2nd round will start soon. You already got the benchmark so start doing it.
    He had enough time to get 200+ mill on 8 accounts? Man read what you post before you do. Saves a lot of time.
    That's summoners trials 🤣. No one is scoring 180M in a 3* arena. That's basically the only arena bots have any impact on
    Didn't read that. My bad 😂
  • AzmingAzming Posts: 37
    If u guys knows u didnt have a chance against this INDIVIDUALS. Stop pushing ur limit and use ur time to reach each peak miles of all 3 arenas. Wasting time for getting new champs its kinda insane and yes, unhealthy. If u after units,thats good for u. If u want that champs so badly, slim chances u have. Even i disagree about this so called mercs or bots. Im f2p and arena grinder btw.

Besides.... how do u know they have score over 150M+ ? :o
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Grinding 200+ mill is just not done.
    Azming said:

If u guys knows u didnt have a chance against this INDIVIDUALS. Stop pushing ur limit and use ur time to reach each peak miles of all 3 arenas. Wasting time for getting new champs its kinda insane and yes, unhealthy. If u after units,thats good for u. If u want that champs so badly, slim chances u have. Even i disagree about this so called mercs or bots. Im f2p and arena grinder btw.

Besides.... how do u know they have score over 150M+ ? :o

I m not after the champs, I m after units and the 1-5% crystal shards, something that gets harder and harder, since it's clearly affected of the whole bots/mercs situation.
  • PanbohPanboh Posts: 72
    This was adressed a few times and still no answer from kabam. I guess they ARE happy with top 100 forced to use 10k+ units on refresh.

I'm doing every featured since they changed the arenas, only to get a new 5* and watch them sit on a bench at r3, but the cutoffs for even a top 500 are getting through the roof and with not a single content (except that one variant) where the 5* are still valued and usable, there is no real point to chase them.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    And here I’m thing to keep up with ranking up enough champions to continue accumulating arena points. It takes three days for me to reach 20 millions points so that just shows I’m far off. I do have the collection to reach 200million points if I wanted, but not enough ranked up champions to make it. So it kinda worries me that the more champions I’m trying to rank up to compete with then the more arena cutoff keep raising and not only that! R4 6* is slowly showing up there and there so that will raise the cutoff to maybe what? 250million?