This week SQ too difficult?

2»

Comments

• xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    MojoHater said:

xNig said:

I took Diablo + HT + Ika/Ser for the 2 side paths.

Ghost + Wasp + Diablo for middle path.

ghost for korg?
    Yup. Easy fight.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★

MojoHater said:

I just solod korg with r2 sorc... 269 hits :) may i add he lost his rock shield timer at 50% due to some glitch cuz i dont have pacify but that made the fight a lot shorter.

Korg makes no sense in this quest. I used Diablo because I can only dex his SP1 about 60% of the time so the regen is helpful.
    If you don’t hit his block, you can actually just block his sp1.
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Member Posts: 537 ★★★
    Idk if Kabam is busy manning the boards with the Variant 8 fiasco so they don’t notice other things…but MAN this thread is popping 😂😂😂.
  • Etm34Etm34 Member Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Guys just use Claire for this week. Spam SP2 and she solos every single fight without even a bit of a sweat.
  • spigwenderspigwender Member Posts: 473 ★★★
    it wasn’t too difficult. was it boring? yes. but too difficult? no.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian
    MojoHater said:

Before you dumbasses in the community think I'm complaining that it is too hard, let me clarify:
    I DON'T THINK THIS IS TOO DIFFICULT.
    All I'm saying is, the rewards do not match the difficulty.
    They can keep the difficulty, but should increase the rewards.

That's not how content design works. You can't make whatever difficulty you want, and then set the rewards to whatever you think they deserve. Content rewards in the game essentially are budgeted. The rate of rewards that flow into the game is itself designed into the game. While there is some small amount of flexibility there, it isn't arbitrary or unlimited. Many people seem to think they can have any rewards they want, as long as the content to get them matches. They think if the devs would only be willing to add higher difficulty content, they would be allowed to add higher value rewards. That is completely false. No progressional game as a service anywhere on Earth works that way.

As to the SQ, I'm not sure if the content difficulty is appropriately scaled to the rewards; off hand I would say the difficulty seems a little higher than what I would expect. But is it so difficult it is impossible, or requires spending tons of resources? Not really. In fact, I'm fine with Legendary difficulty: I actually think the tier that has the biggest potential difficulty mismatch is Master, compared to what I would expect from Master tier players. But Legendary shouldn't be a cake walk for the players going after the top tier difficulty.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian
    xNig said:

MojoHater said:

xNig said:

I took Diablo + HT + Ika/Ser for the 2 side paths.

Ghost + Wasp + Diablo for middle path.

ghost for korg?
    Yup. Easy fight.
    BWCV also seems to be perfectly fine for Korg. And for most of the other stuff as well, but specifically for Korg he doesn't seem to have any crazy nodes that would prevent you from just heal spamming with Claire and fighting him very conventionally.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Member Posts: 882 ★★★
    MojoHater said:

Hazzalec1 said:

I’ll just drop my 2 cents in here, may as well as I read the whole post.

I don’t think this side quest is too difficult. I actually think it’s too easy. If they upped the difficulty then they would likely (or more accurately should) bump ip the rewards, which would make it more worthwhile.

The opponents on that first path for completion (the middle one) have around 350-400k health. They’re decently chunky. But they’re not too high health and they’re not really that challenging. I managed to explore legendary itemless, with using doom for most of it, as well as mags, torch and CGR for some fights.

As for the parry bug and stuff, It seems like every month it gets worse for me. However this month has actually been better. Still not 100% fixed but im definitely noticing that my parries land more often.

I hope you have fun with the other quests this month. :)

I like your politeness sir, at least you don't say "git gud" hehe. For which fight did you find mags useful tho?
    I used him for mojo and annihilus. Although I did only use mags once against him, on the middle path I believe. The other two paths I took doom since I could technically only bring 2 champs + ikaris/sersi so I brought doom and CGR (right path) or doom and mags (left path).

Hope this helps.
  • MojoHaterMojoHater Member Posts: 244 ★★
    Hazzalec1 said:

MojoHater said:

Hazzalec1 said:

I’ll just drop my 2 cents in here, may as well as I read the whole post.

I don’t think this side quest is too difficult. I actually think it’s too easy. If they upped the difficulty then they would likely (or more accurately should) bump ip the rewards, which would make it more worthwhile.

The opponents on that first path for completion (the middle one) have around 350-400k health. They’re decently chunky. But they’re not too high health and they’re not really that challenging. I managed to explore legendary itemless, with using doom for most of it, as well as mags, torch and CGR for some fights.

As for the parry bug and stuff, It seems like every month it gets worse for me. However this month has actually been better. Still not 100% fixed but im definitely noticing that my parries land more often.

I hope you have fun with the other quests this month. :)

I like your politeness sir, at least you don't say "git gud" hehe. For which fight did you find mags useful tho?
    I used him for mojo and annihilus. Although I did only use mags once against him, on the middle path I believe. The other two paths I took doom since I could technically only bring 2 champs + ikaris/sersi so I brought doom and CGR (right path) or doom and mags (left path).

Hope this helps.
    it does thanks
  • tofuシtofuシ Member Posts: 220 ★★
    the middle path was annoying for sure.
    I brought doom ghost and wasp
    doom and ghost went through the skrull (doom) and korg (ghost)
    the terrax I used 2 revives
    and the anni boss was a solo with doom
  • 7h3wh173r488177h3wh173r48817 Member Posts: 20
    A big issue that I'm seeing is that while it's not too hard for developed Cavs or Thronebreakers, it is too difficult for new cavaliers. I didn't have any difficulty with the quest on my main account but on my alternate account which is cav (and completed 6.2) I don't think I could do the completion for the legendary SQ, which I'd say is too difficult since the quests are supposed to be targeted such that Cavs can do completion at the very least.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Here’s to hoping they don’t tune it like they did the objectives in September

I wouldn't have an issue with it being tuned overall. It's too over-the-top.
  • PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Member Posts: 566 ★★
    MojoHater said:

Speaking of terrax, remind me how many counters he has? Far as I know, only sorceror supreme can make the fight decent, and even then it's really difficult to not mess up just because of his sheer health pool. If he had a lower health pool, other champs like Kingpin would be durable.

I agree with your points regarding the rewards should be better for the significantly harder content (400k+ hp's does take a lot of 5* champ out of range for these fights unless you have great counters)

In regards to Terrax though: Namor easily finished off Korg and Terrax for me. I'm not saying he's a common champ (esp since you need max sig), but just saying there are other options to get the terrax. Ally mates used BWCV and doom as well reasonably successfully.
  • CrkwestCrkwest Member Posts: 384 ★★★
    I think epic middle lane is what legendary should be
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★
    I was tempted not to post anything because there's just so much negativity. Next time, don't insult everyone in your opening paragraph. This isn't a wrestling smackdown show.

Anyway, personally I think the rewards are balanced. I've got through without revives or healing potions using 5/65s and a r2; and if I can do it (as an early Thronebreaker, who's never set foot in the Gauntlet or the Abyss), most TB players ought to be able to - with a bit of practice and planning. Even taking into account DNA's earlier post - what if difficulty and rewards were proportionate, like you suggest?

This is four tricky (but satisfying) fights in a zero-energy quest with no entry limits, which you've got three weeks to beat, and for which multiple good options exist... That can't merit especially high rewards, can it?

If anyone is still struggling, my suggestion is that if you don't have Namor, then the easiest way to handle Terrax is with someone who can keep him from throwing Specials. Without Specials, after the first ten seconds of having to stun/run away he's a very ordinary opponent. Frankly this Terrax was less trouble than the one in the main EQ, with his Conflictor node.

Claire Voyant is mentioned above. Personally I used 5/65 Dr Voodoo, who absolutely dominated him.

You could easily do the same with Quake or Magik; or you could do it less easily with champs like Symbioid Supreme, Dormammu, Psylocke or even Punisher-2099 (not the best choice, obviously...).

None of these are especially rare or unusual - most people will have one of them. If power control isn't your thing, then Namor will work, or Sorcerer Supreme, or Gladiator Hulk can do pretty well.
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 955 ★★★★
    I think this is where the challenges is, for some players that have the right champs, these SQ it can be pretty easy (or at least doable without items). However for other while out the champs (or enough) rank up then it is a completely different story, without the right counter, it is not just 1 revise, it is many, as you can't get over the barrier.

Take myself as an example, a new Cal and taking example of what fellow members recommended good counter.

Namor (don't have)
    Claire V (5* Rank 2)
    Dr Voodoo (5* Rank 2)
    Quake (don't have)
    Magik (dont have)
    Symbioid Surpreme (5* Rank 2)
    Dormammu (don't have)
    Psylocke (5* Rank 1)
    Punisher 99 (don't have)
    G Hulk (don't have)

I manage to do 2 paths in Epic without item, but haven't been successful with the middle path yet, not even talking about Legendary.

It feel like every month side quest is chasing your tail trying to get the right champs or the ranking material, waiting a week for about 2000 glory to save up for another T5 basic or Alpha 2, only to find out that next month it is someone else. Just doesn't feel it is balance for a Side Quest or the very least sure don't feel fun. Thing can be challenging just try to keep it fun, can't imagine anyone putting Korg, Terrax, Annih on the same path and think it is fun.

However I respect Kabam Boo on writing a proper reply, and hope that the team will actually look into and make changes. Time will tell.
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks, thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. Our team is going to take a look at the side quest difficulty after receiving feedback from you all. Please bear with us while we look through some data! Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding. :)

• MojoHaterMojoHater Member Posts: 244 ★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks, thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. Our team is going to take a look at the side quest difficulty after receiving feedback from you all. Please bear with us while we look through some data! Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding. :)

Thank you very much for the communication! I greatly appreciate your vigor in keeping up with the community :smile:
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 955 ★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Hello @Kabam Boo I was wondering if you or anyone from the Kabam admins team have any further updated for the community on this, and where we will see any change to the next 2 Side Quests and the previous 2 Side Quests?

C.C: @Kabam Miike @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Zibiit