**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Compensation for BI 8 Variant Difficulty Issues [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Distal_lessDistal_less Posts: 17

• ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★

Hey all,

This is not based on the number of Items you personally used, but the average difference between what people sued before and after. Summoners still used potions and revives on this fight after the Fix went live, and this is based on what the data we collected shows for the difference.

• TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 366 ★★★
    Kabam, in order to beat the boss we had to construct a team that made the main champion possible to defeat. For me that meant Apoc with 3x Mr Sinister leaving Venompool to clear the lanes. I ended up using **** loads of revives on the lane (thanks Maw and Stryfe) and then 3 revives on the boss. Did you consider the oath as part of the compensation or did you look at only what you wanted?
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★

Cool
  • TreoTreo Posts: 386 ★★
    I think you are making a classic mistake here.

You are solely looking at what people used on items on a specific fight. Are you taking the paths into account. …Are you taking difference in skill level into account (between those that jump in right away and those that wait a few weeks) … are you taking frustration into account … are you taking into account that it was broken and now you fixed the fight but you don’t fix the spirit of the players that are being beaten down day after day ….

I feel kabam is not seeing how much frustration is building …. Or don’t know how to handle that frustration at least.

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

NGL this is a farce, it’s also extremely bad timing considering that open letter that has been commented on by the entire community except a Kabam employee.

"Entire community"?

At least you're not exaggerating.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    I think the compensation is fine, considering that there is no practical way for Kabam to do this on an individual basis.

It was known on day 1 that the DPX boss was bugged and that the Vpool main boss was ridiculously hard. If you were bashing your head against the wall despite knowing that, then you chose to waste your revives and potions. I waited until VP was changed. Kabam made that change super quick, too.

Revives and health potions are easy to farm. Stop acting like this is the end of the world. It's a video game.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,132 ★★★★★
    Dkcody42 said:

Hey all,

This is not based on the number of Items you personally used, but the average difference between what people sued before and after. Summoners still used potions and revives on this fight after the Fix went live, and this is based on what the data we collected shows for the difference.

I appreciate this is the way it was done for the SoP as well, but that method by design short changes half of the people who did it.

If the average was 1 revive extra then that means 50% used less than 1 revive extra and 50% used more than 1 revive extra. The method of compensation here immediately gives 50% of players less than they used.

Is it possible for you to explain the decision here to not say, “ok why don’t we go for the 75th percentile, just to make sure we don’t automatically alienate half of our players who attempted this mistaken content”
    I probably shouldn't have said "based on the average", because we don't use the average to determine what we're giving as Compensation, but we do look at it. We usually cut out the top and bottom outliers, and then aim to be on the more generous side when we do these things.

But that does still mean that no matter where we land, somebody will have probably used more or less than what is returned.In an ideal world, we'd be able to work this out on an individual level, but that's just not possible, or would result in Compensation taking several months to complete.
    YOU HAD BOUGUS BUSTED CONTENT. Screw averages and what you think is fair. You could have easily given everyone a package that was actually generous. You have had a terrible month and should be ashamed of your company. This packages should have had minimum 500 units 5 revives, 3 team revives, two 30% boosts one 20% attack boost and one 25% health boost, 10 level 5 potions 5 level 3 team health potions and one of each class power boosts.

Hey all,

I appreciate this is the way it was done for the SoP as well, but that method by design short changes half of the people who did it.

If the average was 1 revive extra then that means 50% used less than 1 revive extra and 50% used more than 1 revive extra. The method of compensation here immediately gives 50% of players less than they used.

Is it possible for you to explain the decision here to not say, “ok why don’t we go for the 75th percentile, just to make sure we don’t automatically alienate half of our players who attempted this mistaken content”
    I probably shouldn't have said "based on the average", because we don't use the average to determine what we're giving as Compensation, but we do look at it. We usually cut out the top and bottom outliers, and then aim to be on the more generous side when we do these things.

But that does still mean that no matter where we land, somebody will have probably used more or less than what is returned.In an ideal world, we'd be able to work this out on an individual level, but that's just not possible, or would result in Compensation taking several months to complete.
    YOU HAD BOUGUS BUSTED CONTENT. Screw averages and what you think is fair. You could have easily given everyone a package that was actually generous. You have had a terrible month and should be ashamed of your company. This packages should have had minimum 500 units 5 revives, 3 team revives, two 30% boosts one 20% attack boost and one 25% health boost, 10 level 5 potions 5 level 3 team health potions and one of each class power boosts.
    And even then that wouldn’t be enough. None of us should even be playing this pathetic game. They should be begging us to do so!
    No one is forcing you to play this game? If it’s that bad, just quit.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

Hey all,

You knew you were setting yourself up for failure when nobody agreed with you and you were basically asking for the most Pro Player package you can ask for.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★

Hey all,

Or.. spend zero time calculating (saving time for staff to work on other things) and just hand out something somewhat decent to everyone as an apology for releasing content with bugs and poor design? Please remove this from my account. It's insulting and I'd rather just have it removed. Thank you.

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Why is this discussion not showing up on the main page?
  • ARW2000ARW2000 Posts: 53
    When you use the player average it groups all players of all skill levels together. For compensation like this either the average needs to be player level specific, thronebreaker cavalier etc, or the benefit of the doubt needs to be given to the player as in all players get thronebreaker average.

Personally I went in with a good team and would have one shot the boss, but deadpool kept getting powergain and throwing sp3s taking me 3 revives where I would have normally spent none.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021

Did you use any items? How much did you explore?

There are similar payouts to accounts that did 100% but used no pots. If that’s like you, that could suggest the actual count was based on explore far more than usage.

Dr. Zola
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★

Why is this discussion not showing up on the main page?

Mods turned off refreshing for it
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    BAHAHA this a joke right? If so, this is a very funny joke.
    You know, considering we get 5 revives and 5 lv5 health potions every month, so surely they can't be that ungenerous for actual compensation.
    Wait... it's not a joke?
    man.
    Edit: can I just trade in the terrible AQ "compensations" in for a better compensation for this?
  • Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★

Hey all,

Lol, ok brah
  • Distal_lessDistal_less Posts: 17
    DrZola said:

Did you use any items? How much did you explore?

There are similar payouts to accounts that did 100% but used no pots. If that’s like you, that could suggest the actual count was based on explore far more than usage.

Dr. Zola
    I used roughly what was sent out in the comp and I 100%’d it before the fixes. Pretty sure everyone who did 100% it got the same as me.

• lihuahualihuahua Posts: 14
    I have never given a game one star rating.
    Now I think I should.
    The compensation is a joke.
  • DiablordDiablord Posts: 504 ★★★
    1 reveive and 1 potions?

I used 3 revives and 6 potions.
    You should get your data right kabam.
  • ThiartcThiartc Posts: 265 ★★
    edited November 2021

Hey all,

This dies not make sense

As you stated, this is not end game content, thus you have to remove end game players from the list 1st on item used, most end game guys, like lagacy, used basic zero items in this, and most mid game guys, that you said this was build for, did not do this because of the bugs, before the fixes, thus also basic zero use from them

Then the fixes came through and more mids did it, they in-turn used more potions and because of that average using almost looks the same

Compared end game players before and after only and mid game players before and after, i bet you will see a bigger discrepancy
  • ShannokShannok Posts: 110
    I didn't got ine yet .