**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Has the game gotten too easy?

124»

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I hate these kind of arrogant posts by peeps who have stacked rosters of the top 3 or 4 champs OF EACH CLASS as 6* R3 and/or 5* R5.

Please remember that:

- Not everyone has a 5* or 6* Ghost and/or a 5* Quake
    - Even if you have the above , you might play the game for FUN and may not have the desire/time/patience to learn how tonuse them.
    - Even if you have Quake/Ghost/ a few other Beyond God Tier champs and know how to use them you might be a Free to play player, without the time to grind for the resources needed to rank them up.
    - You may have two or three beyond god tier champs ( that are NOT Quake or Ghost) and you are good at using them but these champs you have cannot counter every problematic node/boss in the game.
    - You may have a handful of beyond god tier champs but you dont have any/enough good champs OF A SPECIFIC CLASS to clear content that is gated by having chance of a certain class.
    - Your RNG luck is the absolute worst in the world and even if you have been playing for 6 years you have not a single beyond god tier champ to show for it.

I voted that the game is balanced because it is NOW, after 6 years playing the game, that I finally can say that I have a balanced set of top tier champs to face most content in the game. If you have asked me 7 or 8 months ago, i would have voted that the game was too difficult, because before that I have had the ABSOLUTE WORST rng luck . In the last 7-8 months the game gave me a reworked god tier Red Mags ( which i had pre buff duped) , and the RNG gods have finally taken pitybover me and gave em 6* CMM and Warlock, and 5* OR, HT, Aegon, NF, CAIW, Doom, BWCV, Venom, Guardian., plus the resources to rank up and dupe ( and max sig) the ones who needed them.

So next time you think the game is "too easy" just remember that others do not have the RNG luck, the time to play or the whaling money that YOU have.

This actually changed my mind (on the internet? crazy), I was coming into this post thinking yeah, I'm endgame and 7.1 was done within a week reviveless, variant 6 is completed and would be 100% if not for slogging through the cavalier EQ which holds no challenge for me. Where is my challenge?

But reading this post made me think about the position i am in compared to others, I enjoyed 7.1 and variant 6 sure, but only to casually go through. I wasn't overly challenged by them. But i have a developed roster and (trying not to brag) the skills to go with it. I have 32 r5/r2 champions and 2 r3 champions, i have the depth to handle most of what the game throws at me. I'm happy with act 7 being less roster depth focussed than act 6 was, as even though I enjoyed act 6's challenge, there were of course parts where I didn't like how niche some fights were. Not to mention how tied to thronebreaker act 6 is, other than the abyss it's the only place to get full t5cc for the average player.

What I think I'm trying to say is, act 7 is a good difficulty while being fun, variant 6 is a good difficulty while being fun This is all well and good, but of course I am still looking for a challenge. The monthly 10% t5cc challenges are fun too (when they show up cough cough december), but it's not enough, cavalier EQ is dull as all hell. I think endgame players need a challenge too, without making permanent content like act 7/variant so insanely hard you need every top champion in the game. Where will that be? I think the obvious answer is EQ where if you miss a month it isn't the end of the world, but with cavalier EQ only just coming out, I hesitate to say any changes are coming there.

I'm just worried for my enjoyment of the game for the future, when act 6 was coming out I was ranking up champions to help with that. Now, i feel like i can probably handle most of act 7 with the roster i have. Sure more rank 3 6* will be able to help, but with only a what? 15% increase in stats from r2 to r3? An r2 can probably handle most of what an r3 could. Maybe I'm wrong and we get to 7.4 and I'm incredibly challenged and life is great, but i worry for the others who don't have the RNG luck or time.

Endgame players need a monthly challenge i think, more than cavalier EQ and the 10% challenge. Something to keep things fresh month to month and something for lower players to aspire to.

• Options
    Mr_PredictorMr_Predictor Posts: 107
    Faseeh said:

qartweli said:

Agree and even t1 masters war map is too easy even with r3 defenders

try r4 or r5 defenders?
    Lol. He means r3 6 star defenders.
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    I feel appropriately challenged by the games new content
    1 year ago . . .
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 401 ★★★

Denslo500 said:

1 year ago . . .

Basically everything that was said here still holds true. Recent content hasn't gotten more difficult in the sense of challenging your ability or understanding. It's just gotten annoying by throwing damage reductions, power gain, or paradox fights that require complete AI cooperation to squeeze in damage into the tiny windows they design.

Hardly any of the challenge lies in completing to tasks laid out but moreso in getting lucky with the AI actually doing what you need when you need it to do it. You may find that interesting which is totally fine. As for myself and lots of other people I know, it's just annoying and slows everything down to a point that you don't even want to do it.
    I'm not sure I totally agree with that. In the last year we've seen gauntlet and summer of pain, which while they were not permanent content, they were definitely not easy for most.
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    edited November 2021

I hate these kind of arrogant posts by peeps who have stacked rosters of the top 3 or 4 champs OF EACH CLASS as 6* R3 and/or 5* R5.

Please remember that:

- Even if you have the above , you might play the game for FUN and may not have the desire/time/patience to learn how tonuse them.
    - Even if you have Quake/Ghost/ a few other Beyond God Tier champs and know how to use them you might be a Free to play player, without the time to grind for the resources needed to rank them up.
    - You may have two or three beyond god tier champs ( that are NOT Quake or Ghost) and you are good at using them but these champs you have cannot counter every problematic node/boss in the game.
    - You may have a handful of beyond god tier champs but you dont have any/enough good champs OF A SPECIFIC CLASS to clear content that is gated by having chance of a certain class.
    - Your RNG luck is the absolute worst in the world and even if you have been playing for 6 years you have not a single beyond god tier champ to show for it.

I voted that the game is balanced because it is NOW, after 6 years playing the game, that I finally can say that I have a balanced set of top tier champs to face most content in the game. If you have asked me 7 or 8 months ago, i would have voted that the game was too difficult, because before that I have had the ABSOLUTE WORST rng luck . In the last 7-8 months the game gave me a reworked god tier Red Mags ( which i had pre buff duped) , and the RNG gods have finally taken pitybover me and gave em 6* CMM and Warlock, and 5* OR, HT, Aegon, NF, CAIW, Doom, BWCV, Venom, Guardian., plus the resources to rank up and dupe ( and max sig) the ones who needed them.

So next time you think the game is "too easy" just remember that others do not have the RNG luck, the time to play or the whaling money that YOU have.

You forgot to add he's prolly whaling out and/or grinding arena for units clearing these contents with them. And he said he was sleepy so he's prolly just tired out from grinding or actually sleeping and somehow managed to do this in his sleep.
    Some of us are having real control isssues and stupid AI behaviour making fights that wouldn't have been a problem a pain and you're here sleep-typing this fake (being decent) post. Just sleep tight!
    Edit:
    I wouldn't say the contents designed are easy, I just want the game to be fixed. Wait a min, how old is this post :smiley:
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,189 ★★★★

For a while it seems like the game has been losing a lot of the challenge, and personally I’ve been quite disappointed with the lack of challenge in the content that has been released recently.

Cavalier EQ is basically a copy paste every month and this month was even missing the 10% T5CC objective, which was the only thing keeping it interesting.

The hardest part of variants 5 & 6 was coughing up units for energy refills to get through it quickly. Bring the right team, and both can be done with minimal item usage and effort.

Don’t even get me started on the act 6 nerf, particularly the champion. I’ll be here ranting for hours.

Book 2 I will give kabam credit for. It’s fresh, and makes summoners think much more about who to bring for each path. But, the difficulty really isn’t there.

It seems recently that there has just been a lack of true challenging endgame content.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

How do you feel about how the content has scaled over time.

P.S. Sorry for any terrible typing or grammar, I’m very sleep deprived rn lol

The content is not itself challenging
    But dropped inputs bugs and lags make surviving harder than any challenge
  • Options
    daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    Its all relative, what is ridiculously hard for some, others find manageable. I'm struggling right now with eq cav and the recent side quest but don't believe that everyone should be able to clear everything. We all have our limits skill wise and sometimes champ wise. I play the game as a time filler so I do what I can and if I can't complete then so be it.
    It is frustrating that all these threads around difficulty are certainly amplified by the shocking state of the game mechanics (broken dex, parry, dropped inputs, champs doing what they want and ultra intelligent AI)
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    I feel like we are very much in the pre-Cavalier difficulty days again where Uncollected difficulty just wasn't cutting it anymore for Cavalier players. That seems to be the case for Thronebreakers now. I think that especially the last few SQs have ramped up the difficulty significantly, to a point where I (sort of a mid-tier TBer) find it okay but those above me still lack a challenge while Cavalier players find it too punishing.

I think the game could really do with a new set of difficulty that caters to endgame players while allowing Cavs to have their difficulty left alone without our (TBers) needs ramping it up unnecessarily.

I do agree with those who say that Act 7.1 and 7.2 were some of the most fun content Kabam has made, though. I don't want them to shy away from that design where there were both tough nodes and rewarding counter-nodes. I really, really enjoyed that design. Even if they ramp up the difficulty even further, I hope they keep that element of it.
  • Options
    FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    Yes, new content lacks challenge, and I want more challenging content in the future
    J0eySn0w said:

Please remember that:

You forgot to add he's prolly whaling out and/or grinding arena for units clearing these contents with them. And he said he was sleepy so he's prolly just tired out from grinding or actually sleeping and somehow managed to do this in his sleep.
    Some of us are having real control isssues and stupid AI behaviour making fights that wouldn't have been a problem a pain and you're here sleep-typing this fake (being decent) post. Just sleep tight!
    Edit:
    I wouldn't say the contents designed are easy, I just want the game to be fixed. Wait a min, how old is this post :smiley:
    @Mobile_P0tat0 Thoughts on @GoddessIlias being an MCOC Whale? I'm in a state of shock rn ngl frfr💀😆
  • Options
    IgnobleIgnoble Posts: 79
    I quite like the challenge from time to time. What I dislike is a frustrating challenge (The damn Sentinel at 6.1.6) - where it’s more like a grind to fight the enemy than a fun time.
    Though most of this may be my idiocy.

It’s about find what you enjoy doing in the game and balancing your play around it. I like AQs and AWs for being challenges that change and adapt each time round. EQs are fun at UC+ because you’re forced to think about the path nodes and global aura.

As long as you’re enjoying the challenge presented then I see no problem with the game.
  • Options
    @Worknprogress but it is harder.
    Kabam decided to attack our Dexing and "taunting" abilities this year.
    It was the best idea they had at the time.
    Hopefully they are over it.
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★

J0eySn0w said:

Please remember that:

Edit:
    @Mobile_P0tat0 Thoughts on @GoddessIlias being an MCOC Whale? I'm in a state of shock rn ngl frfr💀😆
    1000% a whale, how do you think he got a sig 200 beast?
  • Options
    I like how people are making comments about Summer of pain when this thread was made almost a year ago
  • Options
    kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★

Cavalier EQ is basically a copy paste every month and this month was even missing the 10% T5CC objective, which was the only thing keeping it interesting.

I'm going to go ahead and assume here that you are currently at the level of Thronebreaker. If that is indeed the case, of course Cavalier Difficulty is going to feel easier to you than someone who just made it to Cavalier. We (Thronebreakers) are at the point where we have multiple R3s across all classes, and most likely a diverse roster of 5 and 6* champions that can be used.

Beyond that, I do think that some of the class nodes we see are pretty stale - They've got two versions of them as far as I am aware, so the toss up each month is nice. However, it ends up being the same champions being top counters each month. Void and Mr. Fantastic for Science, Doom and Sorcerer Supreme for Mystic, Fury and Elsa for Skill, etc. I don't really feel as though there are unique challenges to each chapter that inspires any sort of critical thinking. The bosses, sure. The paths themselves, no so much. But I also don't think that this content is designed for that.

The hardest part of variants 5 & 6 was coughing up units for energy refills to get through it quickly. Bring the right team, and both can be done with minimal item usage and effort.

They've said that Variant content is no longer intended to target End-Game players. The rewards certainly reflect this.

Don’t even get me started on the act 6 nerf, particularly the champion. I’ll be here ranting for hours.

Book 2 I will give kabam credit for. It’s fresh, and makes summoners think much more about who to bring for each path. But, the difficulty really isn’t there.

I thought the balancing done in Act 6 was a good idea, honestly. Most of Act 6 felt like a slog. It was overly difficult content with jacked-up attack values that could cost you a load of items/units if you made one mistake. That's not fun at all. It reminded me a little bit of the Act 4 Juggernaut fight with Slashed Tires - and he wasn't even a final boss!

I think the part of Book 2 that really makes it shine is the fact that it's NOT too terribly difficult - provided you think about the paths and plan out how to counter them. It's much more fun (to me) to have to sit down and think about how the nodes are designed to interact with each other and then pull a number of counters from my roster to use on the path.

I would much rather have to use my brain to consider paths than just resign myself to using tons of revives and potions to work through ridiculous fights with massive attack values.

• Options
    Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    The new content releases were much too difficult
    Who bumped this old thread? This thread is no longer relevant and is misleading for current content. Please lock this mods.
  • Options
    @Jwallace25
    everyone was complaining how hard the game was, so I bumped what they were saying a year ago.

It may not be HOW they wanted it, but they got what they asked for.
  • Options
    GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Yes, new content lacks challenge, and I want more challenging content in the future
    Bruh I just come to check some random forums recruitment threads and everyone necroed my year old thread. But wow, I’m an absolute prophet if I predicted the current state of the game a full year ago