**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How many have noticed a gold shortage for ranking champs?

Comments

• Options
    No
    I have 18M gold so I have no issue. Besides you get a ton of gold from Uncollected Arena crystals. Not sure what the issue is with gold that other people seem to have.
  • Options
    Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    Yes
    ds2run1qw547.png
  • Options
    NatBornKillaNatBornKilla Posts: 68
    edited November 2017
    Yes
    BuckeyeKP wrote: »
    I have done nothing but continue to gain more gold which I can use for nothing. Do you run less arena? Arena crystals give mad gold as opposed to units. You leveling more than you used to?

I run arenas like a bat out of Hell. I have obtained many t4cc's lately, and have taken a lot of champs to 5/50. Once you get to the point where you begin maxing 4 star champs or lvl 4ing 5 star champs every week, you become broke as Hell, and it takes forever to recoup your gold due to alliance weekly donations.
  • Options
    SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    Yes
    Na, It's iso im short on. My venom is angry and hungry.
  • Options
    Yes
    SummonerB2 wrote: »
    Na, It's iso im short on. My venom is angry and hungry.

Just wait until you start to 5/50 4 stars, or level 4 5 stars every week to 2 weeks. When you reach that point, you will see my point, as well as the point of others. ISO gathering as well, is becoming more and more difficult to build up. So you are correct on that point, as am I in mine.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Gold isn’t more difficult to obtain. You are just spending it faster because maybe you are ranking up more 5* than you used to.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Yes
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Gold isn’t more difficult to obtain. You are just spending it faster because maybe you are ranking up more 5* than you used to.

Now I see why your bird is dead. Most alliances above 8mill require about 135k gold weekly. Take into consideration that once you get to this level it is easy to obtain 5 t4bc's in roughly a week to a week 1/2. I have heard run arenas, which I do constantly for BC's to obtain gold, but weekly donations for BC's is normally 30k. This means to play it safe you should roughly obtain 60k BC's per week, just to have 30k to play around with for either gold or units. This forces you to make this game become your 2nd home away from home. If you are ranking 1 champ per week to 2 weeks like me and others to 5/50, or a 5 star champ to level 3 or 4, you become broke. Most would agree that it takes forever to recoup your resources and still be capable of making weekly donations. A lot of people are getting kicked from alliance now because to be good-you have to rank up key champs, but when you do, you become dead broke and have to grind like a crackhead in the concrete jungle just to break even. I use to always maintain above 8 million in gold. Not anymore.
  • Options
    I’m in a 14 mil alliance and don’t grind arenas very often. I’m just very selective on who I rank up
  • Options
    I get 2 basics a week because I spend my glory on t2 alpha shards. I still rank up champs every week but I never have a problem with gold. I let t4cc expire constantly as well. I had 2 expire yesterday but I wasn’t wasting precious gold to rank up worthless champs
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    No
    I hang around 5+ million gold because I cant get any new champs/champs worth ranking. I wish they would allow us to purchase stuff with gold...like new champs. Lol
  • Options
    Champs and ranks are outpacing rewards. Been a long time since event rewards, fight rewards, etc have been updated to match where the game is now.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Yes
    I get 2 basics a week because I spend my glory on t2 alpha shards. I still rank up champs every week but I never have a problem with gold. I let t4cc expire constantly as well. I had 2 expire yesterday but I wasn’t wasting precious gold to rank up worthless champs

You have to admit though, I due carry a valid point brother. But, to each his own. Touche....que sera sera.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Yeah, I see it going both ways. I don’t waste my time in arenas just because I don’t have anyone I want to rank up. I would love more gold, but also being more selective helps. I used to have a lot of gold and now I just have enough to rank up that one champ when I get him or her
  • Options
    SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Yes
    Gold quest soon please. The grind is beyond painful now for every rank.
  • Options
    RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    No
    No, Im still sitting on 16.5 million, increasing 1 million week after week, after rank ups and donations. Though I kind grind to a decent level, that may give you an extra income
  • Options
    TempestTempest Posts: 295
    Yes
    Yeah, I see it going both ways. I don’t waste my time in arenas just because I don’t have anyone I want to rank up. I would love more gold, but also being more selective helps. I used to have a lot of gold and now I just have enough to rank up that one champ when I get him or her

You are blessed with not feeling any pain in letting your T4CCs expire. I do. I just can't let them expire without shedding a (non-literal) tear. I end up forcing myself to rank champs that I have less use for than others because of this. T4CC income isn't that great for me, I guess.
  • Options
    Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Yes
    Yeah. Gold is hard to keep now where I am at in the game. I grind arena and I'm uncollected so there needs to be a gold realm soon.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @Tempest I just got a 4* Angela so she’s the only champ I would use cosmic t4cc on. Those and science I always let expire since they are what I get out of crystals 80% of time. Not worth my gold to rank up useless champs I won’t use to save t4cc
  • Options
    Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    No
    @NatBornKilla how much arena do you grind? My gold just keeps going up. I wish I could sell all these useless gold crystals back for 1/2 off 10 units each
    6kdzijg7h2sz.png
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    No
    Tempest wrote: »

You are blessed with not feeling any pain in letting your T4CCs expire. I do. I just can't let them expire without shedding a (non-literal) tear. I end up forcing myself to rank champs that I have less use for than others because of this. T4CC income isn't that great for me, I guess.

I ranked a bunch of champs for expiring t4cc but it isn't worth the basics and alphas anymore so now I let them expire unless I have someone I want to rank. Ironically I have several I'd like to rank right now and can't due to lack of basics and alphas so may have to let some expire whether I want to or not. Gold hasn't been an issue since the first gold realm though.
  • Options
    Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    No
    That's a show off. Post. Great I'm glad your rich. Your also a d!(€ to the rest of us complaining. Have fun with all that gold that you ca t use.

As for us mere normal people there is a gold shortage

I put in the work. Almost 300k Pvp. So I guess you just want stuff handed to you. @Spicyslicer
    Good luck to you
  • Options
    That's a show off. Post. Great I'm glad your rich. Your also a d!(€ to the rest of us complaining. Have fun with all that gold that you ca t use.

As for us mere normal people there is a gold shortage

You cannot complain about people demonstrating they don't have a gold shortage in a thread asking people if they have a gold shortage. Or rather, you can complain, but its poor form to do so.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    No
    I'm not an end-game player, but a progressing players, therefore I'm still at the stage of having the luxury to maintain 6-8M gold consistently. I believe in another 6-12 months' time, I'll start facing the same problem with gold shortage that is currently haunting many of the advanced end-game players. As such I'll always try to save up as much gold as possible to prepare for the future need.
  • Options
    So a guy proving he doesn’t have a gold shortage because he grinds a lot makes it a brag post? That didn’t make sense. He proves that there is gold out there for anyone willing to put in time and effort
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    There is no gold shortage, it is readily obtained and farmable. If you are short on gold you need to be playing the arenas.
  • Options
    I don’t play arenas too much but that’s why I don’t complain about gold. Anytime I hit all the milestones in an arena I have plenty of it
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    No
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    There is no gold shortage, it is readily obtained and farmable. If you are short on gold you need to be playing the arenas.

This is exactly true, majority of my gold comes from Arena grinding, despite lots of time & effort required. Hopefully I have the time & energy to continue the grinding towards 2018, and able to save up from 7M to at least 15M and keep the gold around so I won't need to compromise my ability to upgrade and won't waste my ISO/crystal due to gold shortage
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    No
    Indrick781 wrote: »
    No. Gold is ridiculously easy to get. I just opened 5 uncollected arena crystals and got 130k gold and a 4* Punisher. That took me under an hour in arena to get. I'm constantly between 8-11 million gold. It's pretty easy to get.

@Indrick781 don't think you got 50k battlechips in under an hour. But I agree with your point.