**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

You messed up season rewards rankings

Comments

• Options
    GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    I wouldn’t mind Kabam resending the correct rewards at this point. Don’t see how else you can correct this.
  • Options
    Whelp...I fold
  • Options
    VikInkVikInk Posts: 2
    Same here, we dropped a level for counting the 10th AW
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,372 ★★★★★

The big question now is how do kabam make it right? Some people have got wrong rewards, some have got right rewards. Some have dropped tiers and some have gone up tiers.

Its not possible to take rewards back, but if you give rewards to only the people who dropped tiers after war 10 then they get essentially double rewards, and then those who stayed the same are screwed over because they won’t get as many rewards.

This is an absolute clanger from Kabam, I can definitely appreciate things will be hectic, but please, keep us in the loop here. Tell us what’s going on and how this has happened, and then how you’re going to fix it. I can’t see a fair option other than give all 2 sets of rewards, but give those who dropped a tier in war 10 the rewards from the tier up. But I just don’t know how realistic that is.

On the other hand, things aren’t great in the game at the moment, you can tell by the toxicity bubbling over in the forum, Kabam could really do with a win in the PR department. I’d personally go with the aforementioned fix of giving people extra rewards. It doesn’t screw anyone over, it’s the fairest method I can see, and after this pretty hefty mistake, I don’t think it’s entirely unnecessary.

It's hard to say. Granted, there's no denying that this is quite a compounded mistake. I have faith they'll respond fairly. Whatever they choose to do.
  • Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Grub said:

I wouldn’t mind Kabam resending the correct rewards at this point. Don’t see how else you can correct this.

i second the notion
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    first world problems
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,262 ★★★★★

The big question now is how do kabam make it right? Some people have got wrong rewards, some have got right rewards. Some have dropped tiers and some have gone up tiers.

Its not possible to take rewards back, but if you give rewards to only the people who dropped tiers after war 10 then they get essentially double rewards, and then those who stayed the same are screwed over because they won’t get as many rewards.

This is an absolute clanger from Kabam, I can definitely appreciate things will be hectic, but please, keep us in the loop here. Tell us what’s going on and how this has happened, and then how you’re going to fix it. I can’t see a fair option other than give all 2 sets of rewards, but give those who dropped a tier in war 10 the rewards from the tier up. But I just don’t know how realistic that is.

On the other hand, things aren’t great in the game at the moment, you can tell by the toxicity bubbling over in the forum, Kabam could really do with a win in the PR department. I’d personally go with the aforementioned fix of giving people extra rewards. It doesn’t screw anyone over, it’s the fairest method I can see, and after this pretty hefty mistake, I don’t think it’s entirely unnecessary.

It's hard to say. Granted, there's no denying that this is quite a compounded mistake. I have faith they'll respond fairly. Whatever they choose to do.
    I hope so, but I can’t help feeling that their compensation may be papering over the cracks. I just hope it doesn’t cause any unfairness, and therefore more issues. We will see.
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,057 ★★★
    They’re gonna have to rerank then resend. Everyone can chill. :)
  • Options

I hope so, but I can’t help feeling that their compensation may be papering over the cracks. I just hope it doesn’t cause any unfairness, and therefore more issues. We will see.
    Some alliances already gained more than others. It’s done. Can’t really take away rewards.

All they can do is make people whole, and that’s likely going to require resending correct AW rewards.

It’s the best solution Imo and quite frankly would serve as solid compensation for this whole mess.
  • Options
    The other question to take into account, is can they even calculate the correct points at this junction? It may not even be a possibility.
  • Options

First of all, Kabam needs to double check the war adjustment scripts to find out exactly what went wrong. Right now everyone is talking about rewards because that's obvious, but if something went wrong with the adjustments, I would want to triple check to make sure that other things like rating were probably back calculated. Otherwise this would affect future multiplier.

Second, in terms of correcting the situation the logical thing to do is to fix the season calculations and then hand out compensation to everyone who moved downward the difference between what they got and what they didn't get. You would basically make a masters to P1 compensation package, a P1 to P2 packages, and so on, and anyone who fell from A to B gets that package. That would make them whole.

The question is should anyone get anything beyond that? To be honest, while I am rarely asking for compensation of any kind, I think you're correct that this time, even though no alliance that didn't get bumped was objectively harmed in any way, if it was my call I would probably grant blanket compensation for the headache for this one. The optics and situation here are uniquely icky that I would want to try to smooth them over.

I'm not saying Kabam has to do that or that we deserve that or anything like that. I'm simply saying if it was my call to make, that's the call I would make. I actually think compensation happens too frequently in general, because it dilutes the value of the option. But this is where I would spend it.
  • Options
    Grub said:

Some alliances already gained more than others. It’s done. Can’t really take away rewards.

All they can do is make people whole, and that’s likely going to require resending correct AW rewards.

It’s the best solution Imo and quite frankly would serve as solid compensation for this whole mess.
    I agree with you that it’s the best solution. I do think it’s going to head more in the direction of a compensation package. But hopefully it’s a pretty damn sizeable one.
  • Options
    RotcéRotcé Posts: 9
    Is amazing how bad Kabam is. All the wait and they don’t even count it right. Before and after the war “won’t count”

• Options
    We were at plat 4 rank 30! Before the 10th war started. And we lost it without an effort coz offcourse you guys told us it doesn't count but it did. We are now to be found in gold 1 rank 32. How does this make sense. I feel like punching you idiots for making us wait so much and delivering ****.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,728 ★★★★★

This would be a good look. I cannot see how it would be fair to give some alliances double the AW rewards (a correct batch + an incorrect batch) while others get one season’s worth of rewards, regardless of whether they were correct.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    We were at plat 4 rank 30! Before the 10th war started. And we lost it without an effort coz offcourse you guys told us it doesn't count but it did. We are now to be found in gold 1 rank 32. How does this make sense. I feel like punching you idiots for making us wait so much and delivering ****.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Second, in terms of correcting the situation the logical thing to do is to fix the season calculations and then hand out compensation to everyone who moved downward the difference between what they got and what they didn't get. You would basically make a masters to P1 compensation package, a P1 to P2 packages, and so on, and anyone who fell from A to B gets that package. That would make them whole.

The question is should anyone get anything beyond that? To be honest, while I am rarely asking for compensation of any kind, I think you're correct that this time, even though no alliance that didn't get bumped was objectively harmed in any way, if it was my call I would probably grant blanket compensation for the headache for this one. The optics and situation here are uniquely icky that I would want to try to smooth them over.
    Echoing my thoughts exactly here. In an ideal world, compensating only those affected would fix an issue. But by compensating those affected, you ignore and put others at a disadvantage. That’s why I agree on a blanket hand out.
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★

Grub said:

I agree with you that it’s the best solution. I do think it’s going to head more in the direction of a compensation package. But hopefully it’s a pretty damn sizeable one.
    I doubt it'll have the r4 mats that they robbed from my ally.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,728 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Echoing my thoughts exactly here. In an ideal world, compensating only those affected would fix an issue. But by compensating those affected, you ignore and put others at a disadvantage. That’s why I agree on a blanket hand out.
    We’ve often been told in the past that it is too difficult to do that kind of thing. What new technology does the team have now that enables them to target reward errors so precisely (and if they possess programs sophisticated enough to do that, how were the errors made in the first place?)?

I would assume it’s not feasible to strip rewards from alliances that were ranked too high. So why should an alliance improperly ranked too low get *just* what they missed out on, especially if they finished ahead of an alliance improperly ranked too high?

It’s a cluster.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,192 ★★★★★
    War rating didn't get adjusted at all. We are still at 2095 before and after.
  • Options
    Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Wow. This is out of control. How can a company be this blind? It didn't even affect me but I'm so sad for others that got screwed over. Worst company ever.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

They still haven't send glory for the aq mishap last week have they
  • Options
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

We’ve often been told in the past that it is too difficult to do that kind of thing. What new technology does the team have now that enables them to target reward errors so precisely (and if they possess programs sophisticated enough to do that, how were the errors made in the first place?)?

I would assume it’s not feasible to strip rewards from alliances that were ranked too high. So why should an alliance improperly ranked too low get *just* what they missed out on, especially if they finished ahead of an alliance improperly ranked too high?

It’s a cluster.

Dr. Zola
    I don’t know if they have that technology available, I was speaking more hypothetically. As in, if there is an issue then the best way to solve it would be compensate those affected, but in this situation, doing so would put others at a greater disadvantage therefore making it unfair to just compensate those affected.

Even if it were feasible to strip rewards, if I were kabam I wouldn’t go near that with a 10 foot barge pole. That wouldn’t help anything.

I’m tentatively waiting on what this fix will be, I really hope Kabam get it right.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

It’s a cluster.

Dr. Zola
    You can't achieve perfection in situations like this. Sometimes some players get more, on a relative basis than they would have otherwise. That is a kind of unfair advantage, but it is one that cannot be erased with precision. Giving everyone some bonus rewards does not in any way erase that advantage, it just makes people feel less bad about it (or makes them forget about it completely). Not a perfect solution, but these are the options in front of us. Sometimes we just don't have enough fish to go around.
  • Options
    milomikemilomike Posts: 92
    edited December 2021

Kabam, I was platinum 2 rank 50 before the war that broke and ended the season. You currently show my alliance ranked platinum 3 rank 92. What in actual eff have you done? My rewards are not what they should be. Not even close.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,372 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

It’s a cluster.

Dr. Zola
    You can't achieve perfection in situations like this. Sometimes some players get more, on a relative basis than they would have otherwise. That is a kind of unfair advantage, but it is one that cannot be erased with precision. Giving everyone some bonus rewards does not in any way erase that advantage, it just makes people feel less bad about it (or makes them forget about it completely). Not a perfect solution, but these are the options in front of us. Sometimes we just don't have enough fish to go around.
    I would have to agree in this case. Rarely do I speak in terms of Compensation, simply because expectations are seldom satiated, but in this case it COULD be reparation and remuneration all in one. What they decide to do is another story.
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    They could have just screen shot the leaderboard during the war that didn’t count…
This discussion has been closed.