**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Trade in Store [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,019 ★★★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

Wozzle007 said:

Considering you could only get one 6* awakening gem it really feels like a trash move. Due to RNG I can’t take advantage of this. Honestly makes you feel deflated.

How has RNG played into this?
    Trading my 4* awakening gems into 5* and not getting the right 5* to trade in for a generic.
    So you have every piece of content done that has AGs in them? Never used a single one?

It's not RNG. You just didn't have enough.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 791 ★★★
    My hoarding tendencies work in my favor this time. 6* AGs are pretty rare and I've been itching to awaken Guardian, so hopefully I get tech. Plus I can finally do something useful with the 5 skill AGs I'm sitting on.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Had 5x of the generic 5-stars already, so got the 6-star gem crystal kinda as free.

Then did some other trades since I had some 4-star gem crystals so that I could get another 5-star generic AG.

I'm still considering trading any of my 6-star class AG for another shot at another class, but might be too risky
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Honestly, the top end of this was for the top end of players. Who seem satisfied with their options to clear out useless gems. The store worked fine for me to clear out items that I don’t use often, or were in overflow. This is a perspective issue, not a math issue.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

For the first time in awakening gem openings..... It gave 5 different class.

Big F

Exactly the same happened to me. All of those classes as well apart from Tech
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    This could have been very good if it wasn’t targeted at a specific group of players and oh yeah we could actually have stock piles of items. But we can’t because of diminishing returns we’re we are forced to use or sell on a very regular basis. It’s whatever. I’m really not shocked anymore at this point. Personally I wish I could trade in a bugged out game for a version that actually works.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Meh. It is what it is. Disappointed I don't have enough Gen Gems but that's the way she goes. Happy for those that do.
  • Steam97Steam97 Posts: 110 ★★
    I dont know what you were expecting. They dont give away 6 star gems for free while they are still so rare. The only thing they missed is the chance to reroll 5 star gems which could have helped many. Personally it has been a free 6 star gem for me but that deal is intended to endgame players, not mid tier players.
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Can someone confirm ? If I do this trade I would simply get an awakening gem which can turn out to be anything is that right ?
  • Steam97Steam97 Posts: 110 ★★
    edited December 2021
    JessieS said:

Can someone confirm ? If I do this trade I would simply get an awakening gem which can turn out to be anything is that right ?

yes
  • Problem215Problem215 Posts: 7

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,019 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

Yeah trade in store is rubbish. Could Kabam at least treat us like they are thankful to have us? 5 generic for 1 6* random. How about 1 generic and 3 for a random. Not surprised. They don't play their own game. Not a lot of people have 5* gems just laying around so most can't even trade anything in. Tone def for sure.

I wouldn't be thankful for most of this community.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Gonna be funny when the Christmas gift is a 5* generic and the trade in store is gone.

Kind of daft design to make it 3-1 conversion for 5* gems but not offer rerolls with how messy RNG can be
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,751 ★★★★★
    Steam97 said:

I dont know what you were expecting. They dont give away 6 star gems for free while they are still so rare. The only thing they missed is the chance to reroll 5 star gems which could have helped many. Personally it has been a free 6 star gem for me but that deal is intended to endgame players, not mid tier players.

It's not really a progression issue, it's down to whether or not you've hoarded your awakening gems or not. I had way more 5* AGs saved up back when I was Cavalier and they actually meant something as opposed to now that I'm Thronebreaker and I use them a lot more freely since I mainly focus on 6*s anyway.
  • Ultron_123Ultron_123 Posts: 13
    Is there anyway in the next week for those of us one 5 star gem short to get a generic one? I used all my AGs for 3 & 4 stars to take a shot at opening a class 5* and after three tries still am one shy to get it. Such a bummer to be this close and miss out due to bad Crystal spinning
  • Jaymix79Jaymix79 Posts: 233 ★★★

Is there anyway in the next week for those of us one 5 star gem short to get a generic one? I used all my AGs for 3 & 4 stars to take a shot at opening a class 5* and after three tries still am one shy to get it. Such a bummer to be this close and miss out due to bad Crystal spinning

That is plenty of us.

• Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    I for one loved the gem trade in. I had 6 SIX 5*science gems and no champs to use it on. I mean no champs like all mine are awakened. I also had 4 generics I was sitting on since I didn’t have anyone to use them on worth it. Saved for new champs. This worked out for me. Traded for a 6*, got mystic. Duped my r3 doom.

Thanks kabamm.
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Traded my six star mutant awakening gem and got a mystic one so now I awakened my Doom :) I know it’s not necessary but I am still happy to see him awakened
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    The only worth it trade I feel was the gold crystals for UC crystals