**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

You guys trading your 5 generics for 6* AG ??

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
After opening tons of crystals. I finally have 5 generics which I haven't traded yet but might do so if i pull the champ i am looking for . What about you guys ?

I wish this was for 3 generics and not 5 . 3 generics sounds fair . They say don't hoard , but they rewarded people who hoarded . Unfair tactics.

You guys trading your 5 generics for 6* AG ?? 252 votes

Yes i traded
44%
AegonTCrys23FrnkielodanielmathBashlordLeNoirFaineantMr_PlatypusSatsuiNoHadouMagicBentonWorld EaterRaganatorxNigHort4SighsohardTreobuffajrCristalmanzuffyTensioAzKicker316 111 votes
Not worth it
24%
SnakeEyes69GrandOldKaiVceethe_eradicatorCaptain_007_heruheru511QSharpN7Mets17Foxhero007DeliEthans8279KaraKartalOleySw0rdMasterrockykostonNoOnexROKcAm03ReferenceAdvAnnatarrdxevil 61 votes
Still trying
31%
BigPoppaCBONELightburn22DrenlinChovnerGK_2318sae56thanks4playingChitlinsVuDahSylarKanameFredhorst23BenjaminboutonDragonMCOCMahvelThunderstruck77AanthoSandeepSEssyPeQuatrom3t4syl20Thefire13 80 votes

Comments

• Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,148 ★★★★★
    Yes i traded
    6* AG don't come often and not easy to get so definitely trade in if you can. I traded in the 5 generic in my main and alt account.
  • Options
    SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    Yes i traded
    Made the trade, rerolled 3x and got a mystic one. Happy with the way it works, going to awaken Diablo.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    If I had some I would but I use all my gems when I get them because kabam says they don’t want us hoarding but as I’m seeing that’s exactly what they want us to do they want us to hoard.
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 401 ★★★
    Yes i traded
    i had 10 generics and a ton of class gems, i would have done it 4 times if there wasnt a purchase limit
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Easy yes because I used my excess 4-star gems to replace my 5-star gems. I had 7 skill gems when this started.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Traded 5* generics and a science one (so glad I didn’t use it on iBom) and got mutant for AA and cosmic for either corvus or herc, if i decide to keep pursuing his featured
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Yes i traded
    100% worth it and I feel those upset about this deal don't understand how rare 6* ag are or don't understand you don't need all 5 ag on hand at store drop, just navigate trading to work ur way to the 5 needed.
  • Options
    MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Yes i traded
    Didn't even hesitate. I have at least one class gem for each color and hardly rank up 5*s now anyway.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Yes i traded
    DNA3000 said:

Rohit_316 said:

They say don't hoard , but they rewarded people who hoarded . Unfair tactics.

I wish people would stop saying this, because it is blatantly untrue. But it is clear to me this is rapidly becoming the next false meme, right up there with Kabam patenting crystal manipulation.
    Keeping and item that saves in stacks of 5 in this game is not really hoarding either 🤣
  • Options
    Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Yes i traded
    Coppin said:

DNA3000 said:

Rohit_316 said:

I wish people would stop saying this, because it is blatantly untrue. But it is clear to me this is rapidly becoming the next false meme, right up there with Kabam patenting crystal manipulation.
    Keeping and item that saves in stacks of 5 in this game is not really hoarding either 🤣
    It doesn't stack up to 5
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Yes i traded

Coppin said:

DNA3000 said:

Rohit_316 said:

It doesn't stack up to 5
    U r right, 3 and 4* do 5 doesn't i stand corrected...
    Then again if they had more than 5 of each this event wouldnt be an issue
  • Options
    IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    If I could have, I would have
  • Options
    Coppin said:

DNA3000 said:

Rohit_316 said:

5* AGs don't have an inventory cap, but that's neither here nor there. When a game developer talks about hoarding, they are generally talking about something specific: the psychological tendency in many games for players to hold onto items based on their perceived value to their own detriment. The idea goes that a resource has some utility value depending on the circumstance where it is used. That generic AG might do you a lot of good if you use it on Hyperion, but if you hold it and then pull Fury, it might help you even more.

This potential future value can cause players to suffer paralysis: they refuse to use items today because they *might* be even more useful tomorrow, and as a result they hurt their own game progress. People don't rank up a champion today because they want to hold those resources in case they pull an even better champion tomorrow. And as a result, they suffer all of the losses due to not having that first champion ranked up and playable. Humans have difficulty tracking such opportunity costs, but an easy time remembering every time they used something and then had a better opportunity come along. So their brains reinforce the penalty for using without acknowledging the benefits of using, and this creates the irrational impulse to hoard everything.

Hoarding is not the same thing as using resources efficiently. The gamer that uses resources when they will do a lot of good, and then ends up with a lot of unused resources they saved is not hoarding in the context of this problem. But from the outside, there's no obvious way to know if a player is hoarding or just being efficient. You'd have to have watched them play the game for a long period of time to know if they are irrationally passing up opportunities to their own detriment.

The problem is that when players are rewarded for playing efficiently, from the outside it can look like they are being rewarded for hoarding, when that's not the case. But that is part of the hoarding sickness: to see efficiency as hoarding.

This kind of hoarding and this kind of mindset is something Kabam wants to discourage, because all game operators want to discourage this. This is so common of a problem it is an entire field of study in game design theory.
  • Options
    ChriissRChriissR Posts: 651 ★★★★
    Yes i traded
    Absolutely worth it IMO. For me, 5* gems are super worthless and I haven't touched 5* champs in over a year. Everyone's situation is different tho
  • Options
    JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    Still trying
    I only have 4 generic, I have traded all my 3 and 4, class and generic, but It was not enough.

• Options
    Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    I spend my ag for item use, shame on me I guess.
  • Options
    SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    Yes i traded
    DNA3000 said:

Rohit_316 said:

Except. You’re wrong.
  • Options
    SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    Yes i traded
    DNA3000 said:

Coppin said:

DNA3000 said:

Rohit_316 said:

5* AGs don't have an inventory cap, but that's neither here nor there. When a game developer talks about hoarding, they are generally talking about something specific: the psychological tendency in many games for players to hold onto items based on their perceived value to their own detriment. The idea goes that a resource has some utility value depending on the circumstance where it is used. That generic AG might do you a lot of good if you use it on Hyperion, but if you hold it and then pull Fury, it might help you even more.

This potential future value can cause players to suffer paralysis: they refuse to use items today because they *might* be even more useful tomorrow, and as a result they hurt their own game progress. People don't rank up a champion today because they want to hold those resources in case they pull an even better champion tomorrow. And as a result, they suffer all of the losses due to not having that first champion ranked up and playable. Humans have difficulty tracking such opportunity costs, but an easy time remembering every time they used something and then had a better opportunity come along. So their brains reinforce the penalty for using without acknowledging the benefits of using, and this creates the irrational impulse to hoard everything.

Hoarding is not the same thing as using resources efficiently. The gamer that uses resources when they will do a lot of good, and then ends up with a lot of unused resources they saved is not hoarding in the context of this problem. But from the outside, there's no obvious way to know if a player is hoarding or just being efficient. You'd have to have watched them play the game for a long period of time to know if they are irrationally passing up opportunities to their own detriment.

The problem is that when players are rewarded for playing efficiently, from the outside it can look like they are being rewarded for hoarding, when that's not the case. But that is part of the hoarding sickness: to see efficiency as hoarding.

This kind of hoarding and this kind of mindset is something Kabam wants to discourage, because all game operators want to discourage this. This is so common of a problem it is an entire field of study in game design theory.
    5* AGs don’t have an inventory cap? Why have I awakened 4 5* mystics with expiring AGs then? They may have removed the cap recently. But not too far in the past there was a cap. Maybe you didn’t know that. But it wasn’t long ago
  • Options
    AATT said:

I did it and I’m the happiest guy in this thread:

I am waiting to open a featured in 3 days , only if i pull him , i will go for the trade . Congrats man!!
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Not worth it
    It depends a lot on your roster. If you don't need it immediately then I wouldn't. If you have someone whom you can immediately use it on then sure.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Yes i traded
    I traded the 5 generics without a second thought. I had 3 and over 3 cosmic gems so there was four. I would've had 3 mutant gems but I awakened 5* Wolverine and Plat pool. Had 2 tech gems though and pulled a third tech on my first try. If you have the 5 generics it's definitely worth it
  • Options
    Yes i traded

instead of this being 1 week and pissing people off... maybe they should let us "trade up" 5 for 1 all the time? IE 5 2* for one 3*... 5 3* for one 4*.... 5 4* for one 5*... etc etc

If it isn't worth it, why would it be worth it if you could always do it?
  • Options
    Yes i traded

It depends a lot on your roster. If you don't need it immediately then I wouldn't. If you have someone whom you can immediately use it on then sure.

Anyone can trade for a 6* gem and doesn't because they don't need it immediately will wish they did at some point. I can't imagine many people are in the position of finding 5* gems to be very valuable and are able to trade 5 generics.
  • Options

instead of this being 1 week and pissing people off... maybe they should let us "trade up" 5 for 1 all the time? IE 5 2* for one 3*... 5 3* for one 4*.... 5 4* for one 5*... etc etc

How will this be worth it for you even if they do this permanently since you are already not liking it ?