**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

You guys trading your 5 generics for 6* AG ??

2ยป

Comments

• Options
    MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,068 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Yes i traded
    I got 5* awakening gems for every class aside from Mystic now due to 1 trade in. And it managed to finally awaken my Nick Fury. I fully stand behind my choice.
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Yes i traded
    Coppin said:

DNA3000 said:

Rohit_316 said:

They say don't hoard , but they rewarded people who hoarded . Unfair tactics.

I wish people would stop saying this, because it is blatantly untrue. But it is clear to me this is rapidly becoming the next false meme, right up there with Kabam patenting crystal manipulation.
    Keeping and item that saves in stacks of 5 in this game is not really hoarding either ๐Ÿคฃ
    I think the biggest issue with the statement is the inference that their decision was somehow influenced by anything Kabam says about hoarding - good or bad. People used the AG because they wanted to, not because they thought they were somehow complying with Kabam's desire for people not to hoard.

One possible solution is to just double or triple the trade-in cap for converting 4* generics to 5* awakening crystals. This would mitigate the RNG issues. Having a stack of class AGs to open would probably open the door to most being able to acquire it. I don't think having a ton of 5* class AGs floating around will change the economy much either. Leave the 6* trade-in capped at 1.
  • Options
    TruthseekerTruthseeker Posts: 333 โ˜…โ˜…
    Still trying
    Corkscrew said:

Coppin said:

DNA3000 said:

Rohit_316 said:

I wish people would stop saying this, because it is blatantly untrue. But it is clear to me this is rapidly becoming the next false meme, right up there with Kabam patenting crystal manipulation.
    Keeping and item that saves in stacks of 5 in this game is not really hoarding either ๐Ÿคฃ
    I think the biggest issue with the statement is the inference that their decision was somehow influenced by anything Kabam says about hoarding - good or bad. People used the AG because they wanted to, not because they thought they were somehow complying with Kabam's desire for people not to hoard.

One possible solution is to just double or triple the trade-in cap for converting 4* generics to 5* awakening crystals. This would mitigate the RNG issues. Having a stack of class AGs to open would probably open the door to most being able to acquire it. I don't think having a ton of 5* class AGs floating around will change the economy much either. Leave the 6* trade-in capped at 1.
    Yes yes. to trade 3 awakenings for 1 generic wich in total means 15!!!!!! 5* awakenings traded for 1 6* means people who do it DONT GIVE A DAMN about 5,* awakenings me included. I have enough gems to qualify for trade. Let me change those DAMN COLOOOOOURS so i can get rid of all of my awakenings AS KABAM INTENDED IT TO BE....

It WILL NOT hurt ANYONE who already exchanged ...
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Still trying
    I traded up everything I had.
    Ended up with 0 5* generics but 1-2 of every 5* class. RNG isn't on my side. Didn't know why I thought I had a chance.
  • Options
    Damn straight. I had no need for me ~15 5* gems and happily awakened my )
    6* NF who is now also R3.
  • Options
    FloorKillerFloorKiller Posts: 148 โ˜…โ˜…
    Yes i traded
    I've got 6* mystic. Doom 6* unawakened was waiting at R3. Very happy!!!
  • Options
    Wrath_of_KagWrath_of_Kag Posts: 4 โ˜…
    Yes i traded
    No hesitation. Trade.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,251 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Yes i traded
    Definitely traded. Still have at least 2 5* AGs of every single class.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,689 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    I'm a low tier scrub and I would do it without hesitation. Everyone I want awakened as 5* is already done.

Except I dont have enough gems, because scrub (stuck on 3 generics after trades)
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Yes i traded
    Of course, the 5* generic gems have just been gathering dust for a while now where as the 6* AG is one of the most valuable items in the game IMO.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,760 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Still trying
    DNA3000 said:

Coppin said:

DNA3000 said:

Rohit_316 said:

5* AGs don't have an inventory cap, but that's neither here nor there. When a game developer talks about hoarding, they are generally talking about something specific: the psychological tendency in many games for players to hold onto items based on their perceived value to their own detriment. The idea goes that a resource has some utility value depending on the circumstance where it is used. That generic AG might do you a lot of good if you use it on Hyperion, but if you hold it and then pull Fury, it might help you even more.

This potential future value can cause players to suffer paralysis: they refuse to use items today because they *might* be even more useful tomorrow, and as a result they hurt their own game progress. People don't rank up a champion today because they want to hold those resources in case they pull an even better champion tomorrow. And as a result, they suffer all of the losses due to not having that first champion ranked up and playable. Humans have difficulty tracking such opportunity costs, but an easy time remembering every time they used something and then had a better opportunity come along. So their brains reinforce the penalty for using without acknowledging the benefits of using, and this creates the irrational impulse to hoard everything.

Hoarding is not the same thing as using resources efficiently. The gamer that uses resources when they will do a lot of good, and then ends up with a lot of unused resources they saved is not hoarding in the context of this problem. But from the outside, there's no obvious way to know if a player is hoarding or just being efficient. You'd have to have watched them play the game for a long period of time to know if they are irrationally passing up opportunities to their own detriment.

The problem is that when players are rewarded for playing efficiently, from the outside it can look like they are being rewarded for hoarding, when that's not the case. But that is part of the hoarding sickness: to see efficiency as hoarding.

This kind of hoarding and this kind of mindset is something Kabam wants to discourage, because all game operators want to discourage this. This is so common of a problem it is an entire field of study in game design theory.
    I agree with a lot of what you said, but I think the problem is that 5* generic AGs are so incredibly rare that having five of those is not really feasible without having saved them to your own detriment. If I remember my usage correctly, I've only ever had four. Not at one time but a total of four gems spread out over time between when I explored Act 5 years ago and now. No matter if I "hoarded" them or not, I would not have been able to trade them in.

You can trade a bunch of class-based 5* AGs for a generic, but once again, you'd have to have a lot of them saved up. They are obviously more common than the generics but I have a feeling that those who had easy access to three gems in one class are people who have had a rather unfortunate RNG luck with them and had them pile up in one or two classes rather than spread out over all six. Having had pretty good luck with my RNG previously - at least in terms of how I defined it at the time - mine were spread out pretty evenly among the classes (albeit in low quantities). I've used a couple that I've regretted slightly, but looking through my remaining stock, saving them wouldn't have made a difference one way or another when it comes to this event. The classes where a single saved gem would have made the difference are those where I am the most satisfied with my usage (a mystic one for Tigra, a cosmic one for Hyperion, a skill one for Nick Fury).

On top of this, you had five chances to pull the 5* class AGs you needed, but that's RNG again. There's nothing stopping you from having bad pulls that don't help you whatsoever.

All in all, my point is that the requirement makes it hard to have made "good usage" of both generic and class-based AGs in the past while simultaneously cashing them in now. There are just not enough of them in the game to comfortably both have used them as they were meant to be used (without being frivolous about it) and have enough of them left in your inventory for this trade-in.
  • Options
    Aegon87Aegon87 Posts: 45 โ˜…
    Still trying
    i have 4 5* ag :( i need one more
  • Options
    Still trying
    Ercarret said:

DNA3000 said:

Coppin said:

DNA3000 said:

Rohit_316 said:

5* AGs don't have an inventory cap, but that's neither here nor there. When a game developer talks about hoarding, they are generally talking about something specific: the psychological tendency in many games for players to hold onto items based on their perceived value to their own detriment. The idea goes that a resource has some utility value depending on the circumstance where it is used. That generic AG might do you a lot of good if you use it on Hyperion, but if you hold it and then pull Fury, it might help you even more.

This potential future value can cause players to suffer paralysis: they refuse to use items today because they *might* be even more useful tomorrow, and as a result they hurt their own game progress. People don't rank up a champion today because they want to hold those resources in case they pull an even better champion tomorrow. And as a result, they suffer all of the losses due to not having that first champion ranked up and playable. Humans have difficulty tracking such opportunity costs, but an easy time remembering every time they used something and then had a better opportunity come along. So their brains reinforce the penalty for using without acknowledging the benefits of using, and this creates the irrational impulse to hoard everything.

Hoarding is not the same thing as using resources efficiently. The gamer that uses resources when they will do a lot of good, and then ends up with a lot of unused resources they saved is not hoarding in the context of this problem. But from the outside, there's no obvious way to know if a player is hoarding or just being efficient. You'd have to have watched them play the game for a long period of time to know if they are irrationally passing up opportunities to their own detriment.

The problem is that when players are rewarded for playing efficiently, from the outside it can look like they are being rewarded for hoarding, when that's not the case. But that is part of the hoarding sickness: to see efficiency as hoarding.

This kind of hoarding and this kind of mindset is something Kabam wants to discourage, because all game operators want to discourage this. This is so common of a problem it is an entire field of study in game design theory.
    I agree with a lot of what you said, but I think the problem is that 5* generic AGs are so incredibly rare that having five of those is not really feasible without having saved them to your own detriment. If I remember my usage correctly, I've only ever had four. Not at one time but a total of four gems spread out over time between when I explored Act 5 years ago and now. No matter if I "hoarded" them or not, I would not have been able to trade them in.

You can trade a bunch of class-based 5* AGs for a generic, but once again, you'd have to have a lot of them saved up. They are obviously more common than the generics but I have a feeling that those who had easy access to three gems in one class are people who have had a rather unfortunate RNG luck with them and had them pile up in one or two classes rather than spread out over all six. Having had pretty good luck with my RNG previously - at least in terms of how I defined it at the time - mine were spread out pretty evenly among the classes (albeit in low quantities). I've used a couple that I've regretted slightly, but looking through my remaining stock, saving them wouldn't have made a difference one way or another when it comes to this event. The classes where a single saved gem would have made the difference are those where I am the most satisfied with my usage (a mystic one for Tigra, a cosmic one for Hyperion, a skill one for Nick Fury).

On top of this, you had five chances to pull the 5* class AGs you needed, but that's RNG again. There's nothing stopping you from having bad pulls that don't help you whatsoever.

All in all, my point is that the requirement makes it hard to have made "good usage" of both generic and class-based AGs in the past while simultaneously cashing them in now. There are just not enough of them in the game to comfortably both have used them as they were meant to be used (without being frivolous about it) and have enough of them left in your inventory for this trade-in.
    VERY GOOD points maid. Also when you have 3+ gems of same colour (meaning you angry cause you had what was CONSIDERED a bad rng) you become little bitter and careless and just slap them on some rank 2 champ since you see theres NO OTHER CHAMPS left that would benefit from awakening. Definetly not 3+ champs. The qualification for the event should be TOTAL NUMBER OF GEMS ACROSS THE BOARD wich realisticly would benefit alot of people. But having 2-3 generics ready before event while simultaniously having an incredible luck to pull needed classes from exchanged 5* crystals is too much to ask from any player. I have enough gems in total. Just not the right COLOURS wich is much more painful than having so little amount that you wouldnt have a chance even if you were gifted extra generic. I could already smell my first 6* awaken gem on the account even tho i completed ALL THE CONTENT except abyss obviously. But the smell faded away as soon as i was done exchanging and left with rainbow of gems.
  • Options
    Still trying
    Aegon87 said:

i have 4 5* ag :( i need one more

And i assume you have total of 3 gems of different colours right?
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Yes i traded
    Got an awakening for my 6* nick from it
  • Options
    EssyPeQuatroEssyPeQuatro Posts: 8 โ˜…
    Still trying
    it's really frustrating that you have 4 generic 5-star gems, and not be able to switch to the 6-star gem.
    I made all the possible exchanges in the store and I couldn't form the fifth gem needed to make the purchase.
    I find myself today with several gems of all classes, but none with three alike to exchange for the last generic one.

it is not possible that kabam will simply leave countless players in this situation, we have to send a ticket charging some kind of offer from them, whether in the store, or event, or even a trade in items/real money.

I've already made all the content in the game that could give me this last gem of awakening, there's nowhere to be looking.
  • Options
    Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Still trying
    I'm thinking I could work my way to 5 generics somehow and if I did I totally would so I could have 2 chances at a skill gem to awaken my Nick Fury.
  • Options
    Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    edited December 2021
    Still trying

it's really frustrating that you have 4 generic 5-star gems, and not be able to switch to the 6-star gem.
    I made all the possible exchanges in the store and I couldn't form the fifth gem needed to make the purchase.
    I find myself today with several gems of all classes, but none with three alike to exchange for the last generic one.

it is not possible that kabam will simply leave countless players in this situation, we have to send a ticket charging some kind of offer from them, whether in the store, or event, or even a trade in items/real money.

I've already made all the content in the game that could give me this last gem of awakening, there's nowhere to be looking.

I'm in your boat now. I have 2 skill and 2 mystic gems, but I've used up all of my trades for 5* class gems and stuck at 4 generics. I think my last hope is either exploring Act 5 chapter 3 to get a class 5* gem and hope RNG is on my side or finally do my 1st path of LOL to get the generic 5* gem. I'm leaning toward LOL.