**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

CUT OFF FOR DR. VOODOO?

2»

Comments

• BK_AVENGERBK_AVENGER Posts: 59
    I'm an android user so I would easily have been over 6M without the login issue.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    It's between 5.9 and 6. My friend did 5.9 and didn't get him
  • Bigdrail93Bigdrail93 Posts: 48
    6.2 finished 9881 and got him
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian
    RIght around 6 million appears to be where the cutoff is heading.

It looks like people really scored like gangbusters for Voodoo, far more than I thought would. I don't think the cut off is going to be nearly as high in round two, but we'll see. Voodoo is arguably the first tier 1 non-repeat attacker in the new format basic arena. This pushes my estimate for Hyperion upward, at least for round one.

We didn't see this to the same degree in the old arenas, but it seems like the higher cutoff percentage (10% vs 5%) means the highest scoring people tend to push the first week higher when the scores are really high, but then many of them drop out in round two causing scores to lower. More people getting him in round one means less need to get him in round two. Quake, Ghost Rider, and Mordo exhibited that pattern. I'm curious to see if Voodoo follows that pattern, or if so many people want him that even the larger cutoff percentage isn't enough to exhaust the number of high scorers.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    I anticipated as much because of the Android issue. I have yet to make a prediction for Round 2. I'm leaning towards lower, but haven't given it much thought yet.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    6.7 for me got him
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I hear 5.92 got DV
  • uoop5387bb1i.png
    by8k58ndto01.png
    if I had those 10 hours maybe i could've got him.........
  • LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364
    DNA3000 wrote: »

It looks like people really scored like gangbusters for Voodoo, far more than I thought would. I don't think the cut off is going to be nearly as high in round two, but we'll see. Voodoo is arguably the first tier 1 non-repeat attacker in the new format basic arena. This pushes my estimate for Hyperion upward, at least for round one.

We didn't see this to the same degree in the old arenas, but it seems like the higher cutoff percentage (10% vs 5%) means the highest scoring people tend to push the first week higher when the scores are really high, but then many of them drop out in round two causing scores to lower. More people getting him in round one means less need to get him in round two. Quake, Ghost Rider, and Mordo exhibited that pattern. I'm curious to see if Voodoo follows that pattern, or if so many people want him that even the larger cutoff percentage isn't enough to exhaust the number of high scorers.

You saying Hyperion will be high as well?
  • l00neyprl00neypr Posts: 19
    k0y7t5s7mbiq.png
    gdsuqtqfjtiq.png
    I'm an android user and I went to 7.5mil just to be safe, thank God I did WOOOHOOO!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I'd say it will be up there, yes. No predictions yet.
    I'm thinking for hyperion over 7mil go 8mil to be on the safe side,
  • CedricccCedriccc Posts: 26
    Got him at 5.91, I'm pretty sure I'm exactly the cutoff or close
    32iozdvklq6v.png
  • SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    edited June 2017
    It was exactly that, you is lucky you is smart #innerKhaled
    Cedriccc wrote: »
    Got him at 5.91, I'm pretty sure I'm exactly the cutoff or close
    32iozdvklq6v.png

@Cedriccc, did you submit your score? If not, please do so. You might be the cutoff
    https://goo.gl/forms/TQPeWKWIvgmAFrKN2
  • Jonrdz1Jonrdz1 Posts: 201
    lgp6oxpl0jik.png
    8elxwmk7km5g.png
    I'm loving Dr Voodoo Thank you Kabam for the arena I have Android but I managed to bearly make it and I got him
  • TWARIplTWARIpl Posts: 19
    edited June 2017
    cxlyx83c9vk5.png

5d9odommqvy3.png
  • CedricccCedriccc Posts: 26
    I can't submit my score because I don't know my exact rank

• Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    TWARIpl wrote: »
    cxlyx83c9vk5.png

5d9odommqvy3.png

Poor guy, Missed voodoo by ONE FIGHT.
    Cedriccc wrote: »
    I can't submit my score because I don't know my exact rank

@Cedriccc No need to put rank then. Enter score and choose reward. Many don't submit rank
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    Superman69 wrote: »
    TWARIpl wrote: »
    cxlyx83c9vk5.png

5d9odommqvy3.png

Poor guy, Missed voodoo by ONE FIGHT.

That has happened to me before. I missed War Machine by less than 3k points. It sucks to be that guy.
  • Reposion wrote: »
    i did 7.1m .

Anch'io. Well.. 7.06 or something.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    I did 5.7m, would have made it if I didn't slack on the first day, and miss one run on the final day, fault on my end.

Next one's coming soon, I won't make the same mistake of slacking this time. Going to aim for 12m to be safe, as what Dorky Dave would say, it's a revenge attempt now. :3
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian

Prior to this week I was betting that Hyperion would be the highest score among the near up-and-coming basics. I knew Voodoo would be in demand, but I didn't guess he would be in such high demand that people would actually take off work to grind for him, which appears to be anecdotally the case: looking at the in-depth scoring the top scorers pushed for Voodoo about 15% harder than Mordo in week one.

Hyperion could be even higher, because while I think Voodoo is a better attacker, Hyperion is that very rare champion that is considered *both* a top tier attacker and a top tier defender. I was guessing 5.5 for Hyperion but I was also guessing 5.2 for Voodoo, plus or minus 500k (because participation swings the scores by about that much). WIth Voodoo going for 5.9, I think Hyperion has a decent chance of breaking 6 million.