**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Great Change in January Update!!

SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
No, I’m not talking about Toad, Sauron, or even Strikers.

I’m stoked to know that loading screens are now being phased out!! I’ll credit @Kabam Zero but let me know if I should credit someone else.

Happy Holidays

Comments

• Options
    ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★
    edited January 2022

raziel said:

Why is the unit counter so big?

We don't think this was intentional and will likely be tweaking this in future releases.
    My bigger question on this is why are the 3 elements in between the Units and Menu button so small? They are not anywhere near the scale of the elements on either side of them and there is all that unused space to the right of the middle (or left of the units). If the currency counter was scaling a little with that area then perhaps currency values of 8+ digits wouldn't get so tiny.

Does this UI scale to the screen it is on or is it static?

There is so much unused horizontal real-estate on that menu bar. It would be really nice if it scaled (within reason) and the buttons themselves were bigger (or perhaps spread out so they filled the space better).
  • Options
    Lestat2499Lestat2499 Posts: 267 ★★★
    Can it not be made side scrollable on an iPad screen so that it fits better on a phone and there is less wasted space?
  • Options
    firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★

Zeraphan said:

raziel said:

We don't think this was intentional and will likely be tweaking this in future releases.
    My bigger question on this is why are the 3 elements in between the Units and Menu button so small? They are not anywhere near the scale of the elements on either side of them and there is all that unused space to the right of the middle (or left of the units). If the currency counter was scaling a little with that area then perhaps currency values of 8+ digits wouldn't get so tiny.

There is so much unused horizontal real-estate on that menu bar. It would be really nice if it scaled (within reason) and the buttons themselves were bigger (or perhaps spread out so they filled the space better).
    The main reasoning behind a lot of this is everything needs to still fit on a 4:3 aspect ratio screen(ie iPads) This means that on very wide screen devices there will be some extra space.
    That's cool, but can there be an option to stretch it? My big fingers can barely tap the buttons lol.
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    raziel said:

That’s the cash dude. The higher the numbers the bigger it gets 😅
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

Zeraphan said:

raziel said:

The main reasoning behind a lot of this is everything needs to still fit on a 4:3 aspect ratio screen(ie iPads) This means that on very wide screen devices there will be some extra space.
    Can’t you make the UI responsive like the websites that adapt to smart devices ?
  • Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★

Zeraphan said:

raziel said:

"there will be extra space" why is the extra space necessary? why not make buttons easier to press by slightly increasing the size or widening the options, i got long fingers even then have to move my hand to adjust to the middle of the screen, where the buttons are cluttered together.... also why gray, seems waaay to gloomy..
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 741 ★★★★
    Less loading screens, but the ones that remained feel like they doubled in duration.

There's a weird thing in arena, when pressing the "Find match" button, game freezes for a bit. Every time. Before it would move to next screen with the 3 match options to chose from. Now there's a delay and it's super annoying.

Also, why havent you removed the points "count up" animation for last match?. Wasted time for a pointless animation. Just move through screens quicker at the end of an arena match.
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

I’m stoked to know that loading screens are now being phased out!! I’ll credit @Kabam Zero but let me know if I should credit someone else.

Happy Holidays

Your welcome! There are some known issues with the new home screen champs occasionally not appearing but that will be fixed in an upcoming hotfix. If there are any other issues let me know.
    @Kabam Zero the lit up buttons on the objectives showing you can claim items from milestones that you have reached as well as the lit up continue button on quests you are currently running when you go back to the fight screen are not working. The buttons are still there but they don't light up or flash or whatever it was they did before anymore.
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    Crys23 said:

Less loading screens, but the ones that remained feel like they doubled in duration.

There's a weird thing in arena, when pressing the "Find match" button, game freezes for a bit. Every time. Before it would move to next screen with the 3 match options to chose from. Now there's a delay and it's super annoying.

Also, why havent you removed the points "count up" animation for last match?. Wasted time for a pointless animation. Just move through screens quicker at the end of an arena match.

I have not noticed this. I see a noticeable difference in load times and navigating through the menus.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,324 ★★★★★
    ChiliDog said:

raziel said:

If you bought 11 more ggc, it would be smaller.
  • Options
    18sae5618sae56 Posts: 126
    edited January 2022

Zeraphan said:

I play on an iPad…. The scaling still feels too small. Now I have to reach for pretty much all of the buttons where is the most common ones were pretty easy reach before. The old bar was definitely better.

• Options
    Crine60 said:

Happy Holidays

Your welcome! There are some known issues with the new home screen champs occasionally not appearing but that will be fixed in an upcoming hotfix. If there are any other issues let me know.
    @Kabam Zero the lit up buttons on the objectives showing you can claim items from milestones that you have reached as well as the lit up continue button on quests you are currently running when you go back to the fight screen are not working. The buttons are still there but they don't light up or flash or whatever it was they did before anymore.
    Thanks for letting me know will get it logged.
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

Crine60 said:

Happy Holidays

Thanks for letting me know will get it logged.
    @Kabam Zero also I am now finding that the red notification number for needing to provide help to alliance mates is not going away when I provide it. Sometimes when I restart it is gone but if new help requests come in and I provide help it again doesn't go away which requires more restarting.
  • Options
    Crine60 said:

@Kabam Zero also I am now finding that the red notification number for needing to provide help to alliance mates is not going away when I provide it. Sometimes when I restart it is gone but if new help requests come in and I provide help it again doesn't go away which requires more restarting.

Just to verify are you talking about the notification on the top bar or on the help button or somewhere else?
  • Options
    Paper_TissuePaper_Tissue Posts: 38

It's on the Help button from the main screen, it persists even after having helped, as shown on the above screenshot. Closing and reopening the game clear it away.