Rank down tickets post

LewkkLewkk Member Posts: 36
With all of this Loki stuff going on I've seen talk that it was stated that rank down tickets will only be given when a champ is changed, but I have been (hopefully) waiting for rank down tickets since the new AW came around because of it's total change, with diversity being a thing and having most of the alliance with the same champs ranked up for defence now not using those champs at all because someone else in the alliance has a better one for placement, it kinda baffles me why this change didn't warrant rank down tickets

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Member Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    No champ was changed. Diversity isn’t necessary to win wars. My alliance has won its past 4 wars without having more than 85 champs for diversity
  • LewkkLewkk Member Posts: 36
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    No champ was changed. Diversity isn’t necessary to win wars. My alliance has won its past 4 wars without having more than 85 champs for diversity

Yeahh but would you even put 85 different champs for war if it wasn't a thing? Or would you use the actual good defender style champs like it used to be
    Me saying we use only 85 diverse champs is because we place good defenders. Our last 4 wars we haven’t had one of our bosses go down. We’re around 2600-2700 war rating
    I’m just showing you aren’t required to place diverse defenses and placing the San wxhamps does work
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    I’m just showing you aren’t required to place diverse defenses and placing the San wxhamps does work

Fair point, but a lot of the lower tier alliance wars require the full diversity, my alliance is at 1800 and if we don't have 100% diversity we can still lose by like 50 points, I suppose because you can make the choice of whether to have diversity or not means it doesn't warrant rank down tickets as opposed to if a character is changed there's nothing you can do about it.. fair enough
    Yeah, lower tiers require it and the upper tiers are the ones that can abuse the RDTs because we have larger rosters so we could easily change prestige or rank up better champs
  • VigotheCarpathianVigotheCarpathian Member Posts: 33
    I just want my 30 % atk/health boost back that i lost during maintenance and the 10% atk boost.
    I would love to gift you one from inventory. I have 9 of those things
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,269 Guardian
    Lewkk wrote: »
    With all of this Loki stuff going on I've seen talk that it was stated that rank down tickets will only be given when a champ is changed, but I have been (hopefully) waiting for rank down tickets since the new AW came around because of it's total change, with diversity being a thing and having most of the alliance with the same champs ranked up for defence now not using those champs at all because someone else in the alliance has a better one for placement, it kinda baffles me why this change didn't warrant rank down tickets

The source of your bafflement is that the people stating that rank down tickets will only be given when a champ is changed are players, not Kabam. The only statements from Kabam regarding RDT were the ones given after 12.0 in response to players asking for them, that 12.0 was a special case that involved champions changing dramatically. They did not say "so whenever champions change dramatically enough we will give out RDTs," They only said it was a special case that involved champion changes. The people who quote that keep forgetting to quote the rest, which was that Kabam was unlikely to be giving out RDTs in the same way ever again , and if they ever felt RDTs were warranted they would likely function significantly differently.

Everyone seems to keep remembering the "champions changed" part and forgetting the "special case" and "unlikely to happen again" part.

There is no specific threshold of change that automatically warrants RDTs.
  • BapoiBapoi Member Posts: 995 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    *SNIP*
    Everyone seems to keep remembering the "champions changed" part and forgetting the "special case" and "unlikely to happen again" part.

Precisely this.
    Patch 12.0 completely changed the way abilities for all champs across the board worked. Every single champ changed from percentage to flat values, some champs were, for lack of a better word, crippled. The game itself changed, affecting every single champ in the game. That is what warranted the option. I have not seen one champ modification since that comes remotely close to warranting the same again.
    edited November 2017
    The source of your bafflement is that the people stating that rank down tickets will only be given when a champ is changed are players, not Kabam. The only statements from Kabam regarding RDT were the ones given after 12.0 in response to players asking for them, that 12.0 was a special case that involved champions changing dramatically. They did not say "so whenever champions change dramatically enough we will give out RDTs," They only said it was a special case that involved champion changes. The people who quote that keep forgetting to quote the rest, which was that Kabam was unlikely to be giving out RDTs in the same way ever again , and if they ever felt RDTs were warranted they would likely function significantly differently.

Thank you for clearing this up for me guys!

• Captain_HeroCaptain_Hero Member Posts: 93
    Rank down tickets would be one of the highest selling offers in the history of MCOC. Yes, they said they would never give them away but they didn't say they wouldn't sell them.
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Member Posts: 294 ★★
    The whole Loki rank down ticket thing is funny. Who in their right mind that has played this game enough ranked him up based on the hela synergy and believed that kabam would not have changed him quickly. As soon as it came out and posted on you tube that specific synergy was done with. No way they allow that to go on and cost them money in lol. Anything that will affect their bottom line can be resolved with the quickness. If it affects the player base negatively then they don’t know what it is we are working in isolating the problem. We think we have it maybe months later we have a fix and bam we broke something else.
  • VigotheCarpathianVigotheCarpathian Member Posts: 33
    Whoever flagged me is ****
  • SolswerdSolswerd Member Posts: 1,869 ★★★★

I didn't flag you...but tempted to since you resurrected a thread that has been dead since November 23rd.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    Solswerd wrote: »

I didn't flag you...but tempted to since you resurrected a thread that has been dead since November 23rd.

Rank down ticket threads don't die. They just go into remission.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Member Posts: 945 ★★★
    Lewkk wrote: »

What you're forgetting is how they also said that IF they bring them they would be more specific (so most likely champion and/or rank specific)