**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

[iOS] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,309 ★★★★
    edited January 2022
    My alliance-mate pointed out that if you pick champions in arena without using the synergy tab, it doesn't crash.

Basically, since I know who the synergy partners for the champion I'm using; I don't use the champion synergy tab.

Wonder if Kabam is able to solve spade of bugs with each new patches that are released.

Good luck Kabam, hope you can fix whatever is wrong in the game.
  • Options
    SPIDER_MANSPIDER_MAN Posts: 136
    In game name
    1. SPIDER.M.A.N
    2. HELLBOY.
    3. SPIDER.HAM
    Device iPhone X, IOS 15.1
    Cellular & wifi both
    Game version 33.2.2
    Freezing, lagging, parry and block fails,
    Freezes during fight, when it unfreezes your being smashed by a five hit combo, the AI seems to be able to attack you whenever it wants and more aggressive than what used to seem normal.
    My Champs are dashing in when holding block
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    In-Game Name: BowTieJohn
    Device and Model: iPhone 6
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.5.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: v 33.2.0
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? It crashes in all modes. Now I only get the game loaded try to start questing and it crashes. It has done this four or five times in a row. Sad as this game was working better last week and now I can't even play it. Really stinks as I'm losing time for solo objectives and monthly quest. :(
  • Options
    Yvung_ty_Yvung_ty_ Posts: 11
    I have iPhone se 2020 after the recent update has been messing up whenever I try to play arena this code pops up and ends the game and just kicks me out 13.2.3
  • Options
    AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    In-Game Name: Rydertheblack

Device and Model: Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
    Device Operating System: Android 11

Game Version Installed: latest

Game modes: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.

Description of the Issue: Lag, and every now and then gets me a connection error and connection is good. No other software running in background
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Update -
    In-Game Name: BowTieJohn
    Device and Model: iPhone 6
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.5.4
    Game Version Installed: v 33.2.0
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? I loaded the game and was able to upgrade and level up my stark spidey, but when I tried questing it crashed.
  • Options
    awewolfawewolf Posts: 5
    As much as I appreciate all the extra things we're getting for free because Kabam can't run a smooth game. PLEASE stop giving us the same stuff.. I'm overloaded and lose half of the alliance potions and revives. Please give us something new, like questing potions and revives. Greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    Barnes13Barnes13 Posts: 20
    This affects me more in war than anywhere else! we should
    get the same war compensation as we do quest compensation!
  • Options
    CovoidCovoid Posts: 34
    Just lost a war for my alliance by getting destroyed by the dex/parry problem. How do you justify the “compensation” of almost useless boosts in longer fights with 3 minute boost duration? A much more appropriate compensation would be a 6 hour champion boost. Health and revives are nice, but can’t undo a lost fight in aw. Think about it.
  • Options
    Also normally I would grind arena after throwing in the towel in aw/aq, but the synergy error took the fun out of that too.
    I just can’t understand why Kabam keeps releasing new content and features when you should have all hands on deck fixing the major bugs that are already known. It’s completely counter intuitive and I know I’m not the only one who feels this way. I suspect your scrum master needs a remedial lesson in establishing priorities, I suppose a mass exodus away from the game will trigger an appropriate response and I’m sure it’s already begun. So sad.
  • Options
    Bravo3120Bravo3120 Posts: 13
    IGN Dadthebarbarian
    Airpad 3rd gen/newest iOS 15.2.1
    In journey to savage land-mountains..random loss of input, my champ randomly STOPS while mid combo….striker button unresponsive.
  • Options
    Sounds like a broke record but dexterity and getting hit, parry doesn’t exist and getting hit, AI goes to hit then within the same time, heavy then special, during the special champ able to come attack forward more spaces then the should, can’t enjoy any part of the game as it’s broken, hotfix after hotfix, stop making content and trying to take are money, fix the game, I keep using units because of this but don’t get compensation for that, just get stupid AQ stuff that I don’t ever need, I take on the mini bosses in aq because I need to get rid of all the revives and potions, fix your game before most gamers leave
  • Options
    Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 179
    In-Game Name: Ronnyman889
    Device and Model: iPad Air2 / iphone XR
    Device Operating System: iOS 15.x
    Game Version Installed: 33.3.3

Had these issues a very long time but since you come clean about having issues admitting to have several outstanding problems with the game I’ll guess there wasn’t much point in giving you any updates. BUT really, come on how much longer ???

In AQ and AW the speed during the fights changes mid-fights, inputs are dropped and frequently the connection symbol is halting the game. The speed the defenders counters an attack is really quick, knocking the defender down and counters in a split second directly from the floor to medium attack. Attacker doesn’t even have the time to block or move.
    Even worse, the defender have a really long reach at a rushed speed almost as a teleporting movement.

In arena the stability is worse and giving these issues even more frequently.

Being in a stable high speed provider the whole time this must come from the server’s end.
    Some fights everything is freezing up for seconds and the controls are wacky s short period during the fight before it syncs again. Fights have a shaking arena, stuttering movements and worse a combination. Then suddenly out of the blue everything is smooth.
    Walk away and let it rest for a few minutes could help but can also just make it worse.

Tired of trying to cope with alliance progress especially in AW when errors like this is causing a loss but it’s quite disturbing in AQ too.

• Options
    nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    In-Game Name: n0ux
    Device and Model: iPhone 11
    Device Operating System: iOS 15.2.1
    Game Version Installed: v 33.2.3
    Game Mode: All around

On a random occasions game starts to drop frames and starts lagging for 2-3 seconds, feels like game framerate drops to as low as 5-10fps.
    Other lagging issues when sometimes I or Ai launching specials, game freezes for 1second.
    Its really hard to play when dropped frames causing input inconsistencies. Please take a look at it.
  • Options
    Deder80Deder80 Posts: 638 ★★★
    In-Game Name: Deder80
    Device and Model: iPhone 13 pro
    Game Version Installed: v 33.2.3
    Game Mode: All modes

Description- can not use parry at all! If I do by chance land a parry my champs are dashing backwards when I try to throw a heavy or just stand there when I’m commanding them to do attack. It’s like like they freeze yet the AI doesn’t. I’ll have full bars and it still does. This is very frustrating. I’m losing more health then I’ve ever have to failed parries and unable to dex properly all because of the horrible control issues that’s been going way to long. People need this fix
  • Options
    What are you guys doing?!?! Now the iOS dex/parry issue is much worse, especially in arena. It’s not only dex/parry now, it’s also when trying a heavy hit that my champs will automatically dash back instead. Sometimes I’ll get lucky and this will work in my favor, but mostly I just lose fights that should be easy wins. The only way to avoid the constant dashing back is to keep launching sp 1’s. Maybe it’s time to scrap your old engine and build the game anew on a new platform. Even if that means you need to turn it off for a day or two, or however long it takes because this is maddening!!! Also this very unfair to iOS users when all users get the same compensation.
  • Options
    Covoid said:

What are you guys doing?!?! Now the iOS dex/parry issue is much worse, especially in arena. It’s not only dex/parry now, it’s also when trying a heavy hit that my champs will automatically dash back instead. Sometimes I’ll get lucky and this will work in my favor, but mostly I just lose fights that should be easy wins. The only way to avoid the constant dashing back is to keep launching sp 1’s. Maybe it’s time to scrap your old engine and build the game anew on a new platform. Even if that means you need to turn it off for a day or two, or however long it takes because this is maddening!!! Also this very unfair to iOS users when all users get the same compensation.

That is very on point and 100% agree!! They need to just the game down for a week and get it fixed cause this game is absolutely horrible right now.
  • Options
    MindstrikeMindstrike Posts: 9
    In-Game Name: Mindstrike.
    Device and Model: iPhone 12 Pro +13Pro; IPad Pro 11” 3th generation
    Device Operating System: Before iOS 15.2.1 (19C63), Now => iOS 15.3
    Game Version Installed: 33.2.3
    Game Mode: Alliance Quest, Alliance War, Story Quests / Event Quests / Side mission Only in the higher Content (Uncollected, Cavalier, Variant, Act 6, Event mission X)

Description of the Issue:
    Between my combos the AI is always able to attack and to hit me! My champions can only dodge once back without getting hit because of the bug, the second time when I dodge back the AI is always hitting me. This Bug occurs when AI gets more aggressive, than the AI attacks quicker and while defending my attacks without stunning me, the AI hits me. Also, my intercept fails sometime against the AI. Once the interception fails, I am not able to intercept until the AI finish the complete aggressive Mode, when the AI falls back to the “normal” Mode the interceptions works fine again.

I've been patient for months now, I had to buy numerous units to solve Cavalier tasks. Act 6.2.2 is unsolvable for me in the current state of the game or only associated with a frustratingly high use of units and thus money. Because of this I will never be able to reach the thronebreaker, only the fight with the Grandmaster is unplayable with such bugs. In the last six months I had to invest twice as much money in the game to achieve less progress in the game. The compensation does not bring me anything for the story quests and the event quests / side missions. It took me 10 tries for Side mission Sauron on Cavalier. I could have bought a Playstation 5 for the money I invested in the last six months. The equivalent value that I received for it (completion of Variant 4 Moon Knight) seems far too low to me.

I expect that the bug will be fixed and that we players who pay you every month and thus secure your income will be equipped with units so that at least the easy path to Act 6.4.6 can be achieved. If not, I'll have to say goodbye to the game as I'm stuck in Act 6 and don't see a way I'll ever get to Act 7 and become a throne breaker.
  • Options
    In-Game Name: TheGenderBender
    Device and Model: iPhone XS Max
    Game Version Installed: 33.2.3
    Game Mode: Alliance Quest, Alliance War, Story Quests / Event Quests

Description of the Issue:
    Timing of parry, dex, and getting a special to fire after a combo are all wildly inconsistent. I've had increasingly prevalent issues getting timing correct due to inconsistency with the game. Trying to get that pixel perfect timing when the game engine is lagging is impossible... and the more I try to adjust my timing the worse it is. Missing what should be perfect input because I'm early or getting hit because I'm adjusting to the game and thus too late.

I'm finding that some opponents are almost impossible to fight (especially in longer fights). Champions like Venom, Tigra, Doc Oc, and others that have long reaching combos, make it so they use the game's bugs to their advantage. I may be able to dex the first strike but the lag makes it almost impossible to get my character to dex again or block for the subsequent strikes that are coming and can overtake the first dash back. Also, specials like Iron Man IW sp1 require a miracle to consistently avoid all hits.

The lag is apparent and easy to spot... As I'm playing and swipe my finger across my champion (trying to dash back), my finger will have swiped fully across the device and off the screen before my character begins to move. This is unacceptable lag. When I started playing MCOC a few years ago, I thought it was great and could notice a sharpening in my reflexes as I progressed... but now I need to sharpen my premonition skills in order to play the game in the state it is in.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Got sticky feet bug again, defenders specials are hitting me when I’m out of range but then the second part of their special just misses cos I’m miles away from it, my Corvus l2 missed the second strike yesterday just wasn’t in range after my first had hit, and is hulkbuster immune to doom power steal, that might be something I didn’t know but war today the l3 to l1 left him with full l3 which I then took in the face. Oh and blocks are really erratic, thought it was getting better but it’s not, I’m on an iPhone 13 with auto iOS updates, any word on the proposed gameplay fix (6 months and waiting?) would be really appreciated. I haven’t quit but I am playing other games more than this now, the game is a constant frustration
  • Options
    Devman_81_Devman_81_ Posts: 4
    edited February 2022
    Devman81
    iPhone 7
    iOS 15.3
    Both WiFi and cellular
    Dex and parry are not accurate or never work champ has tendency to dash without prompt
    I can only play for about 30 minutes tops before my phone gets hit and force closes the game making all game play difficult as the longer I play the more lag before closing
  • Options
    Just quit arena out of frustration…ghost inputs all over, going forward when swiping back, stuttered frames, delay, by the game itself, of character moving back after a swipe back of at least a second
  • Options
    KiRa_300KiRa_300 Posts: 4
    Game name - KiRa~300
    Device - iPhone12
    OS - 15.3
    Wifi used
    Latest version used
    Alliance War is the place of issue.
    When I am finishing the fights in the alliance war, I am trying to dex the special attacks of the champs but after the February update, the champs are staying idle instead of dexing and that had costed me items and also increased the kill count of the alliance. I can also share the recording of the boss fight if required. Definitely this need to addressed and the war has not at all took place fairly with these bugs. Update by update bugs are increasing a lot but not addressed. How do u you think we move up tiers. Due to these bugs, all the items are gone. Even if he have, the limit beats up and can’t use and we are doomed. I definitely need a fair compensation for this. I can share the recording if required. Better get back with a good reply and what can be done. I definitely need compensation for this.
  • Options
    Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    Note 20 ultra
    Gig speed wifi xfinity
    Android 12

Every fight in aw felt like i was facing unblockable opponents with no buff visable on screen. Dex not working properly to avoid incoming attacks and parry doesnt exist. Then to top that off the drop frame mini freeze every 30-45 seconds makes it so much more fun. No i dont have video i went in aw thinking it would be all good after the update and did my lane getting merked around every corner and blaming myself. I will not attempt any more fights in aw just to prove my issue i already have 6 deaths because of it and yall aint canceling this war!!
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I updated last night, and the responsiveness was improved overall, I noticed visual differences as well. I could actually block then go into heavy without the huge delay. today, back to same unresponsive, missing blocks…etc. Is this update reliant on server updates as well? I feel like last night I was on a server that was updated vs. today’s feel.
  • Options
    GladsGlads Posts: 397 ★★★
    Mjh111
    Samsung s21
    4g 100mb connection WiFi 45mb connection
    25.o.1 updated yesterday

Me and alliance members all android suffering from inability to parry parries not sticking much worse than before.
    Also not sure if it's lag but the frame rate is missing info, making it impossible to be reactive.
    This has seriously effected my ally in terms of war where more than half are Android users.
    Things have dramatically got worse since the update unfortunately that's the only thing which has changed
  • Options
    Bravo3120 said:

I updated last night, and the responsiveness was improved overall, I noticed visual differences as well. I could actually block then go into heavy without the huge delay. today, back to same unresponsive, missing blocks…etc. Is this update reliant on server updates as well? I feel like last night I was on a server that was updated vs. today’s feel.

Agreed… they need a big enough server to handle the upload and downloading. Whoever they use now weather Microsoft, google, or someone small, maybe they buy more data and sever space to handle the growing world wide game they got people addicted to. We shall see!
  • Options
    HerdingCatsHerdingCats Posts: 64
    In-Game Name: ORGANDUDE
    Device and Model: iPhone 11
    Device Operating System: Example, iOS 15.3
    Cellular or WiFi: Both - TMobile
    Game Version Installed: I just updated this morning to the most current version.
    Game Mode: AQ and story mode.
    Description of the Issue: Three major issues as follows: My AQ Odin prefights are not sticking and have caused me SIGNIFICANT ITEM USE. I take buffed up and apply Odin buffs every single day however they only get applied to the attacker maybe 4 or 5 times out of 10. This absolutely needs to be fixed ASAP. Next, yesterday in AQ my champs would not dash when I entered the input. Instead, they would block with their faces and take a 5 hit combo which sent me to oblivion. This absolutely needs to be fixed ASAP. Several times I would go for a combo and my champ would randomly throw a Medium-Medium and I couldn't anticipate...which sent me packing into oblivion once again when the defender IMMEDIATELY RETALIATED. WE ABSOLUTELY CANNOT HAVE THIS IN WAR. The season MUST be cancelled effective today. You cannot have summoners with these types of input issues competing in tier 1 wars and giving deaths that aren't warranted. Third issue: this morning I was cleaning up the monthly side event and brought corvus for a lane. I would complete missions, but they did not accumulate. For instance, CAIW/Falcon would not give the Avenger mission. Rogue would not give the Mutant Mission. Guys...you just made a few million in gifting. We expect a game that is functional. Please FIX YOUR GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!