**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who are Febuary Buff Champs ?

Comments

• Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,014 ★★★★★
    As a community we need to realize that there isn’t a set schedule for when they announce things for the next month. Sometimes we get two weeks notice, sometimes it’s practically same day. There’s no pattern. And that’s okay! We’ll get the information when we get it.

If I had to guess, I’d say we’re likely to find out about next month’s champs during this week, shortly after the winner of the vote is announced. January is a fairly dry month in the Contest, so they’re probably just trying to string out exciting announcements.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

As a community we need to realize that there isn’t a set schedule for when they announce things for the next month. Sometimes we get two weeks notice, sometimes it’s practically same day. There’s no pattern. And that’s okay! We’ll get the information when we get it.

If I had to guess, I’d say we’re likely to find out about next month’s champs during this week, shortly after the winner of the vote is announced. January is a fairly dry month in the Contest, so they’re probably just trying to string out exciting announcements.

Everybody just really really really wants that list with all of the Champions they have planned to be buffed for the year and the only thing that sucks is I'm pretty sure if it ever got out, it'll never be to anyone's satisfaction.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

Everybody just really really really wants that list with all of the Champions they have planned to be buffed for the year and the only thing that sucks is I'm pretty sure if it ever got out, it'll never be to anyone's satisfaction.
    My list:

All the champs that need buffs, please buff.

Thanks!
  • LovekLovek Posts: 216 ★★★
    edited January 2022
    They planned buff champs for every months. they already know who are next.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Lovek said:

And? They already know what content they are releasing 3 months down the line. Doesn't mean they'll tell us what it is just like that. They'll tell us when they see fit.

The wait is excrutiating for sure. Buffs (and the potential new solo competitive mode) are the only reason I'm excited for monthly updates given the current state of things but at the end of the day, it doesn't change much if they tell us now or we find out 1 day before the update drops.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 840 ★★★★
    edited January 2022

Lovek said:

And? They already know what content they are releasing 3 months down the line. Doesn't mean they'll tell us what it is just like that. They'll tell us when they see fit.

The wait is excrutiating for sure. Buffs (and the potential new solo competitive mode) are the only reason I'm excited for monthly updates given the current state of things but at the end of the day, it doesn't change much if they tell us now or we find out 1 day before the update drops.
    I’m waiting to see what happens next month. Hoping for an Iron Fist, Daredevil (Classic) or Elektra buff given the Feb event being Hell’s Kitchen.

There is one perhaps unintentional upswing to a delay on buff news - we don’t waste resources upgrading soon to be buffed champs until we’ve actually got to play with their kits and can determine for ourselves whether it’s a good buff or not. I’m often tempted to rank up champs based on the previews but it’s a habit I’ve managed to stop.
  • LovekLovek Posts: 216 ★★★
    And ?
    what Can be wrong to tell us in advance the list?
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Ainy said:

Chobbly said:

Ainy said:

since it's a Hell's kitchen event, it'd be nice if they buffed IF and gave og DD some tweaks

It's be happy with those, both need work. IF is a meme champ and OG DD has a kit that could fit on the back of a postage stamp.

Really hoping next month is a good one.
    IF is good with the Shang-chi synergy, but needs to shine on his own. I recently r5d my og DD because of nostalgia (he got me through a lot of content as a duped 4* back in the day) and also because I love the character - if they ever decide to buff him, they better not touch is awakened ability!
    Keep the sig ability and add something to it like a purify chance at different sig levels
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    Well I think daredevil classic is alright in the hand of a skilled player that don’t have much of an option to clear in some content and can take advantage of his auto evade mechanism even if the fights drags on.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    edited January 2022

Lovek said:

seriously. i am tired with kabam..
    game bugs
    Communication problems
    silence always

all that tired me and wanted to defintively stop playing

Did you seriously think that just because you tagged them that they would tell you who the buffed champions are instead of doing whatever they have planned?

It's pretty clear that they will tell us who is getting buffed when they decide to.
    My opinion is no I don’t think they should always response by telling us what we want to hear. But I’d like a response that shows they’ve heard us or care especially for threads and issues with a lot of traction indicating that the community is concern. One typical example is AI behavior we been experiencing yet silence. So with this one, they can quickly stop by and tell us we’ll get the announcement soon, they’re excited about it and hopefully we’ll be too when we get it. They can go to the extent and say, we should feel free to speculate and guess they enjoy watching us to speculate.
    That to me is communication, silence is too but bad communication in cases like these imo.
  • NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    I think they should stop buffing champs. They’ve proven time and time again that they focus more on buffing them defensively than offensively.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Hopefully someone from the featured crystal cause the sub-feats not looking that good rn
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,014 ★★★★★
    Seems like @BitterSteel and I went at the same idea at the same time, but you beat me to it.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Raichu626 said:

Bishop was only made worse for defence because they removed a silly part of his kit anyway that killed you on offence

Specifically disagree with Bishop. I'm not sure if the unblockable was already part of his 0 bar ability, but he definitely got the ability to gain prowess on hit instead of just block, making the unblockable way harder to avoid at high sig, and he got that ridiculous incinerate aura on sp1. And his overload not only no longer kills him but deals massive damage to opponents, making a the tech champs reliant on shock or incinerate deathtraps against him.

He got a lot more than just that suicide ability being removed.
    Agreed on the prowess being added on hit, that can be a pain but tech champs don't give him any.

He already had unblockable specials, so while there's a new interaction with the prowess since they're easier to proc, the unblockable was already there.

The incinerate aura isn't that bad to be honest. The incinerate doesn't do much damage and you can avoid it anyway, and it's better than energy damage through block as you can bring an incinerate champion or ghost. I prefer dealing with this than the energy damage through block.

So really it's just the prowess being on hit now and the power overload doing damage to specific avoidable debuffs.

I think they should stop buffing champs. They’ve proven time and time again that they focus more on buffing them defensively than offensively.

If anyone from kabam is reading this please do not take this as an indication of what the community at large thinks. This is demonstrably wrong.

There has been 0, none, and nada buffs that have only made a champion worse for defence. Some buffs have made them slightly worse to fight, but not significantly worse, and furthermore, the overwhelming majority of buffs have focussed on offence.

Seriously, go through each buff right now and try and tell me which one made them worse on defence by focussing on an ability to specifically make them worse on defence.

P2099 was already a bad defender, his buff was designed for offence. Bishop was only made worse for defence because they removed a silly part of his kit anyway that killed you on offence, terrax already had his rock field, Ebony maw had his degen (an offensive as well as defensive ability) tuned up slightly, Joe Fixit had one small part of his kit added to make him a little more annoying on defence. But all of them had tune ups or abilities added to largely make them better on offence, the massive majority of their abilities from the buffs are offensive.

You can’t argue any of those were designed to make them worse on defence. What you’re seeing is by making champions better on offence, sometimes abilities are tuned or added that then make them better on defence. But for all of them, they are sufficiently better on offence that it really doesn’t matter to even get a little annoyed about champions being harder on defence, let alone think the program should stop because of it. If you could win awards for overreactions, I think your post would win it.
    They didn't tune Maw's degen slightly. They tuned it through the roof.
    Ironically still not to the level Kabam Broccoli initially made him to be.

I’ve been doing some leaking myself and I’ve heard of a Doom buff

Better be some vfx like Cap cause that man's numbers don't need to move in either direction.