**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why there is so much hype for hyperion??

NuttyJokeNuttyJoke Posts: 53
edited February 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I have r3 awakened hyperion... is he that worth of ranking him up
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Yeah he is. He has a long heavy and if you can ramp it up, you can do a lot of damage with your specials. You can also potentially stun cycle with your sp2 as well. Dude just hits hard
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    He's simple.
    Powergain.
    Fury.
    Stunlock potential.
    Decent Regen.
    He's aged extremely well. His sig scales horribly so you don't need to feed him any.

Definitely r5 worthy if duped. R4 max if not.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

He's simple.
    Powergain.
    Fury.
    Stunlock potential.
    Decent Regen.
    He's aged extremely well. His sig scales horribly so you don't need to feed him any.

+Incinerate
  • NuttyJokeNuttyJoke Posts: 53
    Terra said:

He's simple.
    Powergain.
    Fury.
    Stunlock potential.
    Decent Regen.

Yeah i have a duped hyperion.. just waiting for the resources to upgrade him after hearing from you guys
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    One of the simplest, yet powerful champs in the game. Worth the rank-up, especially after being awakened. Many of them have told you about his abilities, so I don't think I will need to say more about it.

A good counter for Buffed-up, Stun-immune match ups, Diss-track (the one where you need to have 3+ debuffs on opponent to inflict damage). These were just very few of the top of my mind, lot more where he shines well.
  • LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★
    Bcoz he is hyperion... read his kit and try him out... I have a maxed 5 star on whom I used a generic on and never regretted it till date.. him and Magik have aged extremely well and still are valid in thenmeta
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Easy power gain is incredible, but that regen is underrated. Simple gameplay and high reward.

He’s stood the test of time and is an incredible champ design.

Dr. Zola
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    The power gain enabling you to spam specials is a unique and often extremely useful ability. I, however, have never owned hype above 4 star so I can’t see the “hype” myself
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,670 ★★★★
    He really is amazing. Was my first R5 Cosmic 5*, and since I duped my 6* this week he also is going to be my first cosmic 6* R3. He is that good.

He definitely needs to be awakened though. I immediately awakened my 5* so never played much with him unawakened, but after 3 weeks of messing around with the unawakened 6* it definitely makes a huge difference.
  • Matt123Matt123 Posts: 29
    Also sp1 is energy damage and non contact (can spam sp1 against electro).

Great burst damage. Parry heavy parry heavy. Get a few furies. Sp2 with furies is usually gives you a stun. Heavy sp1. He just cranks out damage. You also don’t need too many sig stones. His awakened ability falls off at a point.