**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why is abusive being speech tolerated on this forum?

13»

Comments

• Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    Reverb79 said:

@GrassKnuckles Not sure I understand, did you just want to call yourself an idiot? Shouldn’t be so hard on yourself.

It was a real question but I was quite sure I was wrong.

• Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    Reverb79 said:

@J0eySn0w I hear you and completely agree but even when I blocked the guy he continues to troll. I even asked him not to waste his energy commenting on my last lost because I blocked him, so he asked his deems to post the comment with his account saying - “Demonfryze says…” that’s nuts man.

Like I said earlier, learn to ignore certain replies and comments even when you see them, that should be the goal. Don’t engage it. You control who’s comment you read and reply to, exercise that power to make your forum experience positive for you. Whatever it is if most of us see it’s bad or going too far, people will step in on your behalf.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

I blocked the "protected one" about a year ago and my forum experience is so much better it is almost night and day, @Reverb79 if a poster annoys you that much, block them and move on.

You'll still feel annoyed by the end of today, but by the end of the week, you'll just feel relieved that you don't have to wade through their 100+ messages a day on posts, arguing against the prevailing sentiment, every... Single.... Time... Trotting out the same logical fallacies.

There are always some genuinely thought provoking and well reasoned counter points. But you may find blocking "thread derailers" a better experience.

I've thought about adding demon as well, truth be told, however I'm undecided on whether he's of the same ilk; derailing for pleasure.... But he could just be that caustic and simply unaware.

I am not protected.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Reverb79 said:

@DNA3000 your post is sound. i understand and agree with mostly every you are saying. However, this has nothing to do with the previous post. The user I’m referring to always resorts to insults and toxic speech on any post he doesn’t like. His comments to others are incredibly abusive.

Please let me clarify. That this is not about loot boxes or the patent or even the repeat Crystal pulls. This is coming up because out of all of the people who posted most on my previous discussion, his profile showed up after almost every other comment. And he finally asked his friend to quote his comment so I would see it. The loops he jumps through to harass are disturbing.

Again, people quoting my comments isn't me asking them to post anything. You just don't understand how the forums works.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Reverb79 said:

@DNA3000 your post is sound. i understand and agree with mostly every you are saying. However, this has nothing to do with the previous post. The user I’m referring to always resorts to insults and toxic speech on any post he doesn’t like. His comments to others are incredibly abusive.

Please let me clarify. That this is not about loot boxes or the patent or even the repeat Crystal pulls. This is coming up because out of all of the people who posted most on my previous discussion, his profile showed up after almost every other comment. And he finally asked his friend to quote his comment so I would see it. The loops he jumps through to harass are disturbing.

I’m not sure if you’re unwilling or unable to take on new information. But when you quote someone on the forum it writes “PreviousPoster Said:” and then quotes their post.

As an example, see above. Demonz did not write out “Reverb79 said”, the forum automatically put that for him. This is a basic piece of information you have based your attack on.

The loops you jump through to accuse are disturbing.
  • Options
    CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    As someone who read the previous thread, the comments being referred to were far from abusive and toxic. Ultimately, with this being an online forum, you will come across comments and posts that seem rude or ignorant, even if that is unintended. I’m not justifying abuse, but I am saying that it’s best not to get hung up on what other forum members say as things sometimes tend to get lost in an online setting.

As for the “friend” that the person in question got to share his comments, all he did was comment on the other person’s comments. You’ll most likely find many people that disagree with your opinions throughout your time on the forums, it’s inevitable. You just have to not take it personally, and try to just pay attention to the actual counterpoints to what you are trying to say.
  • Options
    Kabam BooKabam Boo Posts: 840 ★★★★★
    Hi folks,

We understand some of the concerns and frustrations surrounding the policies of user generated content on the forums. In this particular case, we felt this topic to resemble one policy we hold quite firmly which is not to discuss moderator actions and decisions in public. We encourage all users to reach out to your moderation team directly if ever you feel the need to report or flag any activity on the forums. We will always endeavour to provide reasoning so you can understand why your content may have been flagged. However, we may not always be able to provide a full analysis on certain moderation decisions or issues as our moderators must operate within a certain level of discretion due to volume. We hope you can understand our decision here to close this thread as the nature of the topic is one that we would encourage you to reach out directly should you have continued concerns in this regard. Thank you to all who have tried to have a reasonable discussion about it and thank you all for your understanding.
This discussion has been closed.