IMIW, in SQ, is tearing me a new one. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• doctorbdoctorb Member Posts: 1,812 ★★★★
    For imiw, try not to hit into block from beginning of fight. Draw out heavy. Once he starts heavy, retreat. As he's doing turn in heavy, I charge and attack then repeat.
  • GrayzoGrayzo Member Posts: 10
    This boss in the games current state is an Embarrassment!
    Costs a ridiculous amount of revives due to input lag, freezes, drops.. and the nodes on top of this are OP for IMIW to start with...
    This is designed as a 100% CASH Grab!
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    Grayzo said:

Costs a ridiculous amount of revives due to input lag, freezes, drops.. and the nodes on top of this are OP for IMIW to start with...

But it's not
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,487 ★★★★★
    Grayzo said:

I'm not the greatest Player around. Not the worst, but not the greatest. I had no issues with this.
  • KennyPLKennyPL Member Posts: 114 ★★
    Angela or Magneto... unfair fight >:)
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Member Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I used red mags with romance synergy via archangel and pyslocke
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★

Kabam is just making the game more stressful and boring day by day

Imagine combining stampede ebb flow agg armor on imiw like champ who itself has non contact attacks difficult to parry making it difficult to heavy so ebb and flow protection is pain.
    2nd is romance synergy 1 spot wasted there if u Don't have good romance champ ranked up. And if u are planning to do this legendary sq without romance its extremely extremely painful.

That imiw being super aggressive, throwing sp1 unblockable out of knowhere giving us an extremely high chance of getting clipped and boom. I even got clipped by sp2.

This imiw is probably the most painful boss i faced recently for not at all worth rewards. Never used any items for months on legendary side quest but this imiw drained all. I was using angela rougue and torch for romance synergy.

And its not a cake walk with Angela also maybe theoretically but not practically. This below 15% imiw gives more stress than i have in my entire quite stressful life. So kudos to the dev and kabam!!!!!! U just made thousands feel the sick boring and stressful nature of the game.

The most annoying is to heavy that imiw,
    1st parry wasted in preventing stun reflection. Now u have 7 seconds to parry again and then heavy to stop ebb and flow. If not within 7 sec u heavy again same thing.
    The pain doesn't end on one heavy cause the protection will come back after 12 seconds.
    And u can't wait a lot to proper time the heavy cause every 2 sec that sob is gaining agg armor. So u need to struck him continuously which below 15% is u know.....
    Below 15% nearly autoblocking all and gaining power like crazy. Its like once he three 3 4 sp1 back to back continuously and u can't touch someone when they are hitting sp.. Now imagine all those time dependent nodes mentioned above

And ask yourself honestly is the rewards freaking worth the difficulty?

So because you had to use a few items and can't easily one shot a boss, rewards suck? Gotcha.
  • MagonusMagonus Member Posts: 528 ★★★
    My Magneto and HT are tied up in AQ right now so I thought I would give it a go with Corvus, Venom, VPool, AA and a puny Psylocke (for Rom Syn). After one team revive and a little healing I had IMIW at 5% health then quit to not spend more resources. Will try again once Mags and HT are available.

If Kabam was alternating compensation between Alliance heals / revives and questing heals / revives I would have kept trying. But as it stands now I have limited heals and revives for questing and every 2 weeks another batch of Alliance heals / revives expiring out of my stash which I sell for gold (getting tennis elbow tossing gold up to the top of the 48,000,000 heap every 2 weeks).

So no complaints or requests here just thought I would share my experience is all.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Member Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Snuggzy said:

As the title states, I'm struggling to get past this IMIW. I can clear each path with almost full health, but he blasts through my team like they're made of paper.

What team did you use/tactics did you deploy?

Thanks in advance.

Red magneto . ;) I brought both .. "just in case"

• Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Member Posts: 1,777 ★★★★
    Grayzo said:

You can keep repeating the fight without revives.

Kabam is just making the game more stressful and boring day by day

Imagine combining stampede ebb flow agg armor on imiw like champ who itself has non contact attacks difficult to parry making it difficult to heavy so ebb and flow protection is pain.
    2nd is romance synergy 1 spot wasted there if u Don't have good romance champ ranked up. And if u are planning to do this legendary sq without romance its extremely extremely painful.

That imiw being super aggressive, throwing sp1 unblockable out of knowhere giving us an extremely high chance of getting clipped and boom. I even got clipped by sp2.

This imiw is probably the most painful boss i faced recently for not at all worth rewards. Never used any items for months on legendary side quest but this imiw drained all. I was using angela rougue and torch for romance synergy.

And its not a cake walk with Angela also maybe theoretically but not practically. This below 15% imiw gives more stress than i have in my entire quite stressful life. So kudos to the dev and kabam!!!!!! U just made thousands feel the sick boring and stressful nature of the game.

The most annoying is to heavy that imiw,
    1st parry wasted in preventing stun reflection. Now u have 7 seconds to parry again and then heavy to stop ebb and flow. If not within 7 sec u heavy again same thing.
    The pain doesn't end on one heavy cause the protection will come back after 12 seconds.
    And u can't wait a lot to proper time the heavy cause every 2 sec that sob is gaining agg armor. So u need to struck him continuously which below 15% is u know.....
    Below 15% nearly autoblocking all and gaining power like crazy. Its like once he three 3 4 sp1 back to back continuously and u can't touch someone when they are hitting sp.. Now imagine all those time dependent nodes mentioned above

And ask yourself honestly is the rewards freaking worth the difficulty?

Hercules solo both paths and boss for me.
    https://youtu.be/ycdojs4ae40
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Member Posts: 595 ★★★
  • zuffyzuffy Member Posts: 2,226 ★★★★★
    If you know how to fight imiw, it’s not that difficult. Just bait his heavy and intercept with your heavy.
  • Dash855Dash855 Member Posts: 239
    I'm guessing you don't have magneto if you're struggling with this so try any true accuracy champ with a romance syn on the team
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,945 Guardian
    i used a ramped up non suicides r5 cmm with nick synergy on the alt to beat in ~30 seconds
  • Normax_XNormax_X Member Posts: 551 ★★★
    i used torch he just nuked him
  • Mario33Mario33 Member Posts: 477 ★★★
    When you saw IMIW just add Red Magneto to the team. With one romance synergy on the team(for example Domino+Colossus), it will be easy to take down.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Member Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    The fact a boss like IMIW exists with the consistent control issues in the game is absurd.

This is why I’ve started skipping side quests. These hard fights are not fun like in story acts or summer of pain, they are annoying an pointless. Even more so with control issues.

Seeing as next month has a peni boss, I can only imagine the node difficultly they have built for her an intend to skip it.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,969 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    One revive with redmag. No revive on the other path with HT and prefight. Both 5/65 sig 200. Not really an achievement but I got it done.

The prefight is great because IMIW looooves throwing that stupid reach SP1 and HT seems really smooth to heavy intercept with.

I probably ran the path 15 timess before I got a good run at the boss. Timing has to be good when heavy intercepting or you'll get roasted.
  • psp742psp742 Member Posts: 2,536 ★★★★
    The Ironman IW at 15% keep power gain and gaining protection instantly that it is super frustrating and dumb.. whoever suggest it should try playing themselves with their actual roster (not the bloated boosted roster of mod) and say yeah that was fun.. I consider myself good player but it is frustrating fight.. I burned thru all the compensation resources and I'm just getting more annoyed with it... Mojo was doable but Ironman IW with the nodes is super annoying.. he ain't even that good in our roster..
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Member Posts: 913 ★★★
    Torch/Medusa for the first part. Venom for the last bit.
  • BuckeyeshaBuckeyesha Member Posts: 206
    Yep..torch /Medusa..let him hit your block, he will throw heavy, when he starts heavy, swipe back 2 times and immediately throw heavy..the timing is perfect for torches heavy..also Hercules/wolverine romance..and add black panther..nuff said.
  • BuckeyeshaBuckeyesha Member Posts: 206
    Yep..torch /Medusa..let him hit your block, he will throw heavy, when he starts heavy, swipe back 2 times and immediately throw heavy..the timing is perfect for torches heavy..also Hercules/wolverine romance..and add black panther..nuff said.
  • Norman_OroNorman_Oro Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2022
    I can understand the frustration. Usually, the fights are really fun, but taking down IMIW in this side quest wasn't. That stated, no one's forcing any of us (I hope) to play Marvel Contest of Champions. If content doesn't suit my roster or play-style, I usually just leave it alone until I'm better prepared and equipped to complete it. I should've done that more in this case, but my ego got in the way. I just had to take that red and gold tormentor down. I was able to eventually get it done with my 5* R5 Hype, but it was a hell mission.
  • LpooLpoo Member Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★

I can understand the frustration. Usually, the fights are really fun, but taking down IMIW in this side quest wasn't. That stated, no one's forcing any of us (I hope) to play Marvel Contest of Champions. If content doesn't suit my roster or play-style, I usually just leave it alone until I'm better prepared and equipped to complete it. I should've done that more in this case, but my ego got in the way. I just had to take that red and gold tormentor down. I was able to eventually get it done with my 5* R5 Hype, but it was a hell mission.

I think the IMIW boss was tough, and the difficulty contrast with that particular fight compared to the rest was very obvious. However, I think it was overall good to throw in a really hard fight. It made me have to focus, and I’d rather one hard fight than a crazy endgame level entire side quest
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Member Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    Snuggzy said:

As the title states, I'm struggling to get past this IMIW. I can clear each path with almost full health, but he blasts through my team like they're made of paper.

What team did you use/tactics did you deploy?

Thanks in advance.

Dont get hit