**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cyber Monday [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Kabam Miike wrote: »
    Hey All,

First of all, thank you all for the feedback on the Cyber Monday offers. It's important to keep in mind that while some of you feel that you have progressed past the point where some of these items are necessary for you, it's important to keep in mind that there are LOTS of players that are at the point in the game where these items are of interest to them. You might not need Tier 4 Class Catalysts or a 5-Star Awakening Gem Crystal, but plenty of players still do.

Sorry kabam Mike, with all do respect; while what your saying is true, it's mostly the end game community of the player base where most the revenue for your game comes from. For months the player base has made it known to your team that we need resources that are not readily available in game. Resources such as t1 and t2 alphas. The one thing we've also expressed is that all endgame players have an abundance of t4 class Catalyst and yet rather then alphas or 5 star shards, what did you give us; more class Catalyst. While it's nice that you want to make resources available to the newer to mid tier players, what about your loyal end game community that feels as if they have been abandoned. The oven offer is usually supposed to Target the players who play this game on a serious level and the only thing we would want is the 5 star Awakening gem that we may or may not need seeing as how we can't control what we get. While these offers may be good for some, I think you'll find the vast majority of the end game player base in agreement with me. Respectfully, I believe I speak for the advanced player base when I say we feel we've been ignored, and it's because you simply don't care to take are input into real consideration. I for one will be putting my wallet away. But I really wanted to purchase things to advance my roster for labrynth, I guess I'll be more frugal from here on out.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Ronnieb54 wrote: »
    This game is dying kabaam isn't even kabaam anymore they were bought by someone else who has no clue I've spent somewhere over 5k on this game since it came out an after the money I completed wasted to get nothing of any use recently will never spend a penny ever again

No they are entirely still Kabam. Netmarble who purchased them has allowed them to continue to run independtly. Big Mistake! Kabam has always been greedy on in game purchases, nothing new here. I have played other Netmarble games and while they are not as fun to play as this is, their virtual items are priced way more reasonable/fairly than Kabam's have ever been. Netmarble really needs to step in on this and overhaul all forms of in game currency and pricing to be more inline with FutureFight. If they could do that but leave the game mechanics and play alone (excluding the bugs) MCOC could be a winner again. I do agree with your conclusion that the game is dying, just not with your reasoning as to why that is happening.
    Go_Grems wrote: »
    Underwhelming is not the word for this horrendous Cyber Monday deal. Not hard at all for 1 time out of the year to offer a 5* gem of our choosing. Total failure with this one. Close to $100k spent on this game, over a course of 3 years. In one of the top 5 alliance’s. My wallet is officially shut down for good. This is pitiful!

Haha yeah until a sale involves a T5 Basic or 6* shards.

Stop your whinging and be thankful you have been able to spend 100k on this, or embarrassed... whichever you decide

This is kind of uncalled for. Nothing for me to be embarrassed about. I'm a top senior construction contractor in NYC, who happens to work for a top corporation. I can afford to spend what I have spent over 3 years in this game. I've been playing way before any kind of crystal shard(s) were even a thought. Either had to grind your eye's out in the 2* arena for a decent 3* roster, then grind away in the 3* arena for a decent 4*. Or, just spend until you gain a decent champ, all the while, duplicate champs and signature abilities were not even a thought yet. No such thing as a T1 Alpha, etc.

Out of curiosity, what has $100K bought you in the game? I am not trying to be rude I am just truly curious. I assume you have 4 r4s or were you able to save/roll/mine enough for a 5th? You probably have a very extensive roster of 5*s with many at r3 just waiting on cats to become more plentiful. And you have beaten all the content via skill and possibly some units on revives (LOL for example). I also assume there is a requirement to spend to compete at the high levels no doubt.

My question goes to the heart of my constant internal struggle to pay or not :). Sometimes I try to justify but keep coming back to ROI. I have been playing just under 2 years. I have only 3 r4s but have my precious SL. I still have LOL completion ahead of me, but no hurry. And I only have a roster of 20 5*. But I have never spent on this game outside of the 3* Hulk donation to whatever charity that was.

You and those like you have more reason to be pissed at current progress and current offers than any of us. Outside of the deeper and arguably richer 5* roster, there isn't much between what we can do and access. You play at a much higher tier no doubt and have the funds to clear content where I arena here and there to build unit reserves and pot reserves. But even the deeper roster does not give you much more flexibility beyond my r5 4* counterparts although I agree that playing a 5* has its advantages with the rank damage mechanism.

Now WHEN cats open up you will again sail WAY beyond me and take advantage of that roster before I ever catch up, but there again is my point. You should be pissed that your time and $100K investment has not yielded a ton more than a FTP fellow gamer. In all honestly I could catch up to you with r4s with a $1K investment right now. The 5* roster depth would take more time but another little investment spread over a few months buying deals and I can spin more than 1 5* every 2-3 weeks.

Again I am raising this because unlike others complaining about the deal, I believe you have a valid claim and frustration. Your time and investment should put you light years ahead of FTP and in no way is that reflective.

6 rank 4’s, with 7 T2A’s in my stash.

@BuzzLightyear I am guessing @Go_Grems is a newer player. Don't think he realizes how we used to have to pay to thousands of units just to reset our masteries or how the only way to get a 4* when they first came out were those horrible 3500 unit offers that still randomly pop up sometimes, or how offers like the ones today would have costed at least twice as much if they were made available a year or 2 ago.
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    Underwhelming is not the word for this horrendous Cyber Monday deal. Not hard at all for 1 time out of the year to offer a 5* gem of our choosing. Total failure with this one. Close to $100k spent on this game, over a course of 3 years. In one of the top 5 alliance’s. My wallet is officially shut down for good. This is pitiful!

Stop your whinging and be thankful you have been able to spend 100k on this, or embarrassed... whichever you decide

This is kind of uncalled for. Nothing for me to be embarrassed about. I'm a top senior construction contractor in NYC, who happens to work for a top corporation. I can afford to spend what I have spent over 3 years in this game. I've been playing way before any kind of crystal shard(s) were even a thought. Either had to grind your eye's out in the 2* arena for a decent 3* roster, then grind away in the 3* arena for a decent 4*. Or, just spend until you gain a decent champ, all the while, duplicate champs and signature abilities were not even a thought yet. No such thing as a T1 Alpha, etc.

Out of curiosity, what has $100K bought you in the game? I am not trying to be rude I am just truly curious. I assume you have 4 r4s or were you able to save/roll/mine enough for a 5th? You probably have a very extensive roster of 5*s with many at r3 just waiting on cats to become more plentiful. And you have beaten all the content via skill and possibly some units on revives (LOL for example). I also assume there is a requirement to spend to compete at the high levels no doubt.

My question goes to the heart of my constant internal struggle to pay or not :). Sometimes I try to justify but keep coming back to ROI. I have been playing just under 2 years. I have only 3 r4s but have my precious SL. I still have LOL completion ahead of me, but no hurry. And I only have a roster of 20 5*. But I have never spent on this game outside of the 3* Hulk donation to whatever charity that was.

You and those like you have more reason to be pissed at current progress and current offers than any of us. Outside of the deeper and arguably richer 5* roster, there isn't much between what we can do and access. You play at a much higher tier no doubt and have the funds to clear content where I arena here and there to build unit reserves and pot reserves. But even the deeper roster does not give you much more flexibility beyond my r5 4* counterparts although I agree that playing a 5* has its advantages with the rank damage mechanism.

Now WHEN cats open up you will again sail WAY beyond me and take advantage of that roster before I ever catch up, but there again is my point. You should be pissed that your time and $100K investment has not yielded a ton more than a FTP fellow gamer. In all honestly I could catch up to you with r4s with a $1K investment right now. The 5* roster depth would take more time but another little investment spread over a few months buying deals and I can spin more than 1 5* every 2-3 weeks.

Again I am raising this because unlike others complaining about the deal, I believe you have a valid claim and frustration. Your time and investment should put you light years ahead of FTP and in no way is that reflective.

6 rank 4’s, with 7 T2A’s in my stash.

@BuzzLightyear I am guessing @Go_Grems is a newer player. Don't think he realizes how we used to have to pay to thousands of units just to reset our masteries or how the only way to get a 4* when they first came out were those horrible 3500 unit offers that still randomly pop up sometimes, or how offers like the ones today would have costed at least twice as much if they were made available a year or 2 ago.

If by new you mean less than 3 years, then yes. Just under 2 years. So the bulk of the $100K was spent early on to get the new 4*s? I joined shortly before 5*s were released. But you further cemented the point. SO much invested, both time and money (early days, grinding, etc) and nothing offered by Kabam to further your advancement. You have 3-4 more r4s than me but blocked to go any further.

In addition this emphasizes the sad state of the game. Someone can join today and be very close to me in less than a year because 4*s are like candy now. Kabam does nothing to reward spend and time invested. So you jump further ahead of others and faster, so what. Just means you hit the wall sooner, have valuable items go to waste sooner and twiddle your thumbs waiting for new content sooner. Not what I expect from such a large investment. Kabam has realized that past a certain point whales are dead and they only focus on creating new whales. They cannot scale their content or the game to feed older whales and can only hope to entice new wales to spend to catch up faster. That is their model. It is sad but it is the cycle. They should do something to reward/entice late game players and especially the long time whales, but they don't care because it is not sustainable. Instead they will focus on those itching to grow fast. From that mindset, today's offers make PERFECT sense. Early stage whales and new comers itching to grow quick will buy these and it has no cost to kabam. Giving late game and advanced players what they NEED does come at a cost.

You deserve more from them, but they will not give it. There is nothing more they can get from you long term. They just hope you will stay around long enough with little pieces of interesting content/challenges and the thrill of beating another top ranked team in AW; until the next big cohort raises in the game and bell curve shifts, and THEN they will release the next wave of advancement opportunities. And they hope you will spend to take advantage of what should have come along months ago.

You hit the nail on the head there! And guessing you do remember how much something as simple as redoing masteries used to cost also. Right on bro!
    @Go_Grems, also for the record I am not a whale just a big fish that has been around for a while. I have spent what is a lot on a video game by my standards (around 5k) over the 2 and half year life of my semi-retired account, but nothing close to others like @BuzzLightyear.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    You could have thrown some t1 alphas on any of those deals. I got t4cc just rotting due to the alpha shortage. This is like the crack epidemic. Also, does anyone know where I can score some crack? I got t4cc to trade. But ONLY cosmic and science! Cause that's balanced!o32fxbqujxx9.png
  • AshtontonicAshtontonic Posts: 63
    A 24 HOURS deal that bugged to be fix, and to fix a bug need weeks, so...
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Reading thru the comments & seeing all the “flag” aka the snitch button on nothing bad at all. Hey geniuses it’s not a dislike button! Lol
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Our last hope is rewards from Act 5.4 lets pray we can get a generic 5* awakening gem from there
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Of course it wouldn't be a generic 5-star awakening gem ... At least they are selling another 5-star awakening gem ...
    The other offers seem okay, but they are expensive due to having a lot of items when a player is only looking for 1/2 of them.

Why do you even comment? Either you work for kabam or want to. If you don't, saying the things you say isn't gonna get you a job there. Just zip it dude. Nobody cares about your support for kabam.
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    Hey All,

First of all, thank you all for the feedback on the Cyber Monday offers. It's important to keep in mind that while some of you feel that you have progressed past the point where some of these items are necessary for you, it's important to keep in mind that there are LOTS of players that are at the point in the game where these items are of interest to them. You might not need Tier 4 Class Catalysts or a 5-Star Awakening Gem Crystal, but plenty of players still do.

Additionally, I want to make you all aware that there is an issue with the purchase limit on the deals in the Unit store. You should be able to purchase more than 1 for most of them if you wish (5 of the Peter Parker's Wallet, 3 of the Star Lord's Loot Bag or Tony Stark's Briefcase, 2 of the Black Panther's treasure.) We're working on getting this fixed right now.

And this is what we call the "out of touch with the player base" response.
  • Damnit Miike I’ll be going for the Odin pack, as long as I don’t get the science gem I’ll be happy. I guess it’s an ok deal, you get the units so I give it an ok deal.

Which offers do you get multiple times at?
  • Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    Our last hope is rewards from Act 5.4 lets pray we can get a generic 5* awakening gem from there

That truly is our last hope. I used my generic AG from doing LOL 100% 8 months ago. If Act 5.4 doesn’t have a generic 5* AG, or if the rewards aren’t as good as they should be, as nodes will be ****, I’m done for good.

• Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    Kabam Miike wrote: »
    Hey All,

Sorry kabam Mike, with all do respect; while what your saying is true, it's mostly the end game community of the player base where most the revenue for your game comes from. For months the player base has made it known to your team that we need resources that are not readily available in game. Resources such as t1 and t2 alphas. The one thing we've also expressed is that all endgame players have an abundance of t4 class Catalyst and yet rather then alphas or 5 star shards, what did you give us; more class Catalyst. While it's nice that you want to make resources available to the newer to mid tier players, what about your loyal end game community that feels as if they have been abandoned. The oven offer is usually supposed to Target the players who play this game on a serious level and the only thing we would want is the 5 star Awakening gem that we may or may not need seeing as how we can't control what we get. While these offers may be good for some, I think you'll find the vast majority of the end game player base in agreement with me. Respectfully, I believe I speak for the advanced player base when I say we feel we've been ignored, and it's because you simply don't care to take are input into real consideration. I for one will be putting my wallet away. But I really wanted to purchase things to advance my roster for labrynth, I guess I'll be more frugal from here on out.

Super end-game player here. I agree with you 100%! This company isso out of touch with their player base, it’s hysterical. I’m also done with these forums for a while now too. They don’t give a flying f**k about how we really feel, either...
  • Unhappy007Unhappy007 Posts: 8
    I’m thinking about walking away from this game! It’s too damn expensive! I’ve spent the money in the past and got a 5* awakening gem I can’t even use it on! So far, 5 of my friends have left. Maybe its just time to leave! I’m really disappointed in these Cyber Monday deals...
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    Unhappy007 wrote: »
    I’m thinking about walking away from this game! It’s too damn expensive! I’ve spent the money in the past and got a 5* awakening gem I can’t even use it on! So far, 5 of my friends have left. Maybe its just time to leave! I’m really disappointed in these Cyber Monday deals...

Yes quite disappointing. A lot of people feel this way also. They are just so out of touch. I mean, why not give a generic 5* awakening...I mean, come on, 6* are coming next year so what's the big deal. They always hold out on us so they can charge us more for things we need. If they drop a few players here and there on the way, who cares right?
  • Roby77kRoby77k Posts: 10
    To Mike and the Rest of Kabam, i read all the comments from you in this thread and i understand all what you are saying. You are right that different players need different things at different states of the Game. But you really miss what the people are complaining about: That player who would need exactly that things you are offering, dont wanna gamble for them! Its not that you put in the wrong items (while they could be little bit more targeted to the needs, like t1a), its the fact that you want us to gamble with our money!

I really hope that the ongoing investigation in Belgium, Hawaii and Australia lead to some regulations, because in my eyes this is exactly gambling and nothing else. I have to pay money and take a chance to get something with value or not for me.

I am not in general against microtransactions (maybe in payed games), but in a free to play Game i understand you need to make money. I am not against the randomness in your Game as long as its about in Gane rewards earned through playing. So make the reward for LOL a randem Gem, make the reward for 5.2 a random Gem, thats ok. But at the Momemt you want people to spend real money to maybe get something useful, you cross a line for me. I want to support you, i want to spend some money on a Game i love. But then you have to give me something in reverse, not make me gamble for it.

And to the comment ist just a bonus to the units that you get for free ihave to correct you. Most people buy this deals because of the Items, not because of the Units. Im sitting on over 6k units, just earned through playing. I would not buy Units in the store. For me the Units are the added Bonus in this Deals and i think most people feel the same.

Best wishes
    Roby
  • DK1825DK1825 Posts: 43
    Time to quit this game
  • ViciousJViciousJ Posts: 256
    Damn no xp boosts deal
  • LosspikLosspik Posts: 253 ★★
    I was ready to drop money on either a 5* generic/choose your own class or a complete t2 alpha (10k units is to much for one) hell I wouldve paid $99 for a generic alone.

but kabams poor at best offers made me shut my wallet fast I'm sitting on 2 mutant & one cosmic awakening gem with no-one to use them on Im not paying $99 for a chance to get another one I don't need (looking for tech).

Its a pity as I don't mind spending on a game I play as much as I do with this one ($1000+ since I started) I guess ill have a few more beers for my holiday in december Thanks Kabam!!

• ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    It’s good to see people finally waking up
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Agreed with an earlier poster, if act 5 exploration doesn’t reward a generic 5 star awakening gem then I’ll quit on principle.
  • HahaNuHahaNu Posts: 43
    I need a science 5* awakening gem, got already skill gem that is no use for me, any other class won`t help me.. so just because is randomly and so far randomly=****(in therms of champs always) I won`t give you 100$, maybe next time. It would had been nice to be an offer class gem + sig stones as you did with 4* in the past.
  • SlambooySlambooy Posts: 8
    Am I the only one that wanted T1A's?????? I can't rank anything right now.. Ridiculous. I have 22 T4B and overflow of Class Cats too.
  • HahaNuHahaNu Posts: 43

Yes, you are right... but let`s see the other part, you are lucky to have a duped 5* SL, well difference it that from my first 5 5* crystal I got 3xIron Patriot, AntMan and YJ.. going further I achieved champs like Groot, Magneto, 90`s Cyclop, Moon Knight, etc... there I got one Hulk that I hope to dupe him for 2-3 months already(i got him in his first month as 5*) but that doesn`t ever happen, I finished 5.3 100% to hope for a science gem(of course I got skill) ..then I say ok, maybe I will spend some money and buy an offer where they will give me a science awakening gem.. well they sell an awakening gem crystal that more than sure will bring me some differente class than I need cause they always to the same. Tell me then... How the f... can I progress in this game? and by the way if it matter I play in a top 300 alliance.
This discussion has been closed.