**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thanks kabam for 7.4 until…

nahhornenahhorne Posts: 76 ★★
The option of choice being taken away feels violating and predatory. For months ive spent my sigs and catalysts in a certain way to set my account up to be as good as it can be. Now I pulled a skill 3-4 gem and i’m back to square one. Couple this with the offer of a lifetime for completion and 7.4 went from my favorite chapter in story mode to a predatory RNG fest.

Comments

• nahhornenahhorne Posts: 76 ★★
    For people asking, yes ive finished everything (not the new carinas but im not worried about that right now). Yes i have every meta skill champion. The problem is i’d have to invest 160+ sig stones into any of these champs if i wanted to r4.
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    You would probably have brought a skill to rank 4 eventually, you might even forget who your first was at a certain point
    Lpoo said:

You would probably have brought a skill to rank 4 eventually, you might even forget who your first was at a certain point

doubt it, they have dog water prestige or an irrelevant sig ability
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Why must you spend Sigs again? Does the Gem not work without them?

Could be a prestige thing

Why must you spend Sigs again? Does the Gem not work without them?

prestige

nahhorne said:

For people asking, yes ive finished everything (not the new carinas but im not worried about that right now). Yes i have every meta skill champion. The problem is i’d have to invest 160+ sig stones into any of these champs if i wanted to r4.

Good thing you just got 200 then I guess

and sink them into someone who doesn’t need them/:
    DNA3000 said:

nahhorne said:

Almost like it was on purpose.
    throwing 199 sigs into thor ragnorok or hit monkey is very consensual very fun way to enjoy the game 😆😆😆😆
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    nahhorne said:

DNA3000 said:

nahhorne said:

Almost like it was on purpose.
    throwing 199 sigs into thor ragnorok or hit monkey is very consensual very fun way to enjoy the game 😆😆😆😆
    If I cared about prestige, I would probably pick Rags. I don't, so I put all my sig stones into Herc, Namor, and Aegon.

That choice the game presents to players is deliberate: if the game made all of the best prestige choices also the best sig up choices in general, the whales would be able to automatically corner both prestige and power simultaneously. Instead, the game forces most players to choose, to make the prestige chase non-trivial. Chasing prestige is honestly pretty expensive in both time and money, and it is one of the ways the game funds its existence without impacting most of the players of the game.

When players pour resources into making themselves more powerful, they also make the average content in the game harder, because the content is balanced around averages. When they pour resources into chasing each other's prestige around the block, sure there are power benefits associated with that but the vast majority of those resources do not go into things that make the game harder for everyone else. That's ultimately why it is how it is. It is a way to monetize the game with the lowest impact on everyone else outside the bigger spenders in general.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

nahhorne said:

nahhorne said:

and sink them into someone who doesn’t need them/:
    If you want to play the prestige game, and rank a champ you want, and only put sigs into champs who need it, and get the exact class you want, AND to not have RNG in a game fundamentally built on RNG then that’s something beyond having your cake and eating it.
    In this game that would be entering American Pie territory.
  • I was waiting for a rewards complaint from this. This was a stretch though
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

nahhorne said:

actually, you can go ahead and use the r4 gem on any champ, regardless of sig. even if they're unawakened! nick especially is great at sig 1
    That's like putting rims on a hoopty ....
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Thor ragnarok to rank 4 plus his prestige is amazing after his buff he is super solid to play... with Odin pre fights he can simply nuke opponents.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    nahhorne said:

I figured this is what you really meant before everyone hopped on and jumped down your throat. The lack of 6* sig stones in the game especially when the farmable ones (Cav EQ) are RNG, can be very frustrating. I get it. I too have every rank 4 option in each class to combat the RNG gem buuuut I won't look forward to a science or cosmic 3-4 gem because then that would mean the sigs for my intended second r4 (Kitty) would be compromised AND on top of it all, I would have to likely use a generic awakening, for either one, to go along with 199 sig stones. Why? Because the other awakening gem in the Act 7 is RNG and would be a skill awakening gem based on how much I've gotten those on my account. The two champs for me in question are Overseer or Knull btw. I'd be happy to bring either to r4 but I'd either have to whale out during spring cleaning or wait the bulk of year to get Kitty to sig 200.

Anyway, I say all that to say, that the dearth of sig stones in the game takes the joy out of the 3-4 gem for me because yeah, Sig stones are an absolute must and the champ that you intentionally want to take to r4 gets the **** end of it. I "overstand" your gripe.