**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

Could Act 6 get the treatment Act 4 got?

SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
edited April 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Now that Act 7 is out and Act 8 on the horizon. Could we see the possibility of removing paths in act 6 to make it feel like less of a grind.

Could Act 6 get the treatment Act 4 got? 149 votes

Change Act 6 To Have Less Paths (similar to act 4)
54%
SiliyoA_rock007Carmel1Carnage313heruheru511EaglesFlyHighEquinooxLuciusVorenusSpeedbumpFitnesscwbecokastbuttersDe_Potato_SaladLiquidkoldRaichu626SociopathDooberman420FloorKilleretgddhjjJChanceH9 81 votes
Act 6 shouldn’t be changed
45%
GamerLeNoirFaineantWorld EaterIndrick781CristalmanJadedPwf57QuikPikNojokejaymCupidpseudosaneTheHeroDeservedAckbar67Wicket329dfmoore26joke1004RickGrimes_King73PintzzRockyshockySnakep 68 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    No, the length isn’t that bad.
  • Options

Jaded said:

6.2.4 has like 12 paths, that’s 2 quests in act 7
    Jeez, you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. Every level in 6.2 has 10 paths. 4 paths more then act 7 levels. How many lanes that are in act 6 isn’t the problem.
  • Options
    edited March 2022

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jeez, you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. Every level in 6.2 has 10 paths. 4 paths more then act 7 levels. How many lanes that are in act 6 isn’t the problem.
    Literally go into 6.2.4 and count bro 🤡 unless those single dotted lines don’t count then still 10 paths for a quest is still too long
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/141380/continue-to-explore-the-battlerealm-with-carina-in-act-6-chapter-2/p1

Instead of being on the forums complaining about how many lanes there are, just get in there and get them done.

(There is 10 lanes in 6.2.4, I did count them. I’m also 100% all story quests)
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,919 ★★★★★
    If they change it to less paths I want compensation for my time.
  • Options
    De_Potato_SaladDe_Potato_Salad Posts: 471 ★★★
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Literally go into 6.2.4 and count bro 🤡 unless those single dotted lines don’t count then still 10 paths for a quest is still too long
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/141380/continue-to-explore-the-battlerealm-with-carina-in-act-6-chapter-2/p1

Instead of being on the forums complaining about how many lanes there are, just get in there and get them done.

There are more then 10 but I’m guessing you only have to complete 10 as the single lines are just connector points no?
  • Options
    De_Potato_SaladDe_Potato_Salad Posts: 471 ★★★
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Also I don’t NEED to get in there and do them I’ve already got act 7 100% act 6 rewards aren’t what I need
  • Options
    JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★

Now that Act 7 is out and Act 8 on the horizon. Could we see the possibility of removing paths in act 6 to make it feel like less of a grind.

The number of paths it's not the issue,
  • Options
    NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★

If they change it to less paths I want compensation for my time.

Exactly
  • Options
    Strangecraft069Strangecraft069 Posts: 183

I don't have act 6 100%, but i still don't want it nerfed, it would take away the exclusivity of 'breaker of thrones'; it does and should hold the misery for all
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I think it’d be a decent move to just make it a bit more user friendly, there’s far too many paths that are identical except for 1-2 fights and it seems like a waste of energy to just fight Ironman again
  • Options
    Steam97Steam97 Posts: 110 ★★
    They should work first on act 5 to reduce the number of paths before maybe thinking of doing it for act 6 considering act 6 has already been nerfed.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    While personally I’d like less paths (that’s the only contributing factor for not wanting to explore it honestly), I don’t think they will for a long time. At least not until the rewards for it are so much more insignificant for those that have already explored it, similar to how they reduced energy costs for Act 4 in the past before ultimately reducing the paths. Remember when they reduced the Act 1-4 paths, those who had long completed it didn’t receive anything in return for the changes (with the exception of those who has recently done act 4 when the energy costs were 3 per tile who got some refills as compensation IIRC).

Either way right now, I’m not personally bothered as I have no intent or will to explore Act 6 currently so whether they were to change it or not doesn’t affect how I’m going to play the game in the immediate future.
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Every player should go through the rite of passage so they feel a sense of satisfaction and better skilled. Act 4 and 5 were our rite of passages that we had to go through the issue with act 6 is not the paths but the nodes are complete BS.
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Ive explored everything but 2 back issue variants, abyss, and act 6.

Sure, i'm still chucking away at act 6 paths, but honestly only when EQ/SQ is done and I have items in my stash expiring. I'm more than 50% explored for the act, but yeah by comparison it is a lot of paths.

Honestly I was using some of the Carina challenges to clear paths I hadn't yet done in act 6. Two birds one stone. But some of those quests do have an absurd amount of paths and energy requirements.

Even if they don't get rid of some of the paths, maybe at least lower some of the gate requirements. bringing 4x 5* of the same class for certain paths is just silly.
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I don't think it needs less paths, but I'd be down for the removal of a lot of those empty nodes that just waste your energy.
  • Options
    Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Think the people who say no are those who've done it and either want to not have wasted energy or are sadists who want others to experience the same pain as them
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,924 ★★★★★
    Pls fix it i beg of you
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,324 ★★★★★
    Xva23 said:

Think the people who say no are those who've done it and either want to not have wasted energy or are sadists who want others to experience the same pain as them

Do you mean to say that those who are saying yes are the entitled group who want rewards to just be handed to them without having to work for it? Try not to psychoanalyze anyone online based on an opinion they have.