**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

7 stars and Rank 5 resources.

2»

Comments

• 318Chubz318Chubz Posts: 121 ★★
    NO!!! NO!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! PLEASE GOD, NO!!! NO!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! NO!!!
  • PowerOfACandlePowerOfACandle Posts: 334 ★★★
    They should make more resources available first. I don't think we need 7 stars in the game. There's lack of resources in the game.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    AouxWoux said:

Almost a year ago, the first rank 4 came to the game, only the high spenders had access to them, but now, with act 7 rewards and the unit deal, people have multiple rank 4s. Some top players even have 5 rank 4s.

I believe it is the time for rank 5 resources. What does the community think about this? Is it too early or too late...?

Should we get 7 stars before?

Way too early
  • RicoShayRicoShay Posts: 220 ★★
    I think that 7* champions don't actually have a real need and won't even be account changing, at least when they are introduced. Similar to 6*'s introduction the pool was very small and had very few champs worth bragging about. The game needs to reach a point where a 7* won't break the game economy before they decide it's worthwhile. But in the meantime, until a slightly above average player can have a r5 6* and several r4 6*'s there really isn't a need for 7*'s. As for rank 5's we've barely had r4's in the greater community and if kabam were to go forward with r5 materials it would again cause upset due to the pay to access nature of champs in the past
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    I don't know why people are so opposed to a new Rarity. Would you prefer the game ends after 6* R5?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I don't know why people are so opposed to a new Rarity. Would you prefer the game ends after 6* R5?

You’re forgetting that people aren’t saying “don’t do 7*s, or anything else to continue progression”. It isn’t a binary 7*s or nothing. I think some are just getting a bit tired of the same rat race for the next progression - where it’s a new star level.

Me personally, I’d like to see something new to push progression rather than 7*s, or at the very least, something as an interim progression so we can have a bit more time than the gap between 5*s and 6*s before 7*s get here.

I didn’t mind the move from 5*s to 6*s, and I didn’t mind the move from 4*s to 5*s. But I minded the second repeat of the rat race a little more than the first, and I’ll definitely mind the third repeat if it goes from 6*s to 7*s. I likely won’t quit, I love this game, but I won’t enjoy it as much doing the same again and again.

Give us some more time, let us progress by chasing relics, or some new version of progression instead of a repeat and rebrand of star level. I don’t want to be chasing 6* R5s and 7*s at the same time personally.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,646 Guardian

Zeraphan said:

Screw 7* champs. I like many others will probably quit the game if they introduce them. I’m F2P so when I invest in a champ, I’m gonna be ticked if I get the next star level. Like what’s the point in working on my 6* roster at that point?

But you didn't quit when they introduced 6* champs and you had spent all that time developing 5* champs?
    And you didn't quit when they introduced 5* champs and you had spent all that time developing 4* champs?
    I do definitely understand that logic, and I used to think it myself, but I also would just ask would you think that about 9*s, or 15*s, or 38* champions if we got there?
    Yes.

The core issue is investment. People want to invest in something, and they want that investment to pay off. They don't want that investment to depreciate or disappear. If the game introduces a new rarity tier, in effect we're all starting over. We aren't all starting over in the same place: players with stronger rosters will have a greater capacity to acquire those new things, but we all start with zero of them. The difference between investment being valuable to start the next tier and investment not directly carrying on to the next tier is a bridge too far for many players.

Problem is, if we don't do this, we run into a different problem. If every new progress tier preserves everyone's prior investments, then everyone's pile of stuff just keeps getting higher and higher. Their advantage magnifies over time. Eventually, new players will find that veteran advantage completely insurmountable. That makes the game hostile to new players.

The obvious response is to say that the game should reward its existing players over hypothetical players. But that kind of thinking doesn't work for F2P games. MCOC"s "customer base" isn't static. It is constantly turning over. So making things cater to the existing players at the expense of making them hostile to future players seals its fate: the game now has a ticking clock to doomsday where its existing players slowly drift away and no new ones take their place, and nobody wants to spend money to keep such a thing on life support, and it spirals quickly into maintenance mode.

Very clever game developers can disguise this stuff, but they cannot escape the problem. I didn't mention six stars or seven stars. It doesn't matter if the next thing is seven stars or something else entirely. Whatever it is, it either preserves and carries forward prior investment or it does not. If it does, the game's doomed. If it doesn't, the existing players are screwed and have to deal with it. You have to pick your poison. Every progressional game that is lucky enough to even last this long ultimately has to pick one.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,292 ★★★★
    Not eager for 7* any time soon.. there are still some champions only available as 5*.. and not everyone has a sizable 6* roster that is ranked up, it is onky recent that summoners can rank4 and will probably be some more time before 6* can reach rank5
  • KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 223 ★★★
    I’d prefer they did something along the lines of a “second awakening” type thing so that if you roll a champion you have at rank 5 200/200 you get the opportunity to select a unique buff (from 3 random buffs) that is permanently added to that character nothing ridiculously OP but something that adds additional utility to your favourite champion. Each time you rolled the champion again you’d get the opportunity to swap out the ability as a different set of 3 buffs would appear. Similar to how “god roll” type weapons appear in some battle royale games or destiny 2 for example.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited March 2022
    They’ll come along eventually I should think, I’m not advocating for them now but this time next year I’ll probably have the vast majority of 6* with the exception of a free brand new/exclusives and I think at that point this game will stagnate at little bit with no hunting aspect to it.

Relics will have to be very unique to bring that same thrill
  • GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Posts: 150

They can get 2x. The offers don't offer nearly enought for the third one

I have 3.
    I have 9/9 on Carina 1
    9/9 on Carina 2
    I explored SoP
    I explored Gauntlet
    I explored act 7
    I picked up the r4 material unit offer last year
    I picked up the 1.5 of each unit offer for act 7 completion

• RvzRvz Posts: 179 ★★
    edited April 2022
    Maybe they’re gonna introduce 7 stars with different forms but same purpose. We might not see 7 stars directly but some other substitutes. They’re not giving up the most profitable part (champions rarity) in the game.