**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New Champion Rankings… flawed concept

While I appreciate the idea and I actually think the categories are an accurate composite of champion value, the individual ratings seem inaccurate and misleading for the regular player.

For example, Sunspot has a perfect rating for ease of use..? Really? His play style of parry and then hold block to regain incinerate charges is very difficult to master and it usually leads to normal players getting hit. Meanwhile, Thing has a 1 for ease of use which is also highly inaccurate in my opinion. If anything, Thing is much easier to play than Sunspot - all a player has to do with Thing is literally just play. He’ll naturally get the rock stacks converted to furies even if a player isn’t mindful of it. Overall, these ratings mislead the newer player rather than help them in my opinion. Your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    The_HoTUThe_HoTU Posts: 445 ★★
    Can you share link for champion ranking
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    I totally agree with your thoughts on both players.

Yep, the ranking system is flawed on all different manners and ways. It also ignores synergies. How can on earth value the effectiveness and utility of CapIW for example, or KM without their synergies...? Not to add that there are damage that provide burst damage in short fights, other need quite a ramp up and others that only shine in very long content. All these things are not addressed in the ranking system...
  • Options
    TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 740 ★★★
    The_HoTU said:

Can you share link for champion ranking

https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/champion-attributes/
  • Options
    TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 740 ★★★
    Why dont CapIW have the same rating in Ease of Use as Sunspot? Its basically the same rotation for damage? Cap scores 3/5 and Sunspot 5/5.
  • Options
    HunkyRangerHunkyRanger Posts: 78
    how does rating a champion makes him more useful or less useful? Suppose we rate superior Iron man 5/5 on a certain attributes still how can he become better champ unless he gets buffed. This is all non sense. Kabam please bring back the buff program, much better can be achieved through buffs instead spending effort on this new system
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    The concept itself is fine, damage could be a bit more nuanced - short/medium/long should be sub categories. I think that it’s something that should be a good barometer for new players and it’d give you an idea of what a new champion is going to be good at.

My concern is how the numbers themselves have been reached.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

While I appreciate the idea and I actually think the categories are an accurate composite of champion value, the individual ratings seem inaccurate and misleading for the regular player.

For example, Sunspot has a perfect rating for ease of use..? Really? His play style of parry and then hold block to regain incinerate charges is very difficult to master and it usually leads to normal players getting hit. Meanwhile, Thing has a 1 for ease of use which is also highly inaccurate in my opinion. If anything, Thing is much easier to play than Sunspot - all a player has to do with Thing is literally just play. He’ll naturally get the rock stacks converted to furies even if a player isn’t mindful of it. Overall, these ratings mislead the newer player rather than help them in my opinion. Your thoughts?

Sunspot is in no way “difficult to master”.

Anyway, how does one example of your opinion butting heads with Kabam’s mean this is a “flawed concept”? Seems like an over-reaction.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I wish it was just a page showing the strengths and weaknesses of a champion. No need to rate them…

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

Sunspot.....is hard to play?? I'd like to know what you think of professor X

This is my thought exactly. Parry is unlocked very, very early in the game. If you haven' mastered parry I can understand where there might be an issue but Sunspot has to be one of the easiest champs to understand.
    5 hit combo.
    Parry
    Hold heavy
    Release
    Parry
    Hold heavy
    SP1.
    Rinse and repeat for 3 or 4 flare states and SP2.

I don't see how that could be considered difficult.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022
    If I had to guess, I’d say the reason for Cap’s ease of use being lower than Sunspot’s is because of his awakened ability. It requires a certain knowledge of team building and thinking outside of the actual fight itself.

So yes, parry/heavy/sp2 for Cap is super easy, barely an inconvenience. But knowing to bring along a skill champ to handle certain paths, or a tech, science, and cosmic champ while running the despair mastery to reverse healing requires a bit of game knowledge that Sunspot doesn’t need.

Ease of Use is better described as Ease of Best Use. How easy is it to get *the most* out of a champion, rather than how easy it is to play passably with them.