**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

Masteries, the final straw

Daemian13_Daemian13_ Posts: 8
edited April 2022 in General Discussion
Masteries obviously by now should be easier to edit, quicker to edit, and totally free. The fact that Kabam is now planning to take away the free part of masteries is totally pathetic and a clear example of an unwilling culture, a culture that emphasizes profit at every turn. I'd be willing to pay a monthly subscription to play this game, and I mean like 5$, for the most basic basics, of which masteries are 1. I already used 80 mystic columns or whatever they're called, now I'm going to pay also? Kabam is truly the worst.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,218 ★★★★★
    Mastery changes were free for one week, and it was advertised as such, so not sure what you're on about.

Mastery changes should not be free IMO. But I would support ways to make changing it quicker to do.
  • Options
    HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 414 ★★★
    edited April 2022

Masteries obviously by now should be easier to edit, quicker to edit, and totally free. The fact that Kabam is now planning to take away the free part of masteries is totally pathetic and a clear example of an unwilling culture, a culture that emphasizes profit at every turn. I'd be willing to pay a monthly subscription to play this game, and I mean like 5$, for the most basic basics, of which masteries are 1. I already used 80 mystic columns or whatever they're called, now I'm going to pay also? Kabam is truly the worst.

Masteries are not to be exchanged for free.
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,121 ★★★★★

Mastery changes were free for one week, and it was advertised as such, so not sure what you're on about.

Mastery changes should not be free IMO. But I would support ways to make changing it quicker to do.

why shouldnt they be free?
    Why should they? This is a for-profit game. Also, it’s not like they require money. Everything can be unlocked with resources obtained by playing the game.
  • Options

What free part are they taking away? All I have heard is that they aren't going to allow free mastery changes during the next Battlegrounds Beta.

Not saying I think Masteries should stay exactly the same, but this isn't like a major blow to how they have always done them, nor is it saying that they will not improve in the future. It was just a nice, one-time thing.

I think you mean Mystic cores, and how are you having to "pay" for the mystic dispersion now? Because you changed your masteries after they alerted you that they would go back to the normal cost?

What does changing masteries entail? What good is stripping my masteries for free? So I can play like a naked, drunk ass in socks? Of they're making changes to masteries then they're making them cost more or they're taking away the free recovery part. The whole process should be free. What's the argument.
  • Options
    OGAvenger said:

Why should they? This is a for-profit game. Also, it’s not like they require money. Everything can be unlocked with resources obtained by playing the game.
    A for profit game? For whom? So you're cool with kabam making us spend for something we worked so hard to populate. It used to cost - a lot - to even strip the masteries. It was a win to get thar to be free. And you think that to maintain the for profit nature of this game, we shouldn't get to make those changes at-will depending on the fight. Ok man.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    They gave u a free change for a week so u could test BGs... What is the big deal ...
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,341 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022

OGAvenger said:

So you negated your own point. They dont do it for the money, just to annoy players into making an arbitrary choice?
    No and no. There are consequences to swapping Masteries so liberally. They affect the playing experience, the game, and the Players. It's not just to hock people off, and it's not to make money.
  • Options
    It's all money. It all funnels into units which they hope we buy with money
  • Options

Because then you would change them for every fight, defeating the purpose of limited mastery options.
    Oh so you're privy to the purpose of masteries then. How about zero masteries. That's pretty limited. So they are OK when they listen to us about some things but not masteries if they listen to the opinion of someone besides you.
  • Options

Because then you would change them for every fight, defeating the purpose of limited mastery options.
    There is no actual purpose beyond annoyance. You arent locked into them, just have to keep paying units to make that change regardless. It is unnecessary and pointless.

OGAvenger said:

So you negated your own point. They dont do it for the money, just to annoy players into making an arbitrary choice?
    No and no. There are consequences to swapping Masteries so liberally. They affect the playing experience, the game, and the Players. It's not just to hock people off, and it's not to make money.
    Pray, tell me what?
    If you are playing in a serious alliance, you are changing masteries ALL THE TIME.
    I agree they affect the playing experience. Changing masteries for free provides less of a deterrrent to use more champions in content, which would actually impact the game positively because now ALL champions are fair game to ALL players. It is isnt suicide based champs ,and those that cant play with suicides.
  • Options

OGAvenger said:

Yeah ok. Kabam is so wise. We are the customer. Masteries are for us to do with what we want. And did they ask what we thought would be reasonable to charge? No. They don't need input. And you love that, because you only like to argue with people who post anti kabam messages. Hey maybe you'll be July's new hero.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,166 ★★★★★
    The actual, legitimate argument for maintaining a cost associated with masteries was one I saw put forward by @DNA3000. Essentially, your mastery loadout is supposed to be a choice, and that choice is supposed to have consequences.

You make trade offs when you make your decisions, such as whether to run the recoil tree or mystic dispersion or something else. If you were able to infinitely swap around your masteries with ease, it wouldn’t feel like you ever had to make that tradeoff. It’s a gameplay choice, not simply an attempt to siphon off a small number of units.

Which is why we just saw in the Battlegrounds update a mention of having mode-specific mastery load outs. That way you wouldn’t need to swap around your masteries and spend those units when you transition from Battlegrounds to story content to placing war defenders to running AQ to war attack, etc, etc.

I’d be very okay with that kind of loadout system, so long as we get some time to set up our pages for free before locking them behind the current cost system. I almost never change my masteries unless I’m turning on liquid courage and double edge for some massive health pool content like Abyss (or 3* RoL challenges)
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

The actual, legitimate argument for maintaining a cost associated with masteries was one I saw put forward by @DNA3000. Essentially, your mastery loadout is supposed to be a choice, and that choice is supposed to have consequences.

You make trade offs when you make your decisions, such as whether to run the recoil tree or mystic dispersion or something else. If you were able to infinitely swap around your masteries with ease, it wouldn’t feel like you ever had to make that tradeoff. It’s a gameplay choice, not simply an attempt to siphon off a small number of units.

Which is why we just saw in the Battlegrounds update a mention of having mode-specific mastery load outs. That way you wouldn’t need to swap around your masteries and spend those units when you transition from Battlegrounds to story content to placing war defenders to running AQ to war attack, etc, etc.

I’d be very okay with that kind of loadout system, so long as we get some time to set up our pages for free before locking them behind the current cost system. I almost never change my masteries unless I’m turning on liquid courage and double edge for some massive health pool content like Abyss (or 3* RoL challenges)

I disagree with that point of view put out by DNA. His opinion applies to RPGs, which this game definitely isnt. It is a deck builder game, and it would make sense if your choice locked you in like an RPG. Rather you can just unit your way out of it as many times as you want, so it isnt a choice, rather just a unit gate, which makes the rest of the rguments invalid.
  • Options

OGAvenger said:

Yeah ok. Kabam is so wise. We are the customer. Masteries are for us to do with what we want. And did they ask what we thought would be reasonable to charge? No. They don't need input. And you love that, because you only like to argue with people who post anti kabam messages. Hey maybe you'll be July's new hero.
    Wise has nothing to do with it. They create the game, choose the experience they want people to have, and work to maintain the health of their product. Just because you want it doesn't mean it's what's best for the game, or for the Players.
  • Options

Wicket329 said:

I disagree with that point of view put out by DNA. His opinion applies to RPGs, which this game definitely isnt. It is a deck builder game, and it would make sense if your choice locked you in like an RPG. Rather you can just unit your way out of it as many times as you want, so it isnt a choice, rather just a unit gate, which makes the rest of the rguments invalid.
    It's an MMORPG.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,364 ★★★★★

"Truly the worst" Where have you been all the past years? Masteries aren't new. You said in the post that was deleted you are a spender.. so if they are truly the worst, why care so much about this? Why are you still playing?
  • Options
    ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★

Wicket329 said:

It's an MMORPG.
    Not that it really matters to this topic, but this is definitely not a MMORPG
This discussion has been closed.