**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Free to play Algorithm

Kopara7Kopara7 Posts: 52
edited April 2022 in General Discussion
So is there an algorithm that keeps free to play players from getting good champs? I used to get good pulls when I spent money on the game. Now that I don’t, that’s definitely changed. Has anyone else had this problem?
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
    Opening crystals is like playing the lottery. It’s possible that no matter how many crystals you open you may never get the results you are looking for.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    No
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Not necessary i got ghost prif x and doom wiithout spending
  • No. People who spend may see "better" pulls because a lot of times the buy in bulk. I don't spend anymore and I've gotten some amazing pulls from this 6* feature alone. It is RNG and bad RNG comes in waves
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    My alt is F2P. First 10 5* included Herc, MrF, Apoc, Voodoo
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Mainly f2p account with many god tiers here. The times I payed were years ago and I got **** like Green Goblin, and rocket Raccoon
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    You’ll see posts in the forums breaking up the math and saying that everything is fine. I’ll keep my tinfoil hat on.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I used to wonder if there were just certain accounts that had good RNG. I went like 0-26 on the old 20% featured crystals and had a guy in my alliance that literally got the featured champ with 1 or 2 tries every time. It drove me nuts. I would still say that I've been on the unlucky side most of my career. But it's never made a difference whether I've spent or not spent. It's just luck. There are no account specific algorithms. The game doesn't scan your items to see what you don't need. It doesn't unlock the good crystal pulls to spend. Kabam has many flaws, but they aren't just flat out lying to everyone about how crystals work.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Kopara7 said:

So is there an algorithm that keeps free to play players from getting good champs? I used to get good pulls when I spent money on the game. Now that I don’t, that’s definitely changed. Has anyone else had this problem?

I spend often and for the past month my pulls have been terrible. RNG.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★

Kopara7 said:

You spend money on the game (help Kabam paying the bills, keep this game free for F2P players etc.) then you should also have a much better chance for pulling good stuff. Unfortunately I don't think that's the case but
    but I would have ZERO issues with that approach. Just common sense.
    Making paying players get ahead more than they already are is not a good idea.
    Your analogies fail.
    Money should not make you entitled to better stuff in-game.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    I'm a big spender and can tell you it zero impact on your pulls other than you have more opportunities. I dropped $600 on Omega Sentinel Cavs and only got the 5* once out of all 60 crystals.

I've opened probably 20ish, if not more, featured 6* crystals and no kitty Pryde or Anti-Venom. Pulled Knull once and Ikaris and Sersi.

If what you say is true, I should have every top champ in the game duped.
  • Knullvoid235Knullvoid235 Posts: 158
    My 4th 6 star was CGR and my first Cav crystal I bought with units gave me a 6* Longshot. I haven't spent any money on this game. RNG is RNG
  • Hey there, just to reiterate what others have already said, there are not separate algorithms, drop rates, etc. for those who spend or don't spend. They're the same for everyone.
This discussion has been closed.