Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

How to defeat permanent regen Magneto in chap 4.2.6?

Comments

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,824 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    I did it last night and found AA worked well.

Congrats! I managed to clear Chapter 2 and need to go back a Chapter to face Starburst.

Looks like has to rank up SIM, IM, WWII, Guillotine, Vision (AOU), Hawkeye, Ronan and a few others since I don't have the 4* equivalent.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,254 ★★★★★
    Used a 4/40 SW. Be aggressive and don't worry cause Act 4 opponents don't sp3. She doesn't need to be duped to work on him. It's just a nullify fest.
  • Options
    I just defeated him with a 4 star Archangel. Neurotoxin was the key. Bleed and Poison both helped greatly. Never did the heal block or anything else. Just kept timing my Parry and using my SP1 and hitting him when I could. All the poison and bleed and neurotxin just ate away at his Regen....especially if you get those effects to dupe with multuple hits.
  • Options
    supergokusupergoku Posts: 41
    fight fire with fire... i'm using magneto *4 4/40 sp2 once and he never regen again
  • Options
    eromaticseromatics Posts: 2
    I killed him in 54 hits with DS at r4. I made a video because this keeps comming up.

check out my video of this fight
    https://youtu.be/tv696_vUOrA
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    I was lucky enough to have a highly duped 4* SW she would nullify the regen every time it came up. Have also heard a duped DS can do it with his counter spell
  • Options
    I just tore through him with my 5* 3/5 Archangel. The neurotoxin/poison counter acts the regen. Would be even better if duped.
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    I used the Duck, his SP2 got me through it.
  • Options
    TheRealmKeeperTheRealmKeeper Posts: 213
    Don’t know if if still works but I healblocked and beat him with a 3* magneto back in the day. His regen never returned
  • Options
    Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    duped Void that's all ima say or gully sp2
  • Options
    ss1100ss1100 Posts: 365
    Born wrote: »
    Yondu.

10 second heal block on SP1, 20 seconds if they are regenning when you place the debuff.

Lolx was wondering if some1 gonna mention yondu while i was reading. i used yondu. trashed it till i get 1 bar then the rest is history. spam that sp1 n bleed him out at the same time.
  • Options
    S_GrungiS_Grungi Posts: 69
    I used 4* Yondu and spammed sp1. That heal block did the trick
  • Options
    GAM3RGUYGAM3RGUY Posts: 203
    Dr voodoo is one of ur best bets go your sp3 build around 10-13 loas and keep Spamming sp1 the poison will out damage the heal
  • Options
    TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Just go with your Voodoo, the more poison you have, the less regen he will get
  • Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited March 2018
    When i was exploring Act 4 a long ago, I renember that Magneto didn't seem any frustrating to me. I easily defeated him with a 4* 4/40 Duped Rocket Raccoon. If you have him try. I guess any heavy hitter or heal block champ (Like Yondu or AA) are good too.
  • Options
    Warofgods13514Warofgods13514 Posts: 202
    Keep restarting until magento gets heal block from gambler' s fate
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,150 ★★★
    Scarlet Witch was my saving grace and she was a maxed 3* at the time..too bad they needed her but at least I got a duped 4* SW now
  • Options
    Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    Just a few suggestions:

Duped SL
    Guilly
    Any champ with reliable heal block
    AA

If you have no reliable champs to counter his regen, you can always keep backing out of the fight and go back in until his random effect is heal block. It's bush league, but still an option.
  • Options
    Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    RealPastor wrote: »
    Killed him 2 minutes ago. Just 4* 5/50 Hyp, some heavyes, and some sp2/sp3. 46 hits at all, and I'm not so good in this game.

Lol. Of course an r5 4* will do it easily. Where's the fun/skill in that?
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Hmm mordo could be useful his sp2 reduces healing by 70% plus he doesnt get magnetized

Who dafuq flagged this for Abuse?
  • Options
    Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    edited March 2018
    AA, Yondu,SW,SL , dormammu, etc. if you have any of these then try , they are more useful to counter regen.
  • Options
    Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    Wonder why nobody suggested Archangel, he is metal but he doesn't get magnetized because he is immune to ability accuracy reduction. I find best against mags and you only need 1 neuro to stop the Regen.
  • Options
    May17May17 Posts: 15
    Just defeated magneto with 5* 3/5,unduped, Wolverine x-23 because I lucked out with magneto getting a random heal block at the start of a fight. On the same run also lucked out with magneto got dealt with a healing block at the start, but I couldn’t finish the fight with 29% or so health left, with Punisher 2099 5* 2/5, unduped, perhaps because I wasted most of my sp’s on 1&2 which magneto blocked them every time when I execute them immediately following some hits on him first. Tried Punisher 2099 again on a revive,but this time magneto did not get dealt a random heal block at the start, but didn’t get very far; I think it slowed down the regeneration a bit but didn’t stop it, and trying to execute successful sp1’s wasn’t an easy task to build up charges. Tried with guillotine 4* 3/5,unduped, but got nowhere.

I think all you can do is load up with your best champs and hope during the same run that at least 1 of your champs gets lucky and get magneto on a heal block at the start of the fight, and be sure you can finish him off in that same fight; otherwise you are out of luck as his permanent regeneration appears to be unstoppable.
  • Options
    PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    Keep restarting until magento gets heal block from gambler' s fate

This is how it’s done. You will waste some energy. But it’s by far the easiest way.
  • Options
    5L3ND3RM4N5L3ND3RM4N Posts: 1
    I found two ways to counter this. First is neuro toxin by an archangel (duped). Negates all regen but the only drawback is you need to constantly apply the neurotoxins. Any lapse magneto will regen back to full health.
    The most reliable method that I found was using Blade with the Ghostrider synergy. Blade's danger sense would activate at the start of the fight and Magneto's regen would get negated.

Hope this was helpful.