**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battle Ground is too P2W

Battle Ground is too P2W, they need to be able to sort out the matches by total Prestige or your Profile Prestige or the matches will be way to unfair, here’s one match that I played and here’s his pfp
You can’t tell me that P2W is going to lose to a F2P, you can even be a person that spends like 10 dollars and you’ll still lose to people who spend a lot

Comments

• Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    p2w means pay to win... they arent paying for any advantage such as potions or boosts or anything like that.
    the match making is obviously not taking a lot into consideration but im sure that can be updated as things progress, like theyve said its still technically beta. terminology doesnt apply here but the actual issue of bad matchmaking makes sense
  • Options
    Strangecraft069Strangecraft069 Posts: 183

Don’t let these big accounts intimidate you. Strong roster doesn’t always equal to guaranteed win. Battlegrounds is all about skill and strategy. Yes roster does play a role but from my experience, not as important as the first two aspects.

This advice as a WHOLE; NEVER BACK AWAY FROM THE BIG FISH JUST CAUSE IT HAS A BIGGER MOUTH
  • Options
    IonGamingIonGaming Posts: 34
    I’m also talking about being on top when your f2p, you can’t bcz the people on top will be smart and good at playing, and it will come down to who as the better champions which p2w will
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited April 2022
    Just wait till it's live in game
    Soon we'll see similar division that we see in AW & AQ
    Spenders will be at the top in Masters with some F2P in Platinums, & most F2Ps in Golds
    Other than that I think we'll also see a division between grinders & non-grinders in BGs but that probably won't be as apparent
  • Options
    Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 519 ★★★
    There's a good chance that someone who had to spend a ton to get their roster and where they are progression wise, may not have the skills that a fully F2P player at the same progression does. Don't lose the match before it starts.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    BG is like everything else in the game — wide rosters of ranked champs gives you an advantage. Certainly people who spend get to that point faster. Nothing unique about BG.

Anyway we do not yet know how this will be structured in terms of competition, whether there will be tiers a la Incursions, etc.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    AMS94 said:

Just wait till it's live in game
    Soon we'll see similar division that we see in AW & AQ
    Spenders will be at the top in Masters with some F2P in Platinums, & most F2Ps in Golds
    Other than that I think we'll also see a division between grinders & non-grinders in BGs but that probably won't be as apparent

Battlegrounds is skill based. You can't revive you're way through this mode. You're 100% wrong.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    IonGaming said:

I’m also talking about being on top when your f2p, you can’t bcz the people on top will be smart and good at playing, and it will come down to who as the better champions which p2w will

No... P2W also pay their way through content meaning they aren't that good and skill based fighting. You can't revive in this game mode, so if you screw up because that's what you're used to doing and buying a revive, you'll do terribly here.
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    I’m a good player, definitely not ftp, and have almost 40 R3+

I’ve lost to accounts much lower than mine because my ranked champs are not great for the global node, and some people just had better defensive strategy.

Plus I’m running suicides and the parry bug still sucks. But point is, it’s not just about the roster. BG has a huge strategy aspect to it.
  • Options
    IonGamingIonGaming Posts: 34

IonGaming said:

So you're saying that if you're F2P, then you can't be smart and good enough to be on top?
    You can be both, but your opponent can be too. Most likely if you are in the top 100ish you’re going to be smart, play well and it will come down to who has the better champs which p2w will
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    IonGaming said:

Battle Ground is too P2W, they need to be able to sort out the matches by total Prestige or your Profile Prestige or the matches will be way to unfair, here’s one match that I played and here’s his pfp
    You can’t tell me that P2W is going to lose to a F2P, you can even be a person that spends like 10 dollars and you’ll still lose to people who spend a lot

Just dont get hit
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Etm34 said:

I’m a good player, definitely not ftp, and have almost 40 R3+

I’ve lost to accounts much lower than mine because my ranked champs are not great for the global node, and some people just had better defensive strategy.

Plus I’m running suicides and the parry bug still sucks. But point is, it’s not just about the roster. BG has a huge strategy aspect to it.

^ Absolutely this. I actually made some comments before this Beta started that I thought Safeguard was a bad node for the mode as it is very restrictive on effective Attackers. What I didn't consider (or consider enough) was how much it bridged the gap when it comes to Defenders. The node basically removes Health from being a factor on Defense as all champs basically take the same amount of damage per tick. This allows a lot of smaller rosters to bring in good defenders at 6 Star Rank 1 of 5 Star Rank 4 and have them be solid viable defenders with significantly less drawback than with other nodes. Is the mode P2W, yes, always will be. However, it seems like Kabam is aware of that fact and is trying to find a spot of balance between allowing spenders to achieve more success but making skill and strategy more important than spending.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    edited April 2022
    This game is about having the most recent and biggest champs. Able to revive or not within battle ground they will buy the champs they need, up to the level required, to offset their lack of skill!
    Or (even more likely!) Have a "bro" in his "top" alliance, that, (according to kabam) all we f2p players need to bottom feed off of to get three rank 4 six stars for the new title???
    But ya can't buy it huh?

Sorry buds! But there isn't anything in this game that is strictly up to skill!
  • Options
    Rap said:

This game is about having the most recent and biggest champs. Able to revive or not within battle ground they will buy the champs they need, up to the level required, to offset their lack of skill!
    Or (even more likely!) Have a "bro" in his "top" alliance, that, (according to kabam) all we f2p players need to bottom feed off of to get three rank 4 six stars for the new title???
    But ya can't buy it huh?

So...this is wrong
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    If you think it's pay to win now....just wait until they monetize relics on top of already monetizing roster depth. I was hoping Battlegrounds would be less about monetization, but it would be silly to assume Kabam (knowing their history and the trajectory of the game) would agree.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Rap said:

But ya can't buy it huh?

So...this is wrong
    So is basically everything they've ever said here. This is nothing new.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Oh? What would show skill is if Kabam provided the decks. And the decks were equal. Then it would be about skill.
    But how can you possibly argue that somebody who drops thousands (as some whales do) on brand new champs, that they can immediately awaken and rank with $, does not have a huge PURCHASED advantage over f2p players with smaller rosters and less buffed up champs!
    Even in battlegrounds!
    You can simply rank your way to victory.
    And seriously??? Which part actually requires skill?
    And do not get me wrong! There are many players with skill! And many place in the game you can prove it.
    But in this game having skill never equals being at the top by itself!
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    I lost to an account using 4 stars in his deck...

I won to an account that a significant amount of rank 3s, even a rank 4 herc...

No pay to win. All skill, depends on your roster, who you get in a roll, who you pick etc. Obviously those with a bigger roster have more choices, but pay to win? No, not this mode let alone any mode.
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Another day, another post complaining that people who spend money (keeping this game online and active) have an advantage over those who don't support keeping the company in business.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Not saying that it is not because of spenders that we get to play! I am grateful for that. What irks me is touting this event as skill based and skill based only!
    What it is is an event for spenders to show off what they have bought and win back some of the stuff they paid for, and used previously to rank champs.
    And claiming great skill when the truth is you simply have purchased a massive, well developed roster!
    In the example above, if kabam provided the roster, a player with awesome skills and a very limited roster could potentally take down platinum and master alliance players.
    Then we would see pure skill at work
    Just please stop arguing that there is anyplace in this game where you cannot buy your way to the top!.