**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

A F2P Suggestion for Those Seeking Paragon

2»

Comments

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,668 Guardian
    Polygon said:

Mauled said:

I don’t see the huge issue with the whole Paragon title requirement to be honest. Just as with TB it’s a title that requires truly end game requirements at the time of release but in a few months time the end game F2P and low spenders will catch up. These days you can get a fresh F2P account to TB inside 6 months, it wouldn’t surprise me if a couple of years after Paragon is released you can get an account to Paragon inside 9 months from fresh without spending.

The thing that’s a bit cheeky is the claim that it was achievable for F2P players from the outset. Sure, it technically was if you’re an F2P player placing masters and in a Top 45+ AQ alliance consistently for the last 6 months but let’s be real, there’s probably less than 50 players who fall into that category.

The issue is they’re going to lock a bunch of valuable rewards behind the EOP objectives (think SOP objectives last year), the difference being there not being enough of a time interval as it was back then for players to have a chance to get the title first
    SOP was a one-time event and EOP is a 4 time event. Plenty of time in the year to get paragon.

Also to address your Quote about people who don't have the time nor budget for the game. These people are not the target audience for getting Paragon within the first month. It is very clear that if you're FTP, then the requirements are very steep. They are less steep now for the people who spent a ton of time grinding units. It is also even less steep than thar for people who support the game and choose to spend money on it. These are the targeted audiences for the Paragon title, not the casual players who don't have time nor money.

• Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Polygon said:

Mauled said:

I don’t see the huge issue with the whole Paragon title requirement to be honest. Just as with TB it’s a title that requires truly end game requirements at the time of release but in a few months time the end game F2P and low spenders will catch up. These days you can get a fresh F2P account to TB inside 6 months, it wouldn’t surprise me if a couple of years after Paragon is released you can get an account to Paragon inside 9 months from fresh without spending.

The thing that’s a bit cheeky is the claim that it was achievable for F2P players from the outset. Sure, it technically was if you’re an F2P player placing masters and in a Top 45+ AQ alliance consistently for the last 6 months but let’s be real, there’s probably less than 50 players who fall into that category.

The issue is they’re going to lock a bunch of valuable rewards behind the EOP objectives (think SOP objectives last year), the difference being there not being enough of a time interval as it was back then for players to have a chance to get the title first
    There was never going to be an opportunity for a F2P player to get Paragon before summer and most likely 4th July anyway. Realistically there’s probably up to 50 F2P players who could have got the title due to the requirement of master and high AQ precluding a lot of rosters. Ultimately it doesn’t really matter that much if we miss out of a couple of objectives, the loot is likely going to be enough to push a lot of players to Paragon anyway and once you’ve got 5 R4s in your prestige in a few months time then the status quo is as restored as it ever has been between F2P and P2P players in terms of prestige. The deluge of sig stones recently should allow players to compete on fairly even terms until R5s come out.

I’ve never seen the problem with having a goal in this game, for me it’s always been AW related, because that’s an area I can compete in and I’m not going to whale out in July anyway because A I don’t have the spare cash, and B even if I did, I’d rather go to Greece for a week instead.
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Of course easier units would be nice, but what you are asking is for a for profit business that only stays in business based on money people spend to give people a reason to spend less. Those who don't support a company stay in business are unlikely to get special offers to encourage them to continue to not support a for profit company.

This makes no sense, just because they release the arena, doesn’t mean people will stop spending. Spenders such as yourself will always spend to gain that advantage. Besides, my idea mentioned clearly that the arena would only be for a limited duration time.

The reason I mentioned this is because we’re seeing (due to a bug) back to back deals that cost 10k deals, so why not even the playing field for those that aren’t spenders or farm in arena for 10 hours+ a day?
    Around for just a limited time, just long enough for you to get the units? Your post and request is so insanely biased and specific to your exact needs. Your just looking for a shortcut for yourself to get a title that is not currently meant for everyone, especially not meant for those who are only willing to achieve it through shortcuts.

And yes, my comment made perfect sense but your perspective is way too biased to accept it. People are spending when they normally wouldn't or more than they normally would to get this title. Why would a for profit company take that urge away purposefully?
    How is it biased if i clearly said I already had the 20k units? Do you even read before you hit enter? We get it, you spent loads on the game, you grind arena 10 hours + daily and farmed the units. Not everyone has that kind of budget and our time for the game. Now move a long.
    You need a drink of water to help with that high level of saltiness?

37 disagrees compared to 4 agrees on your request. Your welcome to have misplaced aggression but the majority clearly disagrees with you.
  • Options
    Polygon said:

Of course easier units would be nice, but what you are asking is for a for profit business that only stays in business based on money people spend to give people a reason to spend less. Those who don't support a company stay in business are unlikely to get special offers to encourage them to continue to not support a for profit company.

This makes no sense, just because they release the arena, doesn’t mean people will stop spending. Spenders such as yourself will always spend to gain that advantage. Besides, my idea mentioned clearly that the arena would only be for a limited duration time.

The reason I mentioned this is because we’re seeing (due to a bug) back to back deals that cost 10k deals, so why not even the playing field for those that aren’t spenders or farm in arena for 10 hours+ a day?
    i am a regular grinder and i can assure you that i dont spend 10+ hours a day in arena. Maybe do some arena for yourself and see?
  • Options

Polygon said:

i am a regular grinder and i can assure you that i dont spend 10+ hours a day in arena. Maybe do some arena for yourself and see?
    Op is just trying to distract with personal attacks and complete over the top exaggeration since approximately 90% of the people in this thread disagree with him.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

Are you paragon and able to get both 7.4 deals trom purely grinding arena? The other person mentioned getting 30k units in 5 months but won’t admit to how many hours per day the grind was. Those are far beyond the normal hours that most players do , my point was having that many units in that short time.

Then again, the player also admitted to being a spender/whale, so wouldn’t be surprised if he was lumping units he paid with real money for (odins, 5$ monthly deal etc)
  • Options
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Are you paragon and able to get both 7.4 deals trom purely grinding arena? The other person mentioned getting 30k units in 5 months but won’t admit to how many hours per day the grind was. Those are far beyond the normal hours that most players do , my point was having that many units in that short time.

Then again, the player also admitted to being a spender/whale, so wouldn’t be surprised if he was lumping units he paid with real money for (odins, 5$ monthly deal etc)
    Your making a lot of over the top assumptions aren't you? It was never asked how much time I spend doing arena, but since you are now asking, I'd say approximately 1 1/2 - 2 hours a day 4-5 days a week (enough to hit most to all milestones in two main arenas twice a week).

And I very clearly said Ive spent but don't spend much. If I was a whale, why woukd I grind arena for units that I could just buy? Based on your logic of saying a spender and whale is interchange, based on your logic anyone who has bought the 99 cent deal or bought the monthly $5 unit deal is a whale. There is a lot of in between free to play (those who have never purchased anything) and whales (who spend lots and lots of money). I'm definitely in the in between.

Keep making up excuses but don't you think you should just give up at this point? Your not convincing anyone, almost no one agrees with you, and now your just making wild assumptions to try and turn away focus from how almost everyone disagrees with you.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,037 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Your making a lot of over the top assumptions aren't you? It was never asked how much time I spend doing arena, but since you are now asking, I'd say approximately 1 1/2 - 2 hours a day 4-5 days a week (enough to hit most to all milestones in two main arenas twice a week).

And I very clearly said Ive spent but don't spend much. If I was a whale, why woukd I grind arena for units that I could just buy? Based on your logic of saying a spender and whale is interchange, based on your logic anyone who has bought the 99 cent deal or bought the monthly $5 unit deal is a whale. There is a lot of in between free to play (those who have never purchased anything) and whales (who spend lots and lots of money). I'm definitely in the in between.

Keep making up excuses but don't you think you should just give up at this point? Your not convincing anyone, almost no one agrees with you, and now your just making wild assumptions to try and turn away focus from how almost everyone disagrees with you.
    Mic drop.
  • Options
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

So you don't have time to do some occasional arena grinding but want easier access to units. This sounds like bad time management on your part based on the fact you have over 2,100 posts on forums. I could be wrong, but I don't believe you get any tangible game rewards or units from posting in forums.

Friendly advice, maybe use the time you spend doing forums posts on some arena, since you clearly have some time availability your just using it in a less productive manner. Think of the units you could have grinded in the time you've wasted arguing with the people who disagree with you.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

I could be wrong, but I don't believe you get any tangible game rewards or units from posting in forums.
    No benefit except for the friends we make along the way!
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

I could be wrong, but I don't believe you get any tangible game rewards or units from posting in forums.
    No benefit except for the friends we make along the way!
    I have so many friends 😬
  • Options
    @Polygon

Ive gotten both the deals so far and still have 27k units and 9 million bcs in the stash.
    i grind 2-2.5hrs a day at max. I dont buy units. I am 3 t5b away from paragon, yes.
    I am also 1 carina challenge away from finishing carina v2
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian
    Polygon said:

Saiyan said:

As a FTP player with a single R4, my advice to you is:

Have Patience

It's not a race and we will get it eventually. Don't be a victim of FOMO and let it live in your mind (outside the game also)

You’re right but this is exactly what kabam is doing to the players, by keeping the rewards of EOP an unknown until after those 7.4 deals are launched. That way people spend their units and probably real money on getting the units. I just wish there was more transparency so that people could gauge it somewhat. To put this into context, what if someone goes for the 7.4 deal twice and then later on in the year the r4 mats start being more readily available? That person would have a massive regret in dumping so many units.

The game use to be fun, now its all about marketing tactics and finding ways to make people spend the most money.
    The way I see it, it is the *players* that used to play the game for fun, and now constantly complain about their reward spreadsheets not working out for them. Except not really, because they've always complained.

Virtually every single player that is currently playing the game for fun is completely unaffected by the requirements of the Paragon title. It is only a very, very, very tiny slice of the player population obsessed with rewards and yet also just short of the title and possessing no patience that have a problem.

If you're playing the game for fun, how can Kabam force you to spend money? Won't you only spend money on things that are fun? How much fun does the Paragon title provide? If your idea of fun is "have the best of everything, now" then the lack of the title will probably impair your fun, but that is not a problem with the game.

You can spend your way to the top or you can play your way to the top or you can take your time getting there. That's always been true, is still true, and will always be true. And those whose ambitions exceed their capabilities will have to adjust one or the other or find another thing to spend their time on. A lot of people quit the game because they claimed the Cavalier title was a cash grab. That was their choice, and the game continued along without them just fine. People quit claiming Labyrinth was a cash grab, and the Abyss, and even Uncollected difficulty. But of course they were all wrong, but the Greyhound busload of people complaining about the Paragon title are right, because this time it is different.

If you want the game to be about fun, play it for fun. If you only focus on rewards, don't blame the game for being all about the rewards. If you only focus on what other people are buying, don't complain about the game being about nothing except monetization. That's a choice players make, and it is a choice they have to live with in their own heads.
  • Options
    gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

The idea is good but kabam would never. That would take away from their revenue for cyber Monday; July 4th and whatever else they want to make money on with unit deals.

The way i see it is, this can be the chance for kabam to prove that its not just about the money for them, the requirements from the start should’ve been 2 rank 4’s, the time between EOP release and release of Paragon should’ve been extended (just like it was with thronebreaker and SOP), but we’re past that point, for them to make any change on that.

At the very least if we’re going to see crazy unit price deals be repeated for these r4 mats then balance the playing field of which units can be maintained? Unless the purpose of the offer being rebuyable was to add FOMO and have more summoners spend for odins to be able to afford the deals
    Umm....dude....it IS just about the money to them.
    If player satisfaction were a priority to them, we'd know it by now.
  • Options

Polygon said:

The idea is good but kabam would never. That would take away from their revenue for cyber Monday; July 4th and whatever else they want to make money on with unit deals.

The way i see it is, this can be the chance for kabam to prove that its not just about the money for them, the requirements from the start should’ve been 2 rank 4’s, the time between EOP release and release of Paragon should’ve been extended (just like it was with thronebreaker and SOP), but we’re past that point, for them to make any change on that.

At the very least if we’re going to see crazy unit price deals be repeated for these r4 mats then balance the playing field of which units can be maintained? Unless the purpose of the offer being rebuyable was to add FOMO and have more summoners spend for odins to be able to afford the deals
    There's zero chance of player satisfaction unless they do everything every single person wants them to do.

How do you purpose they do that?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian

Polygon said:

It is also possible player satisfaction is a priority to them, but you're just not the player.
  • Options

Polygon said:

There's zero chance of player satisfaction unless they do everything every single person wants them to do.

How do you purpose they do that?
    *Propose...... FML
  • Options
    edited May 2022

Polygon said:

Free business 101 lesson. Any business that puts not paying customers satisfaction over making a profit won't be in business for very long.
  • Options

Polygon said:

Free business 101 lesson. Any business that puts not paying customers satisfaction over making a profit won't be in business for very long.
    Oh my sweet summer child. Cable companies, utility companies, pharmaceutical companies that market off label uses, most social media, the list is longer than my arm. I regret to inform you that customer satisfaction is very much second to profits for most business entities. Not 100%, but for the most part customer satisfaction enters the equation only insofar as it directly impacts profits.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

Polygon said:

Oh my sweet summer child. Cable companies, utility companies, pharmaceutical companies that market off label uses, most social media, the list is longer than my arm. I regret to inform you that customer satisfaction is very much second to profits for most business entities. Not 100%, but for the most part customer satisfaction enters the equation only insofar as it directly impacts profits.
    Your talking about customer service to paying customers, I was referring to non paying customer (f2p) which this post was about. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying customer service isn't important, but will not overtake income coming into the business keeping the company and employees paid.

Many companies will like to make you think they put customer service over profits but those companies are also ran by CEOs making millions (or tens of millions) annually, so don't believe the propaganda.

Side note, maybe you have better cable companies than I'm used to, but I would that an unusual reference. Over my years, I've found most cable companies to have the absolute worst customer service and most don't even hide it. Since cable companies don't really compete with each other (and/or owned by same parent company) they know most markets really only have one choice for cable provider. With increase in streaming this is changing, but those set on the cable way will stick with poor service).
  • Options

Wicket329 said:

Polygon said:

Your talking about customer service to paying customers, I was referring to non paying customer (f2p) which this post was about. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying customer service isn't important, but will not overtake income coming into the business keeping the company and employees paid.

Many companies will like to make you think they put customer service over profits but those companies are also ran by CEOs making millions (or tens of millions) annually, so don't believe the propaganda.

Side note, maybe you have better cable companies than I'm used to, but I would that an unusual reference. Over my years, I've found most cable companies to have the absolute worst customer service and most don't even hide it. Since cable companies don't really compete with each other (and/or owned by same parent company) they know most markets really only have one choice for cable provider. With increase in streaming this is changing, but those set on the cable way will stick with poor service).
    I just realized I misread your original post. I missed a very important “not” in there before the word “paying” 😂. You and I are on the same page, you can ignore my previous post.
  • Options
    A3G0NA3G0N Posts: 75
    Mauled said:

The Road to Paragon (even if it was not announced that time) for FTP/Arena grinders didn't start 4-5 months ago. It started 4th July 2021 when the unit cache offers has R4 materials in them. The same thing with Cyber Monday 2021 where unit cache offers has R4 materials included. If you combine those while completing all Carina/SOP/Act7 and 1 package of 7.4 deal, it is enough to give you a Paragon title. Is it impossible for non TOP 45+AQ/AW player to get a Paragon title? No. Is it available to achieve on the onset? Yes, but it was a process and you need consistent arena grind (milestones are enough) to get it and finish all end-game content as well.
  • Options
    A3G0NA3G0N Posts: 75
    This is what pushed FTP/Arena grinders to get Paragon Title. Provided all end-game content was done.