**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Big change in 8.1 Beta

SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
edited May 2022 in General Discussion

I don't remember ever seeing a Beta that could impact your normal account. I'm okay with it since I personally am in the Beta and appreciate the reasonable rewards for the effort in testing out new content.

I'm interested to see the reactions of those not in the Beta though.

Edit: looks like exploration of 8.1 will give 44 placeholder shards, or 22k real-account shards after the beta is over.

Comments

• Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    I signed up for the beta, got the pop up, but now don't see how to enter it
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I don't remember ever seeing a Beta that could impact your normal account. I'm okay with it since I personally am in the Beta and appreciate the reasonable rewards for the effort in testing out new content.

I'm interested to see the reactions of those not in the Beta though.

Edit: looks like exploration of 8.1 will give 44 placeholder shards, or 22k real-account shards after the beta is over.

It's not 22k. You get 500 for the completion of each quest and then another 500 for exploration. 6k total
  • Options
    Actually 6500 bc you get 500 for chapter exploration as well
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,190 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022

How u count the champer one to
    44 place holder dos equal 22k because how I’m understanding is 1 is 500 shard meant count those it 22k
  • Options
    DhoomsayDhoomsay Posts: 5
    edited May 2022
    @Kabam Zibiit I got act 8.1 beta server but everytime I'm trying to open beta server got these issue
  • Options
    DhoomsayDhoomsay Posts: 5
    Here is video
  • Options
    Gamer said:

44 place holder dos equal 22k because how I’m understanding is 1 is 500 shard meant count those it 22k
    There aren't 44 place holders. 1 at quest completion and 1 at quest exploration for each quest. Then 1 at chapter exploration. That's 13. 6500 shards.
  • Options

Gamer said:

There aren't 44 place holders. 1 at quest completion and 1 at quest exploration for each quest. Then 1 at chapter exploration. That's 13. 6500 shards.
    For me I’m counting 44 though.
  • Options
    Unless it means to stand something els
  • Options

24 from cler all 100 procen plus the 20 giv 44
  • Options
    You can only get completion once for each quest....
  • Options
    ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★
    While not the end of the world 22k 6* shards is still a pretty big give considering no real resources are spent in beta testing.
  • Options

You can only get completion once for each quest....

Yes 4 of them out of 6 quset meant 24 in totalt. There is 6 quset I’m believing you don’t count all quset but one of them only
  • Options
    Ah you get 3 for exploration. That's where you guys are getting all the extras. I just read the message
  • Options

Ah you get 3 for exploration. That's where you guys are getting all the extras. I just read the message

Resone I’m taken a picture. For better reference I’m back one the betas furum.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    Even though its not a lot of shards im still feeling left out/sad that I cant participate and there's nothing I can do about it. Sucks
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,304 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

Zeraphan said:

While not the end of the world 22k 6* shards is still a pretty big give considering no real resources are spent in beta testing.

22k is definitely not enough for me to grind it out lol
    This exactly. While it’s nice that you get shards but it takes a lot of time to grind stuff out. I may try out a few paths as time permits but definitely not grinding it out just for the shards.
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Wdym by placeholder shards?
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★

Wdym by placeholder shards?

You get shards that aren’t added to your crystal stash but instead are some sort of item, they are stored differently and each actually represents 500 crystal shards for your real account.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,673 Guardian
    Raganator said:

Per usual, should have been announced beforehand. I didn't opt in this time. Had I known, I would have.

Why didn't you opt in. Just because you opt in doesn't mean you have to do it. I opted in mainly so I could have fun with my mastery setups lol.