**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battlegrounds should be better

Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★
The title says it all.
The matchmaking is horrible.
Doing a fight tale away so much time.
Too much fights to complete the objective (think that every fight costs you energy and not all the fights result in a victory)
And last but not least.....the prizes are very very very......bleah

Comments

• Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    You said it should be better but you didn’t give any suggestions how to make it better.
  • Noise72Noise72 Posts: 337 ★★★
    You realize its still in Beta, right?
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★
    Noise72 said:

This is the third beta. The final result will be something very similar to this beta
  • Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 589 ★★★
    You could actually win every fight if you were good, just putting that out there.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Matchmaking goes by your bg rating. If your getting bad matchups often, then as you lose bg rating your find yourself in a more comfortable matchup group.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★

You could actually win every fight if you were good, just putting that out there.

Until you run in to a cheater.
  • Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 589 ★★★

Until you run in to a cheater.
    Touche, however I exclude those since those are unavoidable
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★

The title says it all.
    Too much fights to complete the objective (think that every fight costs you energy and not all the fights result in a victory)

I find matchmaking to be spot on now that I’ve played a few dozen matches and risen to my level of competition. When everyone starts at the same rating then there is bound to be weird mismatches, until the better players move up.

I don’t see how they could make this mode any faster.

I like the rewards. Fits my needs at least.

I have had a ton of fun. Don’t care when I lose. I achieved every objective without “grinding” or refreshing champs.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Noise72 said:

I disagree with OP, but, Beta is the new Alpha these days.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★

The title says it all.

I find matchmaking to be spot on now that I’ve played a few dozen matches and risen to my level of competition. When everyone starts at the same rating then there is bound to be weird mismatches, until the better players move up.

I have had a ton of fun. Don’t care when I lose. I achieved every objective without “grinding” or refreshing champs.
    I concur. The ticking countdown things are annoying, but I assume they are necessary for connection / network issues. If they could be sped up or replaced it would be better. Spent a ton of energy, and barely touch EQ because of it! Lol
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★

The title says it all.

I concur. The ticking countdown things are annoying, but I assume they are necessary for connection / network issues. If they could be sped up or replaced it would be better. Spent a ton of energy, and barely touch EQ because of it! Lol
    This is another point.
    They can create a different energy cost
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    Champion refresh kinda killed some fun for me.
    I managed alright with 5 depleted changes, but now with 10 depleted champs, I'm kinda losing matchups due to roster strength.

It sucks when you have free time but your champ be like

• Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

You said it should be better but you didn’t give any suggestions how to make it better.

I mentioned what is wrong for me. Kabam is paid to think to the solutions....
    Well.. if it’s so wrong maybe help them? Put your 2 cents in about what’s so wrong with battleground so they can fix it.

I can think of ways of fixing it, everyone has mentioned it. Most who say it sucks they usually say why, and they say this is how it could be better.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

I mentioned what is wrong for me. Kabam is paid to think to the solutions....
    Your complaints point to no useful direction for them to explore solutions. You say matchmaking is "horrible" but there's no way to comment out the horrible from the source code. You say fights take too long but they are already down to two minutes (they were originally three minutes). Any shorter and the fights will start degrading to burst-fests. In what direction could they possibly take the fights where making them shorter would be feasible?

And you say it takes too many fights to complete the reward objectives because not every fight ends in victory. I don't even know how anyone could respond to that particular complaint.

Noise72 said:

This is the third beta. The final result will be something very similar to this beta
    And actually, I can think of at least two distinct ways in which the live version of the game mode will be completely different from the current beta. One is obvious, one I'm not allowed to comment on.

The obvious one is: the reward system for the live version of battlegrounds cannot *possibly* be identical to the current one, for the obvious reason there's no reward for high rating. The live mode will either have a completely different reward system, or it will have a completely new addition to the current objective-based one that actually rewards winning. The current beta is comparable to the rewards for winning and losing wars in Alliance War, with none of the bracket-based season rewards.

The one I can't comment on is an addition to the way the mode will work when it is live, that some people have conjectured about but hasn't been announced yet, that I suspect most people would feel the mode requires before going live.