If Kabam asked you to make your owns choice of Side Quest....

RatedSViperRatedSViper Member Posts: 641 ★★
edited May 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
What kind of Side Quest will you make and what kind of rewards do you want the SQ to offer ?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• NoobdaNoobda Member Posts: 787 ★★★

Mutant treasure island

With boosted rewards. That sq was really awsm man.
  • HoitadoHoitado Member Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Not really answering the question here but I would simply eliminate Rifts and would give Rewards that Actually Fit for Progression Level.

The Rewards from the past few Side Quests are insulting
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,300 ★★★★★
    In terms of rewards, I would follow Feb eq
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,421 ★★★★★
    I want variety and fun challenges. I don’t like the “chance it” teleportation ones, if I had to pick something to remove.
  • Stebo_79Stebo_79 Member Posts: 636 ★★★
    Yeah as soon as I read the title I thought about Mutant treasure island. That was awesome. Got so many good rewards from it. Probably the most generous SQ of recent memory. so yeah something along those lines.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,162 ★★★★★
    Ignoble said:

I’d do a Boss Rush challenge tbh. Not sure about the rewards, but I’d love to see how people would face off against a souped up… let’s say:

• YellowJacket
    • Guardian
    • Venom
    • Kingpin
    • Stealthy
    • OG Ghost Rider
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is a boss rush?
  • wheatmannwheatmann Member Posts: 186 ★★
    I'd do 0 energy per tile, idk why I love the idea of being able to reset the mode without wasting all that energy
  • AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    1 quest per week with not more than 3 paths for exploration, with 4-6 fights per path
    Earn currency
    Buy rewards in the store based on what u want
    That is my ideal SQ design

Another one would be Boss Rush style content but only if the rewards are better than the usual SQ bcoz Boss Rushes are often harder than the usual SQ

Something similar to Symbiote event where u temporarily get the new champions released that month for doing SQ, & once the SQ ends, those champs are powered down to a lower star level based on ur progression level, but not higher than 4* level
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Member Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I liked Mephisto's side quest when Immortal Abomination and Hulk were released. It was pretty challenging and the rewards were good since you get to buy what you need.
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Member Posts: 503 ★★★
    I really enjoy cataclysm event, when ikaris and sersi were released.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,413 Guardian
    Reintroduce a boss rush that is as tough now as the champion boss rush was. It will have r4 materials in it and a 6* nexus for chapter 2 exploration. Chapter 2 will be the 6 horrible fights per lane with all 6 lanes and you have to do all 6 lanes in one go. That would be fun.
  • Sammy0421HSammy0421H Member Posts: 92
    Ignoble said:

I’d do a Boss Rush challenge tbh. Not sure about the rewards, but I’d love to see how people would face off against a souped up… let’s say:

• YellowJacket
    • Guardian
    • Venom
    • Kingpin
    • Stealthy
    • OG Ghost Rider
    Quake
  • AMS94AMS94 Member Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Reintroduce a boss rush that is as tough now as the champion boss rush was. It will have r4 materials in it and a 6* nexus for chapter 2 exploration. Chapter 2 will be the 6 horrible fights per lane with all 6 lanes and you have to do all 6 lanes in one go. That would be fun.

Those are considered special events that we get once in a while....sometimes also known as Celebrity challenges bcoz earlier they used to be connected to MCU releases
    Last time we got those were with ShangChi & SpHam
    Side quest is comparatively a much different & more regular thing that we get each month
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,413 Guardian
    AMS94 said:

Pikolu said:

Those are considered special events that we get once in a while....sometimes also known as Celebrity challenges bcoz earlier they used to be connected to MCU releases
    Last time we got those were with ShangChi & SpHam
    Side quest is comparatively a much different & more regular thing that we get each month
    Side quests are boring, replace them with boss rushes lol.
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,328 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022

Ignoble said:

• YellowJacket
    • Guardian
    • Venom
    • Kingpin
    • Stealthy
    • OG Ghost Rider
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is a boss rush?
    Basically a amount of champions suped up with alot of health and attack, plus nodes benefitting each champion individually. They're usually the only enemies in that quest, no filler fights.

Just several boss fights in a row, no breaks
  • AburaeesAburaees Member Posts: 514 ★★★
    I quite like the current event apart from the pittance of 6* shards, although the selectable rank up materials are nice.

I do prefer boss rushes over side quests that are super repetitive.

I’d like a new feature however. I’d like secret objectives, you don’t know what they are until you’ve achieved them, but clues are dropped within the side quest like a line of in-fight monologue. The clues would relate to the win conditions needed to achieve the secret objectives, which would in turn yield tokens that can be used to unlock secret fights….against Age of Apocalypse re-skins of existing champions for example.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,274 ★★★★
    I don't remember the name of the side quest but the concept was: do 3 fights a day for 150-300 5* shards and 25-50 6* star shards. I remember that people hated the side quest in the beginning but after a while it became loved because the rewards accumulated to a decent amount. For some reason I associate human torch with it. I think it's from 2019 but not sure, I hope someone else also remembers.