**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How do we feel about BG

GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★

How do we feel about BG 150 votes

Playing them and will continue to play them.
62%
MasterSmokeTheJalliBitterSteelMagicBentonWorld EaterAntony687DrenlinKDoggg2017F4k3_GaM3rTerraIlluminantBlackPhoenix44KennadoDarth_Stewiefrodo2377Total_Domin01WorknprogressThunderstruck77BrokenLucky7Luciano 94 votes
Tried it. Not for me.
37%
SnakeEyes69DrZolaCarmel1xNigSpity68VceeTreoAce_03buffajrheruheru511jdrum663JinxesaxeBlackfriar63causticTheCipeSceptilemaniacGuytennisReferenceRaichu626Grootman1294 56 votes

Comments

• Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    Tried it. Not for me.
    Honestly is game itself not just the battlegrounds feels repetitive nowadays.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    Potentially the best game mode for me. Without the plethora of cheaters I could see myself having fun in it or even lightly sweating away at it. However, the input / lag / whateverrrrrr issues currently suck all the life out of it. E.g., if I try to bait a heavy, stand blocking for over a second, the opponent punches straight through. No questions asked. And that's just one example. Those issues don't occur every fight, but multiple times in some. And 'some' is gaining ground quickly. So, then you die. And often have to recharge champs to repeat the exact same miserable experience. For 45 units per pop. In conclusion: great mode if the game actually functioned and anti-cheat procedures were enforced quicker and more efficiently. As is: BG is a halfway horrible experience.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    Fun, can’t wait for non competitive battlegrounds so I can beat up on my alliance-mates and Friends.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    It's probably my favorite gamemode available, I'm just not a fan of the resource cost from two fronts if I get in the zone and want to keep going.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Tried it. Not for me.
    Played them when we got energy for them and enjoyed them just fine. Now it feels like just another demanding, store-style side quest with an energy cost to end all energy costs.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Noobda said:

40 6* generic sigs this month with 5 T5b is what matters to me.
    With about 10k+ 6* shards as bonus.

The store is the major selling point for me too. I don't play AW and this, although not perfected, sort of makes up the gap.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★

It's probably my favorite gamemode available, I'm just not a fan of the resource cost from two fronts if I get in the zone and want to keep going.

Indeed. Correct this and they have a winner.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    I like it. However, I'm a little concerned about the impact it will have on my energy. This month, I've felt that I've had to choose between doing story/EQ/SQ content and doing BG, and I don't really like that choice.

But it depends on how it's eventually structured. If I can do all of it at the end of the month when I don't have anything to spend my energy on anyway, it will be awesome. If I can't compete properly in it because I have other stuff to do (or I can't do that other stuff because I want to compete in BG), then it's going to suck. I'll reserve my opinion until I know more.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Pretty limited options. I do like it. But will probably just go for 10 or 15 wins per week. So, assuming a 50/50 win to lose about 20 to max 30 matchups. I do like it. But for weeks that are not suicide friendly I won`t change masteries and will just skip it.
  • NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★

Spending so much energy is no that fun.
    Energy recharge, not fun.
    Incenticising with good rewards, fun

I'll do them, but rewards will be a major factor how often I'll dump refills.
    Expecting a no energy friendly mode with no rewards.

Kabam Miike said that friendly mode will be there when BG officially goes live.
  • ProfessorGProfessorG Posts: 73
    Love the idea of it and how it is supposed to play out. Disappointed by the number of cheaters, cost of refresh, and energy cost.

This mode is close to becoming my favorite aspect of the game, however there is just so much that competes for energy these days and being a completionist is becoming more and more difficult. It has been two months since I have been able to explore all monthly EQ/SQ events and to me that is disappointing. The way I see it, if there is new content, I want to explore it.

I’m not a fan of their being more content in game than is explorable with the allotted energy given. Hence, the reason they have started selling energy cards every month. That is something I am not a fan of.
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
    Tried it. Not for me.
    What’s the cheating situation? How do people cheat in this mode? I need an explainer.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Tried it. Not for me.
    It cost too much energy while I'm still trying to complete other contests.
    I tested it last Beta but I'm not going to do it this round or later unless they are going to introduce a different currency to enter BG, like gold or X free entrance per day.
  • PussaleyPussaley Posts: 54
    Tried it. Not for me.
    BG is okay but costs too much. If I didn’t need 6 star sig stone, i wouldn’t play this game mode for sure.
    Recharge - no, thanks, it’s not for f2p
    Energy cost - too much.
    And it seems like the timings are different in BG.

So because I don’t have much of good ranked roster that’s why BG is like Incursions 2.0 for me, only with more rewards. Which costs so much that I start to doubt if I really need them. Wait 7 hours until full energy, play 4-5 fights in 10 minutes and lose the half of it because opponents have more R3+ than me and I play almost every fight with 5 star … it’s not fun for me.

It’s my experience. Who likes it - good. I’m not a such fan of it.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,916 ★★★★★
    It has to change. Right now the meta is forfeiting any match you might not win so and only play the easy matches and rack up other forfeits. I'm almost at the 30-win mark this week and have only played about 10 matches. Gotten almost 20 forfeit wins so far. It's not fun for anyone but wasting ~10 min on a fight I might not win isn't worth my time.