**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Wrong Prestige

I have never really worried about prestige. So maybe I am looking at it wrong. I have both Thor Rags and BWCV at R3. BWCV is sig 20 and Rags sig 113. How does BWCV have higher prestige? She is supposed to be rank 47 and him 4 in prestige.

It shows her at 18820 and him at 18500

Comments

• bamabbbamabb Posts: 17

H
    ere are pictures
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    That’s ain’t their Prestige that’s their Hero Rating that is affected and floated by masteries.
    Prestige is Hero Rating with no masteries at all.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    MD most likely effected those scores
  • ThomildoThomildo Posts: 442 ★★★
    I thought you meant Wong prestige, i’ll see myself out..
  • bamabbbamabb Posts: 17
    I get that masteries will change things, but I thought it would make all go up equally. I don't have any points in MD. I run Suicides' so I don't have room for MD. That just means you really don't know who to bring up for prestige. If BWCV ranked 47 can have way higher numbers after Masteries.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    edited May 2022
    bamabb said:

I get that masteries will change things, but I thought it would make all go up equally. I don't have any points in MD. I run Suicides' so I don't have room for MD. That just means you really don't know who to bring up for prestige. If BWCV ranked 47 can have way higher numbers after Masteries.

thats not how it works tho, how would deep wounds or a regen mastery effect champs that dont benefit to them, like deep wounds for example how would that help a SW classic while maybe MD would not effect someone from any class other than mystic...
    also all champs have different base crit dmg so increase in that area with masteries effect them differently.

and another thing, in game prestige is also calculated by the base rating not with the end rating its showing on the champ. thats why the charts are in place, if you simply rank those champs up you will have the BASE prestige higher than say someone with a same rank but different champ.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    bamabb said:

Prestige and PI are not the same thing. Masteries don't affect your prestige at all. Regardless of what setup you run the champs prestige will only be determined by rank, level, and sig level. That's not what the game displays there.
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,644 Guardian

These are the actual prestige of both of your champs.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Pi or power index is the rating on champs including everything like masteries, boosts, synergies, etc. And can change often and easily but don't have much real meaning.

Prestige doesn't change based on the above. If you were to reset all masteries off, have no boosts on and go into your champs, that number you see would be their prestige.