**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Wow. Initial thought: DPX is an absolute TANK

ESFESF Posts: 1,944 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
This is just a quick thought, with my DPX a 6-star, unduped, Rank 1: I am still learning the mechanics and rotation, but off the top: MAN. This kit can absorb some punishment, because of the Taunt mechanic.

I know everyone will test it and have their opinions, but I will say this: I look forward to reading every single one of them, because it’s not a clear β€œDPS and Go” buff. It’s really interesting, and I am curious about how people receive it and use it
Β«1

Comments

• Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    So another gamora/ronin/nova buff. Just great.
  • Options
    I've just tested it a little bit and I love it. Charging the slaps is risky, the dmg in sp2 isn't a lot and that stun falls quick. But it makes me smile and laugh seeing this man skip with his swords.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I've just tested it a little bit and I love it. Charging the slaps is risky, the dmg in sp2 isn't a lot and that stun falls quick. But it makes me smile and laugh seeing this man skip with his swords.

The question though, is will we be laughing about it after the newness wears off? Will we be laughing with him in AW, AQ, or monthly CAV eq? For me, probably not.

I was hyped to take him to R3 as a spot with NF when running suicides, but I think he's staying at R2 and mostly going to be on the bench still. His Specials need more damage (my medium crits for more than an entire sp2) and the stun needs another 1/2 second
    so I can run to the defender and safely slap them before they wake up. Even then, he'll just be OK enough to warrant a synergy spot without feeling like a waste still. Glad they're thinking outside the box, but the result, other than the funny skipping, is pretty underwhelming. 6* R2 took WS down in 3m 10s in 80 hits. That's a lot of time for a champ with class advantage and has the word "super" in their kit.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited June 2022
    Everyone who complains about passive AI might want a second look at this guy. Sure, he’s slow but I doubt the enemy will hold their specials.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    For instance, I think β€” repeat, think β€” off the top of my head, this kit might be really good for a Battlegrounds/Safeguard week, depending on your Masteries and how comfortable you get building those Slap Charges, which I find not too complicated to do.

Again: I am not saying that this kit is great or perfect. I am just saying that I can literally see myself using it in Battlegrounds, as an example
  • Options
    GlazzyBearGlazzyBear Posts: 134 β˜…β˜…

The special 2 has that many hits and it does next to zero damage, pathetic

It almost feels like it's purposefully meant to deal less damage, like Angelas specials and Mordo's sp3. I saw a video of a maxed out xpool dealing hits in the hundreds on his sp2 which is pathetic for a maxed 5*!
  • Options
    GlazzyBearGlazzyBear Posts: 134 β˜…β˜…
    ESF said:

For instance, I think β€” repeat, think β€” off the top of my head, this kit might be really good for a Battlegrounds/Safeguard week, depending on your Masteries and how comfortable you get building those Slap Charges, which I find not too complicated to do.

Again: I am not saying that this kit is great or perfect. I am just saying that I can literally see myself using it in Battlegrounds, as an example

If Kabam is buffing and releasing champions with battlegrounds in mind, that kind of worries me that we'll start getting more mediocre champs that sit on the bench in everything else, maybe besides the occasional defensive placement.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    With suicides and heavies only takes 34 hits to take down winter soldier. That's really good imo
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Just effortlessly took down 6.3.1, pre-nerf, Medusa with a R1 6star…. I think DPX is a victim of the mutant class being crazy stacked. But other than that the buff took an unusable character for developing rosters and gave us a character that has utility now in endgame content. The specials are truly underwhelming but his heavy is his damage source. So if you like parry/heavy game play you’ll have a good time here.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Other possible uses, Diss track, power gain nodes, that taunt is pretty effective