**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is the new animation for buffed champions necessary?

RvzRvz Posts: 179 ★★
edited June 2022 in General Discussion
I mean guys as you can see most of the buffs are underwhelming. The attack became a little better, but the new animations make the special attack more difficult to dodge. DPXF’s buff is meh but his sp2 is hard to dodge. The new animation is just a buff for defense. Anyone?
IMO most buffs are just eye candy or consolation and for defensive purposes as well, not helpful for attack.

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,126 ★★★★★
    I’m meant yes it gotten a tiny bit harder. I’m can dexterity the first two bulls. But the last I’m keeping dexterity to early but that’s to work one isn’t hard just to use to old animation. It getting essay over time and he starts jumping things I’m fine dumb
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Jestuh said:

Thankfully the s2 does no damage so just take it to the face and go to your next fight.

Horrible buff.

I haven't updated yet to see his new moves but I believe the special 2 description said every blocked hit applies a taunt which is 25% attack reduction with max of 3 and with sig I think if he tries to apply a new taunt at max so one refreshes it gives him half a bar of power. If his special 2 has 3 or more hits to it then blocking it will reduce your attack to 25% strength and possibly give him a power gain or more. The description also said he is 100% more likely on defense to throw SP2 so if he almost always (or always under 3 bars?) throws the SP2 you could be playing most of the fight at 25% attack unless you have a power manipulation champ being used against him.

As I said I haven't seen it myself yet but I do see where this could be frustrating. I personally also dislike the animation changes making old specials we could easily dex or just avoid harder to do so now since it basically only hurts us as well as all the other abilities or functioning that Kabam puts in certain champs to make them stronger when used against us but we don't get the same benefit when we play them ourselves.
  • Crine60 said:

Jestuh said:

Thankfully the s2 does no damage so just take it to the face and go to your next fight.

Horrible buff.

I haven't updated yet to see his new moves but I believe the special 2 description said every blocked hit applies a taunt which is 25% attack reduction with max of 3 and with sig I think if he tries to apply a new taunt at max so one refreshes it gives him half a bar of power. If his special 2 has 3 or more hits to it then blocking it will reduce your attack to 25% strength and possibly give him a power gain or more. The description also said he is 100% more likely on defense to throw SP2 so if he almost always (or always under 3 bars?) throws the SP2 you could be playing most of the fight at 25% attack unless you have a power manipulation champ being used against him.

As I said I haven't seen it myself yet but I do see where this could be frustrating. I personally also dislike the animation changes making old specials we could easily dex or just avoid harder to do so now since it basically only hurts us as well as all the other abilities or functioning that Kabam puts in certain champs to make them stronger when used against us but we don't get the same benefit when we play them ourselves.
    I didn't think of that and just tried it and you're right. It makes more sense now but still needs a dmg boost
  • GlazzyBearGlazzyBear Posts: 132 ★★
    I just wish that Kabam did buffs more thoughtfully like they did with Storm and Gamora (3rd buff). I'm getting kind of upset we keep getting buffs like Karnak, Xpool, Yondu, and Psycho Man. Still upset that they gave ddhk all these cool abilities but made his damage and regen rate weak, and that the objectively nerfed guilly whether you like the new version or not. Immensely disappointing considering how we went from 4 buffs a month to 3 to 2 to currently unknown number of, but mediocre buffs. I beg Kabam to go back to making well-done buffs to spark more interest in this already diminishing and content-lacking game.

If you asked me, the game is almost the same as it was close to a year ago, besides paragon and 7.4 (act 7 rewards) Not a good thing imo
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    I'm loving his basic attack animations.
    Definitely top 5 for me personally.
    But that SP2... Yeah that's gonna be annoying to evade.
    Guess it's gonna be another situation where you got no choice but to eat that special like a turkey club sandwich... or block it but that'll give you 25% of the damage you had previously.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★

I just wish that Kabam did buffs more thoughtfully like they did with Storm and Gamora (3rd buff). I'm getting kind of upset we keep getting buffs like Karnak, Xpool, Yondu, and Psycho Man. Still upset that they gave ddhk all these cool abilities but made his damage and regen rate weak, and that the objectively nerfed guilly whether you like the new version or not. Immensely disappointing considering how we went from 4 buffs a month to 3 to 2 to currently unknown number of, but mediocre buffs. I beg Kabam to go back to making well-done buffs to spark more interest in this already diminishing and content-lacking game.

If you asked me, the game is almost the same as it was close to a year ago, besides paragon and 7.4 (act 7 rewards) Not a good thing imo

Karnaks buff was top tier, I don't know what your on about.
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Posts: 204 ★★

I'm loving his basic attack animations.
    Definitely top 5 for me personally.
    But that SP2... Yeah that's gonna be annoying to evade.
    Guess it's gonna be another situation where you got no choice but to eat that special like a turkey club sandwich... or block it but that'll give you 25% of the damage you had previously.

I think you’re spot on. Seems like a buff aimed more at defensive abilities than offensive.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★

Jestuh said:

Until it popped up in kinetic transference,Bubble shield etc

Not looking forward to the inevitable Invade placements
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,379 ★★★★★
    Kabam Said they wanted to update Older Champs Animations OG Panther DPX Gamora Storm Daredevil HK
    Because either the animations Were Basic and boring, they shared animations with other skins The Deadpools or Daredevils or for both reasons I'm happy with the new animations
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    You have had some very controversial posts lately my friend.

Another disagree it is!
  • 318Chubz318Chubz Posts: 121 ★★
    Rvz said:

I mean guys as you can see most of the buffs are underwhelming. The attack became a little better, but the new animations make the special attack more difficult to dodge. DPXF’s buff is meh but his sp2 is hard to dodge. The new animation is just a buff for defense. Anyone?
    IMO most buffs are just eye candy or consolation and for defensive purposes as well, not helpful for attack.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I have a idea, it might sound crazy at first, but I’m almost certain that it’ll work.

You hold the left side of the screen when he launches an attack, this will cause you to B L O C K.

Okay, ☺️
  • ShivacruxShivacrux Posts: 405 ★★★
    Unio77 said:

Acting as if it's the end of the world if you don't dex the sp2. Treat it like Punishers, take it and move on.

Ah yes and receive 75% attack reduction for 13 seconds nice strategy
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Part of the reason why they've been updating animations on older Champions with these updates is the fact that when these champions first came out, they were just reskinned versions of the same characters and at the time with limited movesets they were forced reuse a lot of the same animations (IE Deadpool/ DPXF, Black Panther/ BPCW, Iron Fist/ Immortal Fist, Iron Man/ SIM, etc.) And that's not even including the different Champions that use the same heavy animation.

Now they have an opportunity to give them a little more distinction between the alternate versions of the same character as well as try to aim for something that's more in tune with the character itself. In fact before the buff program started a couple years ago, this was one of the more common complaints when people wanted buffs on Old champions.