Options

Throne breaker has too much luck involved

Luffy_00Luffy_00 Posts: 21
edited June 2022 in General Discussion
i say this as someone with some 6 star champions (all skill), from what i’ve said you may already see my problem, it’s the t5cc for the skill class and the fact that i could complete 6.4 and not get throne breaker because of luck of getting t5cc (skill) if it’s a requirement to have 6*r3 then make it a more reliable way to gain them without so much luck being present

Comments

• Options
    ShivacruxShivacrux Posts: 408 ★★★
    Luffy_00 said:

i say this as someone with some 6 star champions (all skill), from what i’ve said you may already see my problem, it’s the t5cc for the skill class and the fact that i could complete 6.4 and not get throne breaker because of luck of getting t5cc (skill) if it’s a requirement to have 6*r3 then make it a more reliable way to gain them without so much luck being present

Do variants, complete act7 to literally get a generic r2-3 gem
  • Options

It is so easy to get selectors now. No one to blame but yourself.

is this coming from someone that has already made it there? because if so it would only make sense as to why it’s easy for you
  • Options

T5CC is now given out like candy these days. There's literally a lot. When I was grinding for Thronebreaker it took me 4 months after completing 6.4 before I got a full T5CC. I had 80% of a mutant TCC and it made me explore all the Variants, Act 6.1, Act 7.1 (still no 7.2 back then), Cavalier challenges that made you use 4 stars, etc. and I still didn't get to obtain 20% of a mutant. What I did was complete a single run of Abyss to get a full T5CC albeit random. Ironically, I got a full Mutant from the run after 8 hours in the Abyss.

Was I frustrated not getting what I need for months? Nah. I actually enjoyed the long grind. The feeling of chasing for something. I'm now doing it for Paragon.

There's a lot of T5CC now especially in Act 7 which is way easier to clear.

First i would like to say it’s wild that i would have to complete further in the story to get a title that was chapters behind and it definitely sounds like you got lucky with the catalyst you needed you had a 1 in 6 chance and you got lucky, now yes you worked very hard in those four months but it sounds like luck truly triumphed ,i’m glad you had fun, and t5cc is probably given out like candy where you’re at
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Luffy_00 said:

T5CC is now given out like candy these days. There's literally a lot. When I was grinding for Thronebreaker it took me 4 months after completing 6.4 before I got a full T5CC. I had 80% of a mutant TCC and it made me explore all the Variants, Act 6.1, Act 7.1 (still no 7.2 back then), Cavalier challenges that made you use 4 stars, etc. and I still didn't get to obtain 20% of a mutant. What I did was complete a single run of Abyss to get a full T5CC albeit random. Ironically, I got a full Mutant from the run after 8 hours in the Abyss.

Was I frustrated not getting what I need for months? Nah. I actually enjoyed the long grind. The feeling of chasing for something. I'm now doing it for Paragon.

First i would like to say it’s wild that i would have to complete further in the story to get a title that was chapters behind and it definitely sounds like you got lucky with the catalyst you needed you had a 1 in 6 chance and you got lucky, now yes you worked very hard in those four months but it sounds like luck truly triumphed ,i’m glad you had fun, and t5cc is probably given out like candy where you’re at
    Nah, that was more than a year ago when T5CC was still rare. If I didn't get the class that I need then I'll grind for shards. You guys have a lot more 6* shards now and nexuses. Back then I get to open 1 6* a month at most.
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,214 ★★★★★
    So 7 years old account.

Summer of pain + Act 6 completion + Act 7.1 , 7.2 , 7.3 , 7.4

Also all the variants. Aswell as Side quests

Lots of content to play for guaranteed R3.

My one acc has 4 r2 6*s and like 3 R5 5*s and im on 7.3 with it. Just not a r3 cause of level. But 7.4 gem gives .
  • Options

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/281856/journey-to-thronebreaker-challenge/p1

Here is a thread I made detailing getting thronebreaker within 6 months on an account I made from scratch, 0 money spent, no arena grinding for units and 0 T5cc RNG

All you need to do is plan out the RNG for T5cc because there are so many 25% T5cc collectors in the game now that you just need to get to 50% in one class of t5cc and then select the rest. Or you can push to act 7 and get a 2-3 gem. Now in the game, there is 0 RNG that can stop you getting Thronebreaker if you just play the game. The RNG can only get you TB earlier than you should if you get lucky.

What you’re doing by calling it RNG is saying “the game is RNG because I’m not getting lucky to get TB earlier than I expect to”. The game is actually fine, you need to collect more T5CC to get TB naturally and the odds are you’ll form one sooner rather than later.

You’re looking at it wrong when you say 1/6 chance. Getting thronebreaker is not aimed at a Cav who can only get 1 class catalyst by sheer luck of getting the same kind a ton, it’s aimed at someone who can get way more than that and average it out so you get at least 1 class cat formed. You’re also looking at it wrong where you say you should get a full catalyst by the time you’re completing 6.4.

6.4 and a rank 3 are two separate criteria. It means Kabam wants you to have done both to call you a TB. It doesn’t mean anything more than that.

I appreciate from where you’re sitting you want to tell other people it’s RNG, or it’s unfair or it’s easy to say for other people. And I don’t want to say anything rude, but I hope you can see by the thread above that it isn’t just RNG, I did it with 0 T5cc RNG, it’s not unfair, I did it with 0 money spent and 0 T5cc RNG, and it’s not just easy for other people to say because they’ve done it with their accounts, I did it from scratch.

As for what you can do, either take a look in detail at the thread I made detailing my plan and what I did. Or let us know what content you have left and what you’re struggling with. Most people on the forum will gladly suggest options or strategies.

The forums will always take more kindly to someone who says “I have a problem, please help me”. Rather than someone who says “I have a problem, change the game so my problem goes away”.

you say just play the game like it’s easy, but at a certain point one slip up cost you your champ and i looked over act 7 rank 2-3 that you were talking about and that would put me on the door of paragon before i become tb it doesn’t make sense to me at least. and the game is mainly about chance and luck there’s no denying that.

yes you made it to tb on another account from scratch but how long did it take you to reach tb from cavalier?(i tried to read it all but stopped at 2 months) i know you got uncollected pretty quickly. think about this you, a veteran player vs me a bit above a casual, it would take me a much more lengthy amount of time. does it really make sense for the amount of time to get one certain t5cc?

me saying it involves too much isn’t me saying it only has that quality when it comes to rng.

also you saying you did it without rng is that implying you didn’t get any t5cc fragments of the class you needed and that you only used selectors or a rank up gem for any class?

what i got from the beginning of this is be one of the few players that can complete act 7 or get lucky with getting the first 50% of t5cc fragments from crystals.

also i’ve watched plenty of videos and gotten plenty of help with other situations this one feels and is completely different

• Options

So 7 years old account.

Summer of pain + Act 6 completion + Act 7.1 , 7.2 , 7.3 , 7.4

Also all the variants. Aswell as Side quests

Lots of content to play for guaranteed R3.

My one acc has 4 r2 6*s and like 3 R5 5*s and im on 7.3 with it. Just not a r3 cause of level. But 7.4 gem gives .

am i eligible for the summer of pain? act 6 completions awards a t5cc which is most likely not going to be the one i need, act 7 definitely seems above my pay grade and i would be at the door of paragon before i became tb it just doesn’t make sense.

the variants gives crystals which are random my problem is the randomness not that it’s a lack t5cc fragments

i also thought it was guaranteed that i was gonna get another class 6 star but nope all skill
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    edited June 2022
    At the door of Paragon. That is really funny. At the moment you cannot even get a rank 4. If you went for 7.4 now you would not even have materials to do half a r4. You need 3.

Title by completing act content is gone. The only reason it is still part of the requirement is so level 1 accounts can`t simply buy the title.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,113 ★★★★★
    Luffy_00 said:

Do abyss
    I did the same when I was not getting my last 10% tech t5cc. Guess what
    Got mutant instead of tech 😂😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,777 ★★★★★
    There was a fair amount of luck involved in the beginning when t5cc was extremely rare, but I wouldn't say that's still the case really. Nowadays, there's both so much random t5cc in the game (even for Cavalier players) and so many selectors that you shouldn't have any problems forming an initial t5cc crystal. Of course, you'll have to decide if you want to use the crystal you form if you don't have any good champions in that class, but that was the same for everyone.

Explore the monthly quest (Cavalier difficulty) and you'll get a 10% t5cc Nexus crystal from which you can choose 1 out of 3 classes. Chances are pretty high that you'll get it for the class you need. There's usually also around 10% t5cc in the monthly side quest.

Moreover, you can always explore Variants. As Kabam stated when the latest one came out, they aren't really considered endgame content anymore but rather something for midgame players such as yourself. When you explore them, you get a huge 25% chunk of t5cc. It's a random class but it's so much that it'll bump that class's t5cc fragments significantly. That's mainly how I formed my first t5cc.

Given that Act 6 was also just nerfed, you might want to explore that act for more t5cc crystals.

Basically, there are a lot of t5cc fragments out there to find. Both in terms of random ones that are available in such abundance that you'll be able to form a t5cc of a random class with relative ease and from selectors that - with a bit more work put in - allow you to form a t5cc of a class of your own choosing. But you need to work for it.

I also think Act 7 is worth giving a shot. I really enjoyed it. It's a lot more fun than Act 6 and has a lot better rewards, and it's obviously a great source of t5cc.
  • Options
    tfdrp2tfdrp2 Posts: 49
    Unless I'm reading the posts wrong I suggest you finish your initial completion of act 6, then start to worry about TB. That's what almost all TB folks had to do. I got TB 1 year after it came out. If you are Cav (I didn't see where you specified your current level or where you were in act6) then you should be getting 6* shards from monthly Uncollected EQ and SE pretty easily, won't discuss Cav EQ since it is not really geared at CAV players now. 100% Variants 5+ and you get 25% T5CC and 5k 6* shards for each one. Open crystals to get more than just skill champs.

I'd have sympathy if the rest of the community that is TB didn't go through the same struggle. I went through it after the first nerf of act6, so I do feel sympathy for those who did it before the nerf. I'm not the best player, I use lots of revives and pots when I do content. I do get the occasional 1 shot on a hard fight/boss and that's good enough for me. I also had to go at the GM 3 different times until I got him down. first 2 times I went through all my farmed pots/revives and units. I farmed more of all 3 (arena is your friend) then got him down.

It basically comes down to... play more. Grind for revives in act 3.2.6, grind for pots in ROL. If you have not 100% ROL yet, do it. The rewards won't help, but the game play will. If all else fails, buy offers that include 6* shards so you can open more than just skill champs. If you are f2p and not doing arena, you have a long road to travel.

That's all I got. Good luck.

• Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,493 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Summoners!

I'm seeing lots of players eager to share tips, tricks and advice here. AND it's stayed largely very encouraging and respectful.

You love to see it! Keep it up.

It's so much more fulfilling to just tell him to get better at the game though.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,186 ★★★★★
    Luffy_00 said:

Can you complete 6.4?

If so then you will breeze through -- relatively -- completion runs in Act 7. The only hard parts are the bosses in 7.2-7.4, but they're not that bad. There is a path or two in each quest that are easier than most paths in Act 6. After finally completing 6.4 I completed 7.1 in two afternoons.

Completion runs in Act 7 provide good rank-up materials. Plus the paths have rewards on them, such as full T5b and T2a.

Good luck.

• Options
    KeremKerem Posts: 140
    Luffy_00 said:

Badass84 said:

Then you just have to play a longer time. This game is a marathon not a sprint.

7 years is how old my account is granted i did take breaks and you’re telling me to play longer that’s just not reasonable. It’s essentially just testing your luck with fragments to see if you can become tb
    No matter what if you’ve been playing this game for 7 years and you’re not even a TB, that means you’re doing something wrong!!