**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Aw is going to be only for Master tier

I'm playing in plat3/4 for 4 years, every season until this last one was very enjoyable and fun and competitive,this season with the changes that @kabam made unfortunately it will be our last as an Alliance,we run out of potions and boosts,(most of our items used were from input bugs) plus mistakes happen to the best of the players, adding all that up ,I spend over 1 million loyalty this season (which isn't over) , healing to full boosted r4 champs is very expensive,to conclude my opinion, aw will be going down down in every season if you don't address this issue
and it's very sad, thanks...

Comments

• Mrashpool_1Mrashpool_1 Posts: 19
    Yes I also lost nearly 1million loyalty which I save to get 6* unstoppable collosus but right now not possible for a year
  • Johnie13p said:

I'm playing in plat3/4 for 4 years, every season until this last one was very enjoyable and fun and competitive,this season with the changes that @kabam made unfortunately it will be our last as an Alliance,we run out of potions and boosts,(most of our items used were from input bugs) plus mistakes happen to the best of the players, adding all that up ,I spend over 1 million loyalty this season (which isn't over) , healing to full boosted r4 champs is very expensive,to conclude my opinion, aw will be going down down in every season if you don't address this issue

Sure but everyone is going to experience this issue and have less items. Only people in Masters will still be spending units for items, so platinum will still be competitive just with more deaths.
    the way nodes and champ abilities and tactics interact, there is actually no way to do war without boosts and solo fights.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    last few wars, our "upper P3" wars have had about 2-3x more thans than the start of the season.

There will be white noise around glitches/bugs, etc., but I can only imagine that a good chunk of these deaths are related to people just not wanting to spend to heal up, and only using the 40% revives.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    There was a LONG period of time where alliance prestige was a hidden factor in war matchmaking. We were AQ focused and (compared to our war rating) our prestige was high. When Kabam removed prestige from war matchmaking, we spent a season steamrolling overmatched alliances. By the fourth week or so, a new equilibrium had been established and our opponents were comparable to us.

This is no different. A few groups will spend to excess just like they might on July 4 and other times. The player pool at large adjusts their behavior to the new economy and war scoring adjusts accordingly.
  • Johnie13pJohnie13p Posts: 19

Johnie13p said:

Sure but everyone is going to experience this issue and have less items. Only people in Masters will still be spending units for items, so platinum will still be competitive just with more deaths.
    Nope I think ppl will stop playing aw because they don't want to be responsible for dragging downth alliances, that's the problem we are facing in our alliance,ppl said they will go to an aw free alliance,so that's what I mean aw will be going down and down on participation and competition, sadly again...
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

xNig said:

AW is a very interesting mode.

What happens is, heavy boosting and heavy potting causes the entire alliance (assuming the entire alliance does that) to artificially inflate their war ratings (by winning wars that they would not have won if they didn’t boost and pot so extravagantly).

When that happens, in order to sustain that inflated war rating, the boosting and potting will have to be continued, causing unnecessary strain on items.

What can be done is NOT boost and heavy pot for two seasons and see where you land. That is the alliance’s “equilibrium war rating” where you have a 50% win rate.

Then question yourself, by looking at the rank rewards, whether the extra rewards from your existing rank to the next rank is worth the amount of effort, items, stress and unhappiness incurred.

If it isn’t, then don’t bother with spending excessive items for war. It’ll just result in a never-ending spiral of pain, complaints, finger pointing over deaths.

Just take things easy at your equilibrium war rating and if you want to take things a level higher, change to an alliance with a higher war rank/rating, improve on your skill so your standard of play (aka equilibrium war rating) increases and can sustain that level of competition without spending items more than your loyalty intake can afford.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Id agree, but certain boosts are needed for normal play. Basically you say is try your best and throw without healing, which isnt really a possibility in higher plat/ masters.
    We need to have a supply of loyalty which is enough to sustain/ can be farmed.
    EVery other resource can be farmed, heck even bought. Not loyalty. And what they have done isnt enough.
    Not necessarily tbh. I’ve had a fair few itemless wars across the last couple of seasons and that’s playing in T1 war. A lot of AW comes down to planning - your officer(s) laying out a good plan - and you personally having a plan about how you’re going to approach each matchup you’re assigned.
    Obviously the officer who’s planning my bg is very good at what they do and they’re planning for good players so the planning that we get is going to be more coherent than lower tiers.

From what I’ve seen the vast majority of deaths fall into two categories, both of which are easily correctable.
    - Poor planning - not knowing how certain champion/nodes interact and assigning a poor champion to take the node.
    - Poor execution - getting smacked in the face enough times to die.

I think that the 40% revive is a big improvement and I do think that there’s more that should be done for loyalty access.
  • TheFlashy20TheFlashy20 Posts: 32
    Johnie13p said:

Johnie13p said:

Nope I think ppl will stop playing aw because they don't want to be responsible for dragging downth alliances, that's the problem we are facing in our alliance,ppl said they will go to an aw free alliance,so that's what I mean aw will be going down and down on participation and competition, sadly again...
    AW is easily the best mode for endgame users. It’s competitive and there is strategy involved. I think AQ is pointless without AW, why get rank up materials if not for competitive modes like AW and Battlegrounds? It sounds like your in a lower level alliance so maybe your right, but I just think your over reacting. Maybe your not as skilled and get frustrated because you personally can’t take fights without boots, but all I see happening in AW for platinum 1 and lower is just more deaths. A lot of good alliances do relaxed AW and still get P3 and P2 rewards which are fair for not being as competitive.

xNig said:

What happens is, heavy boosting and heavy potting causes the entire alliance (assuming the entire alliance does that) to artificially inflate their war ratings (by winning wars that they would not have won if they didn’t boost and pot so extravagantly).

When that happens, in order to sustain that inflated war rating, the boosting and potting will have to be continued, causing unnecessary strain on items.

What can be done is NOT boost and heavy pot for two seasons and see where you land. That is the alliance’s “equilibrium war rating” where you have a 50% win rate.

Then question yourself, by looking at the rank rewards, whether the extra rewards from your existing rank to the next rank is worth the amount of effort, items, stress and unhappiness incurred.

If it isn’t, then don’t bother with spending excessive items for war. It’ll just result in a never-ending spiral of pain, complaints, finger pointing over deaths.

Just take things easy at your equilibrium war rating and if you want to take things a level higher, change to an alliance with a higher war rank/rating, improve on your skill so your standard of play (aka equilibrium war rating) increases and can sustain that level of competition without spending items more than your loyalty intake can afford.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Id agree, but certain boosts are needed for normal play. Basically you say is try your best and throw without healing, which isnt really a possibility in higher plat/ masters.
    EVery other resource can be farmed, heck even bought. Not loyalty. And what they have done isnt enough.
    I respect and understand what you mean,I used to play in masters/plat 1 alliances,my problem is that most of the items we used,it was from problematic inputs,game bugs or froze screens(I do have a perfect phone ) also aw is the main reason I still play this game,but I don't like the way things are turning for the majority of the free to play players,

Johnie13p said:

Johnie13p said:

AW is easily the best mode for endgame users. It’s competitive and there is strategy involved. I think AQ is pointless without AW, why get rank up materials if not for competitive modes like AW and Battlegrounds? It sounds like your in a lower level alliance so maybe your right, but I just think your over reacting. Maybe your not as skilled and get frustrated because you personally can’t take fights without boots, but all I see happening in AW for platinum 1 and lower is just more deaths. A lot of good alliances do relaxed AW and still get P3 and P2 rewards which are fair for not being as competitive.
    Your thoughts are wrong, I've done every content in the game without using unit man,so I think my skills aren't the problem.....

Johnie13p said:

Johnie13p said:

Johnie13p said:

Your thoughts are wrong, I've done every content in the game without using unit man,so I think my skills aren't the problem.....
    That’s good, especially if your a long time player and never had to use units for 6.2 champion pre nerf or units for AOL, very impressive. I guess then I don’t understand why you can’t compete in high tier AW without boosts every fight? I also think that if you can’t do that, then you shouldn’t be competing in a Masters or P1 alliance. So P2 and P3 is probably better for you and like I said, many great alliances do p2 casually so that’s probably more your skill set when it comes to AW.
    Let me explain it further, I'm taking 10/11 fights per war ,power snack,mix master, footloose, conflictor power gain node and boss fights,I Solo most of the fights unless a mistake (or bug)happen, everyone and I mean everyone who wants to be sure for a solo always boosts up,my problem is that constantly healing r4 champs to ensure the the next fight is soloed is very expensive and the loyalty we earn doesn't recover the cost of healing,hope that clarify everything.
    P.S ....I only spend money 3- 4 times a year when good deals are worth it.
    Plus I've said from the beginning that only this season is my problem, loyalty isn't covering the cost of healing up r4s and buying boosts,so I can't understand why my "skills" are the problem with some ppl who don't even know how to solo a boss....
  • TheFlashy20TheFlashy20 Posts: 32
    Johnie13p said:

Johnie13p said:

Johnie13p said:

Johnie13p said:

That’s good, especially if your a long time player and never had to use units for 6.2 champion pre nerf or units for AOL, very impressive. I guess then I don’t understand why you can’t compete in high tier AW without boosts every fight? I also think that if you can’t do that, then you shouldn’t be competing in a Masters or P1 alliance. So P2 and P3 is probably better for you and like I said, many great alliances do p2 casually so that’s probably more your skill set when it comes to AW.
    Let me explain it further, I'm taking 10/11 fights per war ,power snack,mix master, footloose, conflictor power gain node and boss fights,I Solo most of the fights unless a mistake (or bug)happen, everyone and I mean everyone who wants to be sure for a solo always boosts up,my problem is that constantly healing r4 champs to ensure the the next fight is soloed is very expensive and the loyalty we earn doesn't recover the cost of healing,hope that clarify everything.
    P.S ....I only spend money 3- 4 times a year when good deals are worth it.
    Well there is your problem man! Haha maybe somebody else should pick up the slack, that’s crazy you take 10 fights every war. I agree with everything you are saying, I just don’t agree with your originally point of AW is going to be only for Masters. If you wanna take less fights, be in a good alliance fighting for a spot in Masters, with great AW planning so you can save some boosts, let me know.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

xNig said:

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Which is exactly what Nig is saying. In higher play and masters you’re probably having an inflated war rating due to winning some wars you definitely wouldn’t have if you hadn’t of boosted. You would drop down to lower brackets which is your Equilibrium War Rating.

Also I’m not entirely sure which boosts are “Needed” for normal play. Boosts imo are used to make things easier, which is not “normal play”, because they give you things which aren’t usually there.
    Please come to higher tiers and see for yourself whether they are "needed".
    Boosts are things that are essential by all players at higher tiers. Nobody just "floats" to a tier on skill alone.
    There are PLENTY of fights that cannot be done without the 3min boosts which is why they are monetized so heavily.
    "inflated" war rating is nonsense, if everyone didnt have boosts then it would be an even playing field.

basically what you wanna say is pay up or shut up, nothing more.
    What do you define as higher tiers?

What fights SPECIFICALLY CANNOT be done without the 3 minute boosts?

I’ll wait for your response.
  • Mauled said:

xNig said:

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Not necessarily tbh. I’ve had a fair few itemless wars across the last couple of seasons and that’s playing in T1 war. A lot of AW comes down to planning - your officer(s) laying out a good plan - and you personally having a plan about how you’re going to approach each matchup you’re assigned.
    Obviously the officer who’s planning my bg is very good at what they do and they’re planning for good players so the planning that we get is going to be more coherent than lower tiers.

From what I’ve seen the vast majority of deaths fall into two categories, both of which are easily correctable.
    - Poor planning - not knowing how certain champion/nodes interact and assigning a poor champion to take the node.
    - Poor execution - getting smacked in the face enough times to die.

I think that the 40% revive is a big improvement and I do think that there’s more that should be done for loyalty access.
    Same tier here. Teams and fights totally depend on the map, nobody can guarantee a player has 5 fights every war. Some wars i take 13 fights, some i take 5. It also depends on rosters and comfort of a player playing certain champs. Ive had itemless wars and other ones as well.
    40% revive is awesome, but the current loyalty flow is incredibly low unless you win every war, and we arent GT40. You fall to 10% after a fight, you arent gonna kill your toon and revive, that just doesnt happen.
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    For every alliance that drops down because potions are less affordable, there’ll be an alliance that climbs up because they hardly used potions in the first place.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

xNig said:

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Which is exactly what Nig is saying. In higher play and masters you’re probably having an inflated war rating due to winning some wars you definitely wouldn’t have if you hadn’t of boosted. You would drop down to lower brackets which is your Equilibrium War Rating.

Also I’m not entirely sure which boosts are “Needed” for normal play. Boosts imo are used to make things easier, which is not “normal play”, because they give you things which aren’t usually there.
    Please come to higher tiers and see for yourself whether they are "needed".
    Boosts are things that are essential by all players at higher tiers. Nobody just "floats" to a tier on skill alone.
    There are PLENTY of fights that cannot be done without the 3min boosts which is why they are monetized so heavily.
    "inflated" war rating is nonsense, if everyone didnt have boosts then it would be an even playing field.

basically what you wanna say is pay up or shut up, nothing more.
    What do you define as higher tiers?

What fights SPECIFICALLY CANNOT be done without the 3 minute boosts?

I’ll wait for your response.
    Im at 3k+ wr. Expert map. Let me give you examples

Path2 t1, bruteforce, node20 masochism. Ideally need sp1 start or have to take block damage (ends up in more loyalty usage), to get to a bar of power to play around strike counter, since r3s dont have enough combat power rate.
    Similar for p2 t2.

Depending on matchups, Nick fury needs an invul or stray ai might make him spam sp1s and go unblockable: more loyalty to heal.

magik usage ANYWHERE needs sp1 start else you risk taking a lot of damage/dying before sp2 with the proliferation of r3/r4 defenders vs an r5.

Depending on your matchup for path4, sp1 start needed to finish fight asap.

Nimrod vs kitty currently safest way to fight is sp1 start. Footloose wpx: nimrod sp1 start or risk getting into a corner with unstoppable unblockable wpx.

Apoc burst fights need sp1 start to get out of there quick.

This is not counting ANY class boosts. Most of the attackers prefer class boosts, and that takes even more loyalty. Also remember, healing is 9k = 20k loyalty. Most toons are 60k+ in health boosted.

If you dont know much about expert map, base attack is 8k on normal nodes. healthpools range from 130k-200k normal nodes. Mini bosses are 300k range with 10k attack, and bosses are 13-14k attack with 400k+ health.
    So I’ve been in challenger pretty much all season. I’ve come up against almost all of those fights at some point or another. Not once did I NEED any of the aforementioned boosts for those fights. And even in your own words a lot of them are just preferable to have. There is a difference between a NEED and a nice to have. I actually don’t see a single example there that NEEDS them.