Options

So, turns out they're doing another variation of Summoner Camp this year

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,265 ★★★★★

I don't get why people are so put off by it. It's not that different. Claim a Calendar, or claim an Objective. All the same, really.

For me, it's the objectives aspect as well as the fact there is an option to pay for more items. To me, it was better when there was a progression calander and people claimed the items, now you have to do objectives and then pay like $20 to double them. The monetary part just makes it like all those other game events where you do tasks to collect items and ypu can pay to get the other side of those items too. Can't think of them name of those but yeah. Takes the appreciation out for me
    ( and I still won't call it that, and neither have they)
    What is this "that" that is being referred to?
    I refuse to call it Summoner Appreciation because that's not what it is. They wouldn't tie in Appreciation with purchases.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,813 ★★★★★
    The first such event came with a reduced Energy Cost for Act 4. Perhaps something similar for Act 7? :D
  • Options

I don't get why people are so put off by it. It's not that different. Claim a Calendar, or claim an Objective. All the same, really.

For me, it's the objectives aspect as well as the fact there is an option to pay for more items. To me, it was better when there was a progression calander and people claimed the items, now you have to do objectives and then pay like $20 to double them. The monetary part just makes it like all those other game events where you do tasks to collect items and ypu can pay to get the other side of those items too. Can't think of them name of those but yeah. Takes the appreciation out for me
    The appreciation ( and I still won't call it that, and neither have they) is from the free Items we get. There's an option to get more if we pay. That's pretty much how the game works. I just don't see the difference between logging on and logging on and clicking a button. Just logging on to claim the Calendar isn't how the game is played. For that matter, it was 10 Fights, if memory serves. Those could be done on Auto in RTTL or any other easy aspect. I can understand the lack of grace days.
    You ask what people's issue with the event is, someone explains to you and you dismiss it.

It's very different then logging in and collecting from a calender - one is passive and the other is active and requires much more effort; you acknowledge this yourself by claiming "that's not how the game is played", so saying "It's not that different" is either you being willfully ignorant, or intentionally detracting.

Your responses also point out that you clearly understand WHY people are so put off by it - but how about this as an explanation, since it's something practically everyone, with the exception of you, has already said.

Because they hate the event. Reading comprehension is fun, helps gather that useful information you claim to just, not be grasping.

The previous event was tedious, full of issues and only contributed to fatigue. People already have EQ, Side Quests, AQ/AW and now this, even more objectives. It's oversaturation of content, forcing people to spend all their time and energy in game to "keep up". That's not "appreciation" nor is it "appreciation from free items". The items aren't free - time and energy are an even more valuable resource in this game than money and units.

The game just went through its worst year in terms of bugs and issues, Kabam then decides to bring back an event that their entire player base hated and you're... baffled at the exasperation and disdain people are showing for this news?

Makes sense.
    I have every right to agree or disagree with someone's points. I didn't get the arguments last year, and I don't now. If you're trying to debate the difference between pressing one button and pressing a couple, then I'm concerned for humanity.
  • Options
    Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Still with the bugs and lags in the game they expect us to do more gaming, that's nice move Kabam. Aren't we already frustrated with these issues in other modes and now it just adds more to it.
  • Options
    Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    To summarise:

If you live in your mom's basement and play MCOC all day, this event is probably for you.

If you have a life i.e. family, a job, vacations, hospital appointments, etc, there will definitely be days where you can't complete the objectives.
  • Options
    Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★

To summarise:

If you live in your mom's basement and play MCOC all day, this event is probably for you.

If you have a life i.e. family, a job, vacations, hospital appointments, etc, there will definitely be days where you can't complete the objectives.

You can easily auto fight either the normal event quest or the easy daily iso, catalyst and proving grounds and get your 10 fights done in less than 3 minutes. You can do that while in the bathroom.
  • Options
    DRTODRTO Posts: 1,624 ★★★★★
    Yeah was not fan of this event, 10 fights does not seem like much but having to do it everyday for like 3 months or whatever it was is just super tedious, especially if aq and aw fights did not count. I think I only got 9 days of it last year, and the awards that you could get did not even seem worth the effort from what I remember. There was literally nothing wrong with the super calendar that they had 2 years ago, that was exciting and seeing the rewards you got at the end was awesome. This event is just a money grab especially since you had to pay for an extra awards boost or whatever that was. Hopefully these objective are more reasonable this year cause if it's super tedious again I'm just gonna skip it again.
  • Options

I have every right to agree or disagree with someone's points. I didn't get the arguments last year, and I don't now. If you're trying to debate the difference between pressing one button and pressing a couple, then I'm concerned for humanity.

Now, I don't know if this event is going to be a tedious travesty like it was last year - but what I do know it's not going to be as nice as an appreciation calendar. I do know that almost everyone hated last year's event and that almost everyone hates a tiered reward system where you need to pay to actually get the better rewards.

I started with those comments because that's what people are saying. That's what they're explaining about why they hate this event.

You absolutely have every right to disagree with someone's points, but you're not doing that. An actual disagreement would be you pointing out how this universally panned event, is the same as logging in and passively gaining rewards. Which, by the way IS "how the game is played" because the login calendar has been part of the game for years and contributes to how players play. See, I responded to you with an actual disagreement involving structure and substance.

You said you didn't understand why people didn't like the event - well, as shown above people have explained why they didn't like the event and you're not responding to those points.

Them saying (and explaining) why they hate it and you saying you don't understand is not disagreement, that's you just saying that you can't understand why people are upset that an event they hated last year is being brought back this year - don't really know how to help you with that one, people have explained themselves pretty clearly.

You also commented on the fact that the rewards are free - but when I pointed out they're not because time and energy are among the most valuable resources we have, you have nothing to say.

You have every right to disagree and I don't believe that I suggested otherwise once. But you're not doing that, you're intentionally detracting and offering no value while trying to maintain some strawman and I don't appreciate it. Now, if you want to actually respond and provide some insight into why you prefer the summer camp and how there is "practically no difference" between the pay for rewards camp and the passive appreciation calendar. Or why people's exasperation at the return of an event they hated is misplaced - that would be an actual disagreement.

The game is not played by simply turning it on.
  • Options
    When I said I don't understand what the issue is, I didn't mean literally. I understood the arguments last year. I just didn't agree with it. We had to run 10 Fights on Auto and claim an Objective. Press a few buttons. Honestly, it's not that different than just turning the game on. You either press one to turn the game on, or you press a few to enter a Quest, Auto 10 Fights, and claim. I'm not really interested in an argument about active or passive. It's literally the same thing. We're not even doing the work.
    I thought it was a frivolous complaint last year, and I still don't agree with it. That's about it.
  • Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,157 ★★★★★
    I got the impression that the overall feedback was very negative on last year's choice of doing the Summoner Camp/Resort side quest as opposed to a simple Summoner Appreciation Login calendar? Why bring back something that many felt was just annoying extra work?
    Bring back the simple Login calendar.... please and thanks
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I’m just happy we get another 3 month event instead of not having one at all.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    You might find answers in one of the half dozen other posts that were created with the same intention.