**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam, stop starving players of gold

13»

Comments

• Options
    The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    edited July 2022
    Just because you have time or wish to grind arena and are sitting on 50 million golds and not experiencing any shortage doesn't nullify the truth about gold shortage
  • Options
    NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    The economy manager of this game is awful. Whoever you are
  • Options

Even doing eq monthly, sq daily, and incursions and story people are having severe gold problem just for basic and even a few selected rankups.

Just fyi what i have seen a 5 star takes 3 million golds to rank up from rank 1 to rank 5. Now someone just bring that amount through calculation to show that even a months worth of sq eq is enough to not say we are not starving out of golds.

Remember that's just for 1 5 star max!!!

Are we supposed to go from R1 to R5 in one sitting? We can, does that mean it's a reasonable use of Resources?
    No it takes a lots of sittings bro.
    Whole month of sq and eq and you can't have enough gold for 2 max 5 stars, in an age, where to many they don't rank up 5 stars because they are no longer useful.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Even doing eq monthly, sq daily, and incursions and story people are having severe gold problem just for basic and even a few selected rankups.

Just fyi what i have seen a 5 star takes 3 million golds to rank up from rank 1 to rank 5. Now someone just bring that amount through calculation to show that even a months worth of sq eq is enough to not say we are not starving out of golds.

Remember that's just for 1 5 star max!!!

Are we supposed to go from R1 to R5 in one sitting? We can, does that mean it's a reasonable use of Resources?
    No it takes a lots of sittings bro.
    Whole month of sq and eq and you can't have enough gold for 2 max 5 stars, in an age, where to many they don't rank up 5 stars because they are no longer useful.
    The point I'm making is taking a Champ a Rank at a time (a couple for lower Ranks) is more prudent than using that much Gold in one sitting.
  • Options
    crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★

Cyimgood said:

Gold should be given away. It’s hard enough to get the other resources, gold shouldn’t be an issue. I don’t have time to farm Arena, play incursions, SQ, EQ, etc.. but when you dupe a toon and they give you 24 5k shards that would cost 180k in gold and they give you 1,163. That math doesn’t add up. When you dupe a toon, the gold should match the cost of the class iso you receive. So many players in this game can’t afford to rank up toons because gold is a scarcity if you don’t have the time to spend your whole life grinding this game.

The ISO is to rank up your champ. You can't think of it in terms of it's "worth" in gold. That's just not how it works.
    That's just not how you want it to work because you want to rank everyone yesterday and expect kabam to finance it because you don't want to do the work and don't know how to manage your resources to make it work.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Unio77 said:

Everybody screaming "jUsT dO aReNa" as if most of us here have the time for that.

That's similar to what people say when someone says the game is too difficult, as if most people have the time to "git gud" as well.

If you want to get to a certain place in the game, time is one of the two resources you're allowed to spend on it to get there. If you don't have money, you can't buy offers, but the game isn't going to cater specifically to those people. If you don't have time, there's lots of activities you won't be able to do. The game isn't going to specifically cater to those people either.

I should specify, the game is perfectly fine for casual players that only want to spend an hour a day, or an hour a week, or an hour a month. Just as long as they only expect an hour's worth of progress for that time. Those who expect years of progress for minutes of time, will have to find another game.
  • Options
    Unio77 said:

crogs said:

Unio77 said:

crogs said:

Unio77 said:

Everybody screaming "jUsT dO aReNa" as if most of us here have the time for that.

Actually many have posted other options, easy ones too. Yet the whiners focus on the arena comment. Basically says you don't want to hear solutions. You just want kabam to give you more gold.
    I've been playing the game for a few years now so I know how things work. I try to explore side and event quests every month and even do incursions here and there.
    Without even knowing my situation your already making a judgement that I don't want to hear solutions and I just want handouts.
    Do better 💀
    Me do better? You went through the whole thread and all you had to say was to whine about arena. But I need to do better. Right.

And... Ooooo... A few years. Such a seasoned vet you are. 🙄
    Why are you so pressed about a comment about arena as if I'm wrong. To get the amounts of gold everybody is talking about you'll need to dedicate time to the effort which most people don't have.
    Again, you focus on one thing. There are many ways to acquire gold. I don't grind arena, though lately I have because I really need the units to make a GM run. I never have grinded arena. A few milestones here and there, and that's about it. In all the time I've played the game, and I'm guessing that's about twice as long as you, I've had a few instances of being short on gold and had to wait to rank. I didn't whine and complain. I didn't blame the game. Though there was a time when kabam really tried to make you rank Champs you didn't care to because they want you to spend that cheddar.

But I played my game. I managed my resources. I stopped giving a **** about maxing out Champs I really don't need. I learned how to get the most out of my resources for the time I play. I put up anywhere from 75k to 105k in SA every other week (we hold for every other SA). And every other week I have more gold than what I started with at the end of that on week. And I'm at the point I couldn't want for gold if I tried because I learned how to manage my resources and game play.

Like some of the others trying to give advice, we played the game a lot longer than you. We played when there wasn't as much access to gold as there is now. Same with access to other resources. So maybe if you got your millennial head out of your instant gratification ass for five minutes and listened to what others have said and actually give it a try instead of always having an excuse and placing blame, you might actually learn something and not just constantly expect handouts when something isn't as you think it should be.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    crogs said:

Cyimgood said:

Gold should be given away. It’s hard enough to get the other resources, gold shouldn’t be an issue. I don’t have time to farm Arena, play incursions, SQ, EQ, etc.. but when you dupe a toon and they give you 24 5k shards that would cost 180k in gold and they give you 1,163. That math doesn’t add up. When you dupe a toon, the gold should match the cost of the class iso you receive. So many players in this game can’t afford to rank up toons because gold is a scarcity if you don’t have the time to spend your whole life grinding this game.

The ISO is to rank up your champ. You can't think of it in terms of it's "worth" in gold. That's just not how it works.
    That's just not how you want it to work because you want to rank everyone yesterday and expect kabam to finance it because you don't want to do the work and don't know how to manage your resources to make it work.
    I think you reversed the context of the post you just replied to.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    If you’re ranking more champs than it takes to get level up rewards and use your expiring iso, the issue is your lack of restraint/impatience. There are very few situations where your fate changes at all if you spread that 3/45 rankup across two level up days instead of one.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,028 ★★★★★
    crogs said:

Cyimgood said:

Wut?
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Just because you have time or wish to grind arena and are sitting on 50 million golds and not experiencing any shortage doesn't nullify the truth about gold shortage

So because you experience a shortage, its a problem, and just because other people don't experience it, doesn't matter.

The truth is some people experience a gold bottleneck and want more gold. Other people experience a different bottleneck and want more something elses. No one's resource bottleneck is intrinsically more important than anyone else's.
    Bottlenecks and severe shortage are much much different. As I said in the previous post show me through calculation how many 5 stars can we max keeping in mind one costs around 3 million from all the months worth of gold we get from eq100% sq and incursions.

And people doing eq 100% all sq and incursions are sending a considerable amount of time.

And Just because other people dont.

If possibile kabam can make a survey in game asking about who are facing gold shortage and and publish the results. Then we can see what % of majority this "other people" falls in and what% experience gold shortage quite clearly.
  • Options
    If you don't do arena but do all eq 100% sq and incursions you still don't have enough gold to r5 2 5 star chmaps from r1.

I don't know what can explain gold shortage more
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

So because you experience a shortage, its a problem, and just because other people don't experience it, doesn't matter.

The truth is some people experience a gold bottleneck and want more gold. Other people experience a different bottleneck and want more something elses. No one's resource bottleneck is intrinsically more important than anyone else's.
    Bottlenecks and severe shortage are much much different. As I said in the previous post show me through calculation how many 5 stars can we max keeping in mind one costs around 3 million from all the months worth of gold we get from eq100% sq and incursions.

And people doing eq 100% all sq and incursions are sending a considerable amount of time.

And Just because other people dont.

If possibile kabam can make a survey in game asking about who are facing gold shortage and and publish the results. Then we can see what % of majority this "other people" falls in and what% experience gold shortage quite clearly.
    Can they also ask what people are hoarding? Maybe you're hoarding hero crystals that hold dupe iso that could be sold for gold. Maybe you're hoarding arena boost crystals you'll never use or t3 cat shard and whole crystals. Can spare me the "I shouldn't have to do that to get gold" comment. Resources are resources. Resources can become other resources. If you don't need certain resources, why not sell them for ones you need?

You don't get rewards for hoarding crystals and shards for crystals. And if you have more than enough of them, there is no detriment or oh **** moment where you can't believe you opened them and don't have enough for whatever.
  • Options
    sherin_66sherin_66 Posts: 250 ★★★
    edited September 2022

If you don't do arena but do all eq 100% sq and incursions you still don't have enough gold to r5 2 5 star chmaps from r1.

Except I can't remember the last time I did incursions. Well over a year ago. I run arena but usually only the featured and rarely hit all the milestones. Sometimes I only hit a few milestones or skip it entirely. I only rank 6*s these days and somehow have 61 million gold. I don't know what can explain the non gold shortage more. It's about resource management. Bring on the disagrees but it's true lol.</blockq

ok
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Except I can't remember the last time I did incursions. Well over a year ago. I run arena but usually only the featured and rarely hit all the milestones. Sometimes I only hit a few milestones or skip it entirely. I only rank 6*s these days and somehow have 61 million gold. I don't know what can explain the non gold shortage more. It's about resource management. Bring on the disagrees but it's true lol.
    Its the overflow of shards and different progression levels. 5* shards are given in ridiculous ammounts... They are the new 4* for longer players... But for fairly recent ones they get overwhelmed with a bunch of new mid to high tier champs and go crazy ranking up... Then they pull the 6* and it happens all over again.
  • Options
    e_mace_mac Posts: 102
    I am never in lack of gold. It's called resource management. Not very different than what you do/ should be doing in real life. You don't spend your money faster than you can earn it, do you?