Options

Alliance war rating - strange numbers

Comments

• Options
    kunfuweikunfuwei Posts: 64
    Nice another war same issue. Can we get a real update.
  • Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    what exactly does that + - number mean in the grand scheme of things? thought multiplier/tier was the only real important one?
  • Options
    ArtnmotionArtnmotion Posts: 43

This is our next war info win or lose there are no points gained. Would really like some clarity on the situation
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 542 ★★★
    Same!

• Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,161 ★★★★★

This is our next war info win or lose there are no points gained. Would really like some clarity on the situation

That is because matchmaking haven’t started yet
  • Options
    It’s always showed in the past regardless our last 2 wars we won and each time only gained 19pts towards our rating
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,827 Guardian

It’s always showed in the past regardless our last 2 wars we won and each time only gained 19pts towards our rating

You need to be Matched against an opponent (ie, Defense Placement has started), in order to Kabam to show what the exact +/- potential is for the teams.
    That is when the differences in strength/rating (basically the “odds” for the match) will determine the slight difference in +/- for one side vs the other (like a boxing match, or horse race, odds). You get higher increase for beating a stronger team, conversely if you lose you will not lose quite as much rating if you expectedly lose to that stronger team. Etc.

After the Sunday/Monday war (like now), you have that extra “off day” before the next matchmaking. Thus you only think it always shows in the past (because you’re comparing it to the Wed/Thur or the Fri/Sat war cases).
  • Options
    Thanks I’ll look again when placement phase starts but man these point totals of only getting 19 rating points for a win is driving everyone crazy it’s always been close to 50pts for a win like it was for our first war of the season then something just went haywire with the last 2 wars
  • Options
    GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Posts: 150

Thanks I’ll look again when placement phase starts but man these point totals of only getting 19 rating points for a win is driving everyone crazy it’s always been close to 50pts for a win like it was for our first war of the season then something just went haywire with the last 2 wars

Why are people bothered by it if it is affecting everyone equally? I asked hundreds of folks and everyone that got back to me has this same "issue". Until I see someone that currently has the old +/- I'm going with Kabam changed it for everyone so that it shows a lower number, that's it. Them admitting it or explaining the change would however be appreciated.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 467 ★★★
    GoDlyZor said:

Why are people bothered by it if it is affecting everyone equally? I asked hundreds of folks and everyone that got back to me has this same "issue". Until I see someone that currently has the old +/- I'm going with Kabam changed it for everyone so that it shows a lower number, that's it. Them admitting it or explaining the change would however be appreciated.
    They might come back to us 2 weeks later and say "oh yes, there is a bug".
    But I suspect they don't have tester to play the real game mode, otherwise they wouldn't be so unsure and only say will look into it.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,256 ★★★★★

It could just mean the 50 points win at the start of the season propelled your war ratings to a level where you’re getting relatively even matches due to a higher % of alliances being around that rating.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Nah if you look at his numbers in that screen shot, if anything the second fight the opponent must be 20 Points above them should have been a higher plus than the previous war. It’s making zero sense
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,175 ★★★
    GoDlyZor said:

If the decrease in points of lose or win would have been from war number 1. Then it was fair as it affected all season every alliances. But that's not the case. War 1 was earlier system of rating allotment. This new change came into effect from war number 2. That is an issue for sure.
  • Options
    Update plox
  • Options
    Duo_KulioDuo_Kulio Posts: 182 ★★
    Another AW with bugged rating!
  • Options
    MalPMalP Posts: 6
    If you are not familiar with Elo rating systems, I recommend reading about it on Wikipedia or another site. The change in +/- is effectively a change to the rating system’s K value.

Although it is odd that the change happened for the second war of the season, it is not the first time the K value has changed. The following numbers are for top war rating alliances. As far back as I am aware, the K value was originally around 97 or 98. Even war rating matchups would be +49/-49. Then at some point the K was changed to 65 for alliances over 3k war rating. The latest change was to 39 for alliances above and below 3k, though I am not sure if there is a lower cutoff for another K value.

I do not know the reason for the change. Maybe to slow down how quickly the ratings of top alliances grow. The main impact I see is on alliances trying to move up tiers as they will require more wars to catch up to higher alliances.
  • Options
    if this is the new norm, please clarify it, otherwise please fix the issue.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,152 ★★★★★
    We lost our first war (-30) and have won the next two (+12 each). Still not back to where we started. Under the old system, our wins were +40 for where we’re at in war tiers.
  • Options

We lost our first war (-30) and have won the next two (+12 each). Still not back to where we started. Under the old system, our wins were +40 for where we’re at in war tiers.

Many alliance were screwed up by this issue.
  • Options
    How about some clarification on this? If it’s the new normal fine but why was it put in place during the second war?
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Cant be the new norm surely, gives a big advantage to those that won the first war of the season.

We lost 50 points in the first war so will now take 3 war wins to gain a net positive, where as if you won you could lose two wars and still be ahead of where you started the season.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    FunnyDude said:

Actually it only screwed over alliances that lost the first war. It’s benefiting those that won the first war.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Jaded said:

FunnyDude said:

Actually it only screwed over alliances that lost the first war. It’s benefiting those that won the first war.
    so it's 50% alliances right?
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,372 ★★★★★
    Well its also a negative for alliances that are winning most their wars. Its much harder to increase in rank now.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    FunnyDude said:

Jaded said:

FunnyDude said:

so it's 50% alliances right?
    I never put a number to it, I’m only stating that the alliances that lost have a larger hill to climb back up to where they were and those that won have a superficial buffer because of it now. If an ally is on the cuff of tiers and typically bounce between two tiers if they lost the first won dropping them out of a higher tier itll be near impossible for them to catch up to those that won/jumped them. So definitely not 50% of alliances would that impact.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,161 ★★★★★
    We lost the first war, that is -32 points. The last 2 wars we won has been 24 points combined. Look like we will win this 4th war today so that is another 10 points. In total, win 3 wars to make up the lost points from first loss. This is not right.