Options

Alliance war rating - strange numbers

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,279 ★★★★★

Kabam Jax said:

While I know this has been frustrating, please be aware that the scoring issue is affecting all alliances equally, not just yours.

We are going to continue to monitor the impact of this change through the season and will reconvene afterwards to see what further action needs to be/can be taken.

Let's talk about that bolded word for a second.

Equally. Evenly. Regularly. Uniformly. Identically. Similarly. Just as. To the same extent. To the same degree. By the same token. In the same way. Likewise. Correspondingly.

Please tell us how the alliances that won their first war, when the points were how they were supposed to be, is equal to those that lost their first war. Please tell us how the alliance that lost their first war are equal to those that won their first war.

They aren't.

The alliances that lost their first war have to win twice as many just to not even break even. This was never the case. In previous seasons a first war of the season loss did not mean you couldn't overcome that loss. Now here it does. Those alliances that bounce between tiers and subsequently brackets are now guaranteed to place lower than they would have. And in most case lower than they ever have.

Last season my alliance placed G1, we have been there for the last 5 seasons. If we would have lost our first war we would have dropped a tier thus lowering our multiplier, thus lowering our season points, thus making it harder than it has ever been to stay G1. Luckily we won.

This issues doesn't affect us. Negatively, that is, in any way. In fact we are benefiting from it. But my old alliances and even a friends alliance, who have lost war 1, and won each war after, they are losing placent despite winning. They are dropping placement and one has dropped brackets.

You say you are going to monitor the impact through the remaining wars, and won't even address it till after the season. I'm sorry Jax, that's not a good way to do it. You guys have all the data points you need, all the affected players showing proof they are fighting a loosing season because of 1 war loss. You KNOW there is an issue even isolated the cause. And your course of action is to "let it play out"? No it should be to end this season. We have had seasons canceled for smaller issues than this. But this....an issue that is guaranteed to end with people placing out of their normal bracket, is ok to continue with?

Everyone who was T3/4/5.
    Everyone who was/is S1/2/3 G1/2/3 PLATINUM 1/2/3/4!
    Or super close to those and could have moved a tier. Those that lost war 1 now have no shot at moving up, when previously they could have. But those alliances don't matter right? You only matter and you're voice is only heard if your Masters and the top 3. Many of whom are know *carefully omitted word* alliances. So long as they maintain their placement all is fine.

It's disingenuous, and callous to say this affects everyone equally. Especially when numbers have shows it doesn't affect those that won war 1.

There has been issue after issue with a lackadaisical approach from the higher-ups and its been getting worse and worse. There needs to be a change.

Canceling the season and distribute rewards based on an the last season is the best course of action. That MIGHT have a negative impact on a handful of alliances. But letting it play WILL have a negative impact on 100 more handfuls.

I'll take my forum ban for speaking negative.
    They don't ban people for critical thought. The Forum would be empty.
  • Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★

Kabam Jax said:

While I know this has been frustrating, please be aware that the scoring issue is affecting all alliances equally, not just yours.

We are going to continue to monitor the impact of this change through the season and will reconvene afterwards to see what further action needs to be/can be taken.

Equally. Evenly. Regularly. Uniformly. Identically. Similarly. Just as. To the same extent. To the same degree. By the same token. In the same way. Likewise. Correspondingly.

Please tell us how the alliances that won their first war, when the points were how they were supposed to be, is equal to those that lost their first war. Please tell us how the alliance that lost their first war are equal to those that won their first war.

They aren't.

The alliances that lost their first war have to win twice as many just to not even break even. This was never the case. In previous seasons a first war of the season loss did not mean you couldn't overcome that loss. Now here it does. Those alliances that bounce between tiers and subsequently brackets are now guaranteed to place lower than they would have. And in most case lower than they ever have.

Last season my alliance placed G1, we have been there for the last 5 seasons. If we would have lost our first war we would have dropped a tier thus lowering our multiplier, thus lowering our season points, thus making it harder than it has ever been to stay G1. Luckily we won.

This issues doesn't affect us. Negatively, that is, in any way. In fact we are benefiting from it. But my old alliances and even a friends alliance, who have lost war 1, and won each war after, they are losing placent despite winning. They are dropping placement and one has dropped brackets.

You say you are going to monitor the impact through the remaining wars, and won't even address it till after the season. I'm sorry Jax, that's not a good way to do it. You guys have all the data points you need, all the affected players showing proof they are fighting a loosing season because of 1 war loss. You KNOW there is an issue even isolated the cause. And your course of action is to "let it play out"? No it should be to end this season. We have had seasons canceled for smaller issues than this. But this....an issue that is guaranteed to end with people placing out of their normal bracket, is ok to continue with?

Everyone who was T3/4/5.
    Or super close to those and could have moved a tier. Those that lost war 1 now have no shot at moving up, when previously they could have. But those alliances don't matter right? You only matter and you're voice is only heard if your Masters and the top 3. Many of whom are know *carefully omitted word* alliances. So long as they maintain their placement all is fine.

It's disingenuous, and callous to say this affects everyone equally. Especially when numbers have shows it doesn't affect those that won war 1.

There has been issue after issue with a lackadaisical approach from the higher-ups and its been getting worse and worse. There needs to be a change.

Canceling the season and distribute rewards based on an the last season is the best course of action. That MIGHT have a negative impact on a handful of alliances. But letting it play WILL have a negative impact on 100 more handfuls.

if they dont have an answer they usually delete the comment or just ignore it lol. no hard core evidence on kabams part has shown what @Liss_Bliss_ is false, then again it will take time for them to play catch up yet again with this issue. they havent mentioned how they will deal with the issue after the fact. they simply said they were going to try and fix it after the season ends. fix does not mean giving alliances back their previous ranks/points/tier.

honestly if they canceled the season and just reset everyone to what it was before season started would be the easiest form of making everything as perfect as possible. now i dont know how difficult that may be but im sure its easier than allowing this to continue and making more people upset and their actions that come after. now if they keep this seasons ranks and tiers after season there will be even more issues that come up.

but to the original comment, id keep a close eye on the "ban" part
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    edited July 2022
    I only
    Just realised that yeah it’s making moving tiers take a lot longer. Glad that ratings were locked off season now lol, we usually tank, even lost last two season wars last season so we wouldn’t be stuck in 5 since we were going to miss plat cutoff anyway would have screwed our selves if we’d dropped to 8 off season, like we often do.
    With this and the locked numbers off season you’ve screwed a lot of the up and coming alliances, but also probably screwed the shellers too lol
  • Options
    Chief_primeChief_prime Posts: 70 ★★

Kabam Jax said:

They aren't.

Everyone who was T3/4/5.

They absolutely do! Speaking from personal experience, and also I personally know too many others who've been silenced here for nothing that could be considered as breaking TOS.

They don't ban you coz - well I won't develop on it as I don't fancy my mini also getting banned, for speaking my mind freely...
  • Options
    Chief_primeChief_prime Posts: 70 ★★
    As to the topic at hand: totally should cancel this shady season. By kabam's own admission it's a faulty one.

Just consider awarding everyone in the alli. Mine does two rotating battlegroups, so there is the other half of us that is only gonna start from the halfway point this week.

People's hearts are not into it tho. Knowing you're fighting with extra odds added on top of it. Some folks think it's not worth pushing it this one, while others still wanna go full out.

It's a mess and creating more friction into an already stress filled game mode
  • Options
    Agreed. End the season early and make everyone happy!
  • Options
    Wildblue333Wildblue333 Posts: 403 ★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

As I previously mentioned, this was brought to our attention and is something we've been investigating.

The scoring system was adjusted in this AW season; this was not intentional and therefore is not a new norm. We have found the cause of the issue but will not be able to implement a change until the next season. While I know this has been frustrating, please be aware that the scoring issue is affecting all alliances equally, not just yours.

Jax,

I understand that you might want to keep it going but I would ask you to end the season early and give out compensation instead so you can properly fix the problem.
    Now if you want to keep it going, I would recommend that those who play get something special or exclusive.BUT only for players of AW. If Prof Hoff gets this, you did something wrong cause he never plays AW and seems proud of this.
  • Options
    SkjornSkjorn Posts: 76
    I’d also like to add that since the numbers are messing up, so are the match ups. More alliances are having incredibly easy AWs while others are way out of their league as a result of incorrect ratings
  • Options

Kabam Jax said:

They aren't.

Everyone who was T3/4/5.

They absolutely do! Speaking from personal experience, and also I personally know too many others who've been silenced here for nothing that could be considered as breaking TOS.

They don't ban you coz - well I won't develop on it as I don't fancy my mini also getting banned, for speaking my mind freely...
    People get banned for violating the rules. Not for speaking freely.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,844 ★★★★★

Kabam Jax said:

They aren't.

Everyone who was T3/4/5.

Had to laugh, thanks
  • Options

Kabam Jax said:

They aren't.

Everyone who was T3/4/5.

Had to laugh, thanks
    It's true. It's been said as long as I've been around. People are allowed to disagree with Kabam. There's no great conspiracy.
    What matters is the manner they communicate that, and it pertains to the rules. We all have our moments. Unfortunately, when we pop off, we're responsible for what we say.
    There's a way of expressing what we think without getting into conspiracy, rabble-rousing, being disrespectful, getting personal, encouraging boycotts, spamming issues that are already being discussed, ranting, pretty much everything they've covered in the Rules. Multiple Forum Accounts, you name it. The reason people get banned is they don't adhere to the Rules. Not because they're critical of a decision.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Yeah I don't know why people think the season should be cancelled over this. This effect had a relatively small effect on the outcome of the season in general. As an alliance that lost the 1st War of the season and has won the last 5, This hurt us about as much as anyone as this basically made it impossible to reach the next reward bracket. With our configuration of Tier 4 and 1 BG, it also requires us to go 11-1 to get Gold 2 instead of Gold 3. That 1 loss being the only War with the normal multiplier greatly affected our chance at Gold 2. But I don't think this should be cancelled because people have spent resources on this season and the actual individual wars have still all been fair. This isn't the same as bugs that affect gameplay or the inability to select a tactic or place defenders. Everyone's record this season is still accurate it's just a little unfortunate that those who are succeeding aren't moving up the Tier list at the rate they should be.
  • Options
    Kibble001Kibble001 Posts: 58
    This was noted July 9th. It’s now halfway in the season. With lag, crashing, battlegrounds and new content they have plenty to fix. I’m guessing if they havent done anything after 2 weeks, nothing will change. You can fill this post every war with how unhappy you are but thats about it.
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Please do NOT take the advice of the forum member advocating for canceling the season and distributing season rewards based on last season. My alliance finished in Silver 2 last season and currently are in low Gold 3. We have worked hard and won 5 in a row. Yes my alliance was affected by the new +/- numbers. It went from +/-50 in our first AW to around +/-15 in the last 4 we participated in. And for clarification we are also moving between tiers 11 and 12 (this is not a top tier alliance in a top AW tier).

A cancelation and distribution of last season's placement rewards would not be fair by any means. This would be a punishment in some cases for alliances that did absolutely nothing wrong. It's not the alliances' faults that the scoring numbers changed.

That is exactly why I said canceling would hurt a handful of alliances. But not canceling would hurt a whole lot more.

What's worse 1,000 being negatively impacted or 10,000?

You don't want a canceling of the season? Then take the first war and delete it. Track everyone back to day 1 current position. Tally tier, and multiplier from then. You will be back at S1. That's fair. That first war should not be the deciding factor for 50% of alliances. And right now it is. You have people in tiers and brackets that they don't belong in. And past performances prove that.
  • Options
    pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,827 Guardian
    edited July 2022
    Edit: looks like its working again.

I agree those who lost war 1 had a massive impact to their war season. Those who jump between tiers are the ones who will be hit the hardest here.
  • Options
    DudeMaGudeDudeMaGude Posts: 87

Well its also a negative for alliances that are winning most their wars. Its much harder to increase in rank now.

Very true....we have won all wars this season and have not progressed at all from Gold 3....easily would have been into Gold 2 by now. Plus, we haven't budged in tier either, which is really frustrating.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Shaktiman said:

For the people like @Obsidiman_Jones or @K00shMaan saying that it would be bad for them if the season is cancelled now, guys you are at high rank because of that incorrect ratings. You won the 1st AW thats why you are saying this. Just think if you would have lost, you would have dropped below to lower tier!
    Don't be selfish when you are one of the few alliances who benefited from this bug!
    And yes..
    Please cancel the season and give the rewards of last season positions! This is the best solution and prolonging this will lead to mass dissatisfaction!

I specifically stated we are 5-1 and LOST the first war of the season.
  • Options
    QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 808 ★★★★
    Here's what going to happen. Kabam is going to let the season play out then give out compensation that is the difference between your current rank and the next one up.
  • Options
    Seeker17Seeker17 Posts: 4
    Our alliance Chill Chill has won’t every AW for the last two seasons and we are still playing the same map and stuck in the same tiers.
    Whats up??
  • Options
    QuikPik said:

Here's what going to happen. Kabam is going to let the season play out then give out compensation that is the difference between your current rank and the next one up.

Highly doubt that.
    More like, sweep it under the rug and announce a war reward hike next season.
  • Options
    MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 282 ★★★

QuikPik said:

Highly doubt that.
    More like, sweep it under the rug and announce a war reward hike next season.
    More like, sweep it under the rug and say they "determined it only affected small number of alliances" and do nothing but say they will fix the "bug" for next season. Then there's about a 70% chance it's not actually fixed when the season starts.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,291 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022

Kabam Jax said:

They aren't.

Everyone who was T3/4/5.

People get banned for violating the rules. Not for speaking freely.
    Don't we all miss 'kabam loto' and their unstoppable warnings.
  • Options
    SkjornSkjorn Posts: 76
    Seen many people affected by this, but has the war rating issues actually benefitted any alliances?
  • Options
    Terror_TomTerror_Tom Posts: 152
    Yes it did, at least every Alliance that one the First war of the season. If your Alliance was hunting for a higher war tier and lost the first war you are screwed
  • Options
    tHe_RuDe_kILLrtHe_RuDe_kILLr Posts: 86
    So its starting to look like we will never get back into T2 for multiplier to get us back into P2 bracket. This scoring is ridiculous for win. By this time we would be back into T2 multiplier with all our wins but this +19 is getting us no where. Which is very
    un-motivational trying to push for it. Can someone from Kabam respond to this.. You can tell Kabam is keeping silent wanting season to end normally while all alliances suffer abnormal tier placing.