**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Skipping BG this week

Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
You’re taking the fun out of this great game mode.

Timers too short.

Unblockable stinks, especially with the worsening of input controls after the last update.

I’m here to have fun. Not for this. See you next beta, I hope.

Comments

• OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,106 ★★★★★

You’re taking the fun out of this great game mode.

Timers too short.

Unblockable stinks, especially with the worsening of input controls after the last update.

I’m here to have fun. Not for this. See you next beta, I hope.

It is still a beta. They need to mess around with different nodes to see what works well and what doesn’t.

Also I don’t think the energy cost is going away. They’ve had it for the past several betas. It may go down in cost but might as well just accept it’s going to cost something.

Timers are definitely not too short. I like 120 seconds better than 90, but the idea is still the same. Do as much damage as possible while taking as little damage as possible. Just have to pick better attackers…

The worst thing about BG’s has and continues to be modding.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,823 ★★★★★
    Energy is the biggest issue, that’s why I don’t play it
  • Alright_Batman88Alright_Batman88 Posts: 35
    DNA3000 said:

Free mastery swaps would have been nice if the node was gonna punish a specific mastery setup

Even if mastery swaps were free, I'm not going to swap them back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and ... you get the idea. I still think mastery profiles is basically a mandatory requirement for this game mode. It would help other modes, but BG all but requires it for it to not be highly problematic to experiment with the meta.
    This right here. Besides mods I would say that the issue of mastery swapping is the next biggest issue. Swapping masteries is already a pain and the cost to swap them just for BG is not worth it and impractical. It disenfranchises many players, especially when the nodes (like this week’s nodes) punish people who run full suicides. The issue of mastery swapping is already an issue with the game; however, BG exacerbates this issue. Master set up should be a priority for the dev team—not frivolous things the community could care leas about.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Free mastery swaps would have been nice if the node was gonna punish a specific mastery setup

You better suggest Kabam to give you 2-3 customise mastery profiles such that you can switch between BG and normal quests.
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,547 ★★★★★
    Energy is the biggest drawback for me too, especially with all the cheating etc going on, it is quite literally a waste of energy where I could of put to use elsewhere. I see a lot of players mention about its own energy cost but personally i wouldn't be against a gold entry fee ... bit like how arena works... 🤔
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,547 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    BG own energy is most definitely the way forward for that. Give us 6 energy like you do in war/quest and each match uses 1 energy, have 1 energy refresh every 30 mins or so and if you really wanna put some sort monetisation to it then throw in some BG energy refills for 30 units or something at a purchase limit of 5 per day to stop people whaling out and getting g well ahead of everyone with their big bank balance 🤷‍♂️

A tie awards both players with 1 energy point back (assuming you stick the tie thing)
  • AndremlopesAndremlopes Posts: 82
    The energy is a problem… no doubt… but regarding the mode itself… time reduction was terrible…

That, not only made the differences between roosters a bigger disadvantage gap, but also made 5* virtually useless, once 6*r4 has a big increase in health… so no more trying to finish with a full health bar to maybe win.. you will not finish some defenders with this time reduction

And there is one more point… you have in THEORY 90 seconds… but the introduction animation take 10 seconds… so you really have only 80 seconds
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Played 200+ matches last beta. Only played 10 matches on this one due to energy resource. I'm focusing on other stuff in the game and as much as I want to play Battlegrounds, 15 energy is just too much for me atm.
  • ThomildoThomildo Posts: 442 ★★★

Played 200+ matches last beta. Only played 10 matches on this one due to energy resource. I'm focusing on other stuff in the game and as much as I want to play Battlegrounds, 15 energy is just too much for me atm.

Pretty much the same for me. The battlegrounds store is nice, but the buff to eq rewards makes me want to explore more difficulties. Not enough energy to do both.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    They need to atleast send some energy refills in the mail until this energy issue is resolved