**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: Act 5 Chapter 2

Comments

• edited June 2017
    Will passive abilities like magik's limbo count as buffs for Buffett nodes?

To answer both of your questions: Yes Dexterity does count as a Buff and will interact with Buffet. Limbo does not interact with it, however.

Additionally, Parry does count as a Debuff, so Masochism will eat it.

It's important to remember, though, that when a Buff or Debuff does get consumed, there's 7 seconds where you can proc Buffs and Debuffs and they won't get nullified, nor will they be retroactively nullified when the cooldown is over - it's just the FIRST Buff or Debuff applied when the Node is not in cooldown.

• _XxxX__XxxX_ Posts: 4
    Did you make a lot of effort to arrange these awards? It is definitely a joke. You've all really laughed, did you show real prizes without further ****? We are all waiting. I hope you do not delete this ...
  • kaisy1123kaisy1123 Posts: 1
    mmmmmmmm
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Guys jokes aside, I know these rewards aren't great. But look at the chapter rewards for act 4, it's ISO and mastery points mainly. I think the main rewards for act 5 will be the final ones for completion and exploration
  • Harada78Harada78 Posts: 31
    Wow these rewards are horrible, you guys can do much better than this. Adjust these rewards before they go live kabam . For the difficulty your describing these rewards seem to be lacking incentive to complete chapter 2
  • Wow. Amazing rewards. If it was act 4.... why dont they update the rewards to something valuable.
  • PonyboyPonyboy Posts: 122
    edited June 2017
    Forest for the trees @Kabam Miike
    It's not about the leaked content and proving it was changed. Totally agree.

It's the rewards. We all want a challenge. But the whole push towards 5*s is leaving those with weak unduped 5*s in the dust. There's only so much the 4*s maxed can do. So now we'll have another 4* maxed for Ch3? Not really the best preparation for the next harder content to come. Only 1/5 a 5* crystal
  • 4thYellowFlash4thYellowFlash Posts: 28
    Ok:
    •Act4 didn't have "any" 4star shards on "any chapter"
    •Act4 didn't have "any" T4Basic shards on "any chapter"
    Just talking about those 2 rewards, how is it possible for Act5 to have Custom Global Nodes, Admins saying that Act5 has the hardest Quest Content released...yet. How...no not how, WHY are you Admins ok with releasing rewards for a New Quest, that don't live up the Hype of said New Quest???
    So you Admins made +4 New Global Nodes for us to deal with....sure I'm 100% ok with that, I'm game with any New Challenge you guys add to the game. Adding 4 New Global Nodes means you had to sit down at the Round Table & Focus Group on what New Global Nodes to be made & how they will be added. Thank you for doing that. No Jokes it means a lot.
    Here is the Problem: You now want me to deal with a Powerful Opponent & a New Global Node...BUT you didn't sit down & think about about the "reason" for any summoner to want to deal with it. Let me explain: Act4 was completed for 1 reason & 1 reason only [4 Tier4 Alpha Catalysts]....you know what I'm taking about. You know that Very Rare Catalyst (The Blue One) that is used to rank a 5star Champion to Rank4....YES THAT ONE. We summoners dealt with everything Act4 had to offer because we knew that once we finished it...we would become Stronger. Makes Sense to you all???
    Here is the thing: you offer 4star Shards (we get them for free from the Arena) as rewards when the Whole Act before this one had zero 4star Shards. You offer T4Basic Shards when the Whole Act before this one had zero T4Basic shards. How...sorry not how, WHY are you Admins expecting us Gamers to be happy...let alone ok with your choice of rewards for Game Content that your saying is HARDER THEN ANY OTHER QUEST????
    So what to do to fix this: here it is...make a copy of everything that was given in Act4 & just double it. That's the easy way out...there are other options but that's the easiest way to fix this.
    If you Admins keep slapping us gamers in the Face, there will be no one left to play the game. You want us to fight Harder Game Content...then give us a reason, a Real Reason to complete said Quest.

Thank you in advance for reading this & taking this into consideration...
  • Symie5Symie5 Posts: 12
    Rewards stink! Giving us a 4* rank up gem just as 4* champs accelerate their descent into obsolescence. Meh.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Maybe you get the good rewards from the quests in chapter 2 and not completion or exploration
    (Trying to be optimistic but knowing kabam, it's just gonna the dumb rewards in the post
  • xXxCBxXxxXxCBxXx Posts: 1
    Garbage...
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    I guess I'll lend my voice to the chorus of players condemning the rewards. My complaint is not the rewards themselves but the fact that they do not scale up proportionally from the rewards from Act 4. Honestly they don't even scale up proportionally from act 1 to act 2 in chapter 5.

Look at the rewards for chapter 4 of act 3 and then how they were ramped up tremendously for chapter 1 of act 4. In that instance you did it correctly the difficulty was ramped up and the rewards were ramped up accordingly but if you compare the rewards for chapter 4 of act 4 to chapter 1 of act 5 and it makes you wanna puke. Although there was a slight increase it was nothing like the difference when transitioning between previous acts although the difficulty was ramped up on par with previous transitions. How did this make sense to you guys?
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    Will passive abilities like magik's limbo count as buffs for Buffett nodes?

To answer both of your questions: Yes Dexterity does count as a Buff and will interact with Buffet. Limbo does not interact with it, however.

Additionally, Parry does count as a Debuff, so Masochism will eat it.

It's important to remember, though, that when a Buff or Debuff does get consumed, there's 7 seconds where you can proc Buffs and Debuffs and they won't get nullified, nor will they be retroactively nullified when the cooldown is over - it's just the FIRST Buff or Debuff applied when the Node is not in cooldown.

Kabam DK

Is there a demographic when these rewards are thought up?

Like is the goal to grow the players who are still using 3*s primarily in arena? Because that's kind of what it feels like...

And if that's the case, would the solution be to maybe beef up the ratings and introduce Heroic and Master in Story Quests with better rewards for higher rated, more invested players who still want to complete the content but don't want to feel unsatisfied after doing so?

I am sure the exploration for ALL of chapter V will be worth the wait, but then we are waiting like 4-6 more months to find out if that's even the case.

Doesn't the game team want to cater towards its players who have already made that initial investment? Or is the focus new players?

Thanks
  • If these really are the rewards this shows me that there will be no real progression for veteran players until the end of the year when the last chapter of act 5 is released. Meanwhile they will throw in content to eat up units and money. Someone is trying to destroy this game, I hope they are stopped before they prevail.
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★
    I think this looks like a challenging and fun new chapter for act 5. Only problem is the rewards. If you are going to increase the difficulty increase the rewards. With the new additions to the 5* crystal it will be much harder to dupe a 5* champ. We need more 5* shards, not less and i was REALLY hoping for a 5* awakening gem or crystal to but have sadly been disappointed. This is a quest only for really good summoners so make rewards that we can benefit from rather than complain. Other than that great work and thanks for making new content
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Does "Power Shield" increase the damage from debuffs that are applied throw special attacks?
    Things like Hyperion sp1 (incinerate), Deadpool sp2 (bleed), Archangel Bleed/Neurotoxin, etc.
  • RockandrollinaDRockandrollinaD Posts: 22
    edited June 2017
    There should be at least one 5 star generic awakening gem and some t2a to motivate your players to do this quest that by the looks of it, it's going to be pretty hard. Rewards needs to be adjusted according to the level of difficult. Not even a 4 star awakening gem? Act 4 had better rewards.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I think people need to compare act 4 and act 5 chapter rewards. The act 4 chapter rewards are almost nothing
  • LaffpaffLaffpaff Posts: 9
    @GroundedWisdom need you to come in and defend Kabam on these awful rewards

It's not my job to defend anything. People have been asking for more of Act 5. Now that it's coming, people are dissatisfied. It's par for the course on the Forum.
    The Rewards aren't that horrible. They're not the same as Act Completion. The number one problem is expectations. That's why I don't get my hopes up about anything that isn't confirmed. Leaves less room to be upset when it's not what I expected.
    They are capable of explaining themselves. My stance is I'm happy they're releasing more. That's what people have been asking for. No matter what they do, there will always be people not satisfied. That's about all I have to add.

I agree that there will always be people not satisfied but come on man... EVERYONE is unhappy.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    @GroundedWisdom need you to come in and defend Kabam on these awful rewards

It's not my job to defend anything. People have been asking for more of Act 5. Now that it's coming, people are dissatisfied. It's par for the course on the Forum.
    The Rewards aren't that horrible. They're not the same as Act Completion. The number one problem is expectations. That's why I don't get my hopes up about anything that isn't confirmed. Leaves less room to be upset when it's not what I expected.
    They are capable of explaining themselves. My stance is I'm happy they're releasing more. That's what people have been asking for. No matter what they do, there will always be people not satisfied. That's about all I have to add.

Clearly from a player who has not completed trtl an 100% 5.1.
    The rewards are awful for the an fact of the matter is people are thrilled more content is available, it's just sad it's been overshadowed by the awful rewards
  • These rewards are incredibly more valuable than 4.2 rewards. People need to stop comparing it to the entire act 4
  • NebulaNebula Posts: 163
    I think people need to compare act 4 and act 5 chapter rewards. The act 4 chapter rewards are almost nothing

act 4 = act 5 now huh? People rlly need to lift their heads out of their... not gonna finish but if you want to compare I suggest comparing it to rtll instead. And this is supposed to be more challenging than that.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    These rewards are incredibly more valuable than 4.2 rewards. People need to stop comparing it to the entire act 4

That's cos the content is many many times harder, lmao
  • Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    edited June 2017
    These rewards are so dissatisfying to your older veteran high end players that have been here for 3 years strong already. What get's me is that it was stated that this quest will be harder than TRTTL. Although easy for me, the rewards for this Chapter don't even compare to the rewards for the Road, & this is supposed to be harder?

This is very lackluster to your mature player base. I have 5 rank 4 5* champions, along with many other high tier/end players. These rewards do absolutely nothing for us. Especially given the fact that we have been playing an overly bug game for month(s) time end now.

dmevdnu35a9n.gif